Recap - The Morgan Cup [Spoilers]

Well said captain.

Biggsy, that's the best post I've read on THP. Very eloquent and I can really feel the passion; well done.

Great post John and I feel the exact same way. Couldn't have said it better my friend.

MOJITO!

Fantastic post Capt!! Thank you so much for making TMC so great. Both captains did a fantastic job on the forum and I'm sure we don't even know the half of it. Congrats dude:cake::clapp::dance::drinks:

WOW Biggsy you got me tearing up!

Great post Biggsy. You led you team well, and congrats on the victory. Again, thanks for sharing this experience with all of us here at THP!

Great post Biggsy, I'm still trying to put all my thoughts together on what happend.

ddec’s Morgan Cup Experience

It’s really hard to believe this is all over. It’s kind of crazy when you think about it. You know, the weekend before signups I sat in a Chilis with OEM Kevin and we were both talking about whether or not we would pursue this wonderful opportunity and it ended late Sunday afternoon with he and I again at a Chilis talking about how time just flew by.

First off, the world’s biggest thank you goes out to those that made this possible. This includes Callaway Golf, Taylormade Golf and Reunion Resort. Without those 3 entities this vision could have never become the event it was. Both company sponsors did a fantastic job with equipment and apparel, as well as having a rep on site to talk to everyone and make sure that they were enjoying the experience. Callaway’s rep was Scott who was just a fantastic guy to hang around and talk with. He has a great vision for for the company and he knows that product itself top shelf. I didn’t get a chance to talk to Charlie(TM Rep) too much, but the few times we did talk it was informative. Another thank you goes out to TC who put in a lot of work trying to find a venue for this. Reunion was a nice place to play, the courses were in great shape and offered a fair challenge to everyone who played there. Coolbreeze and TheAnnihilator, you guys did more for this event than people may realize. I know JB and GolferGal have been singing your praises for a while now, but I too just want to say Thank You for all of your hard work, which does include smuggling 300+ feet of cat5 cable.

Tadashi, Spanks, Calebt, SethO, SW ~ you guys did a fantastic job and really worked your rear ends off. This event could not have been what it was without your help. Everyone really appreciated the fact that you came out and put in some long hours to help.

JB and GolferGal, what can I say. JB you had a vision for this a long time ago and I think it worked out fantastic. To be able to pull in 2 major golf OEMs not to mention 16 golfers with good personalities together to get this event started is an amazing job. I know this was your baby, and you deserve all of the credit in the world for this. GolferGal, you are a truly amazing person. When circumstances changed leading up to The Morgan Cup, you were there to do what needed to be done. Loading all of the content and keeping the site updated was not the most glorious job, but you did it with a smile. I consider myself very lucky to consider the two of you my friends. I only wish I could see you guys more than a couple of times a year.

I will have more on the matches and the other experiences that came along with this later. Since I’ve been out of the office for a week now, I have a lot to catch up on.

All I can say is wow! The recaps are awesome so far and I am so happy that all of you enjoyed yourselves and the competition. I wish I could have been there, but am glad I wasn't because my game is way sub par right now. Keep the recaps coming, they are really fun to read! And thanks to all of the THP staffers and other volunteers who made this one of a kind event happen. Just amazing!

The Morgan Cup Recap

Day 1- arrival round:

We (most of us) arrive to Grand Cypress, new staff bags in hand and getting looked at like tour pros. After we walked off the range we were asked if we were just company reps. After watching us swing I guess it was apparent we werent pro golfers. We alljust got in a last minute prep round....which I needed. I had a case of the S****S. It took me to the 8th hole to get rid of them and get my game going. Not to mention I was going on 2 hours of sleep. We all met at the townhouse for dinner and drinks and man this was an absolutely awesome time. This is where I really got to meet the guys I hadnt met before and get to know who they were. We made tons of videos(that will never make the forum). and shared tons of laughs. This honestly was a great start to the weekend.

Day2- Media Day:

This is where it all really kicked in, from having scripted clothing to a range full of staff bags. Scott, the Callaway media rep was awesome. You can tell he has a love for the company he works for and he was easy to talk to. He also made our interviews a little easier because he gave us points to hit on. I tried to not swing too many clubs so I would have energy for the 36 holes the next day. The expreience of doing promos and being filmed all day was new but you quickly got used to it. I was beside Tina, Dean, Esox, and Coolbreez and we all had a blast on the range. We were doing all sorts of small competitions. Then we headed over to the putting green where about 8 of us did a putting competition. All in all, it was a fun day of getting to know my team and my competition.

THP dinner- We went to THP HQ for the BBQ dinner and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!! That BBQ was to die for. Hell, CG13 liked the hot sauce so much that he filled his plate with sauce and drank it...haha. It was fun having some drinks and conversation with everyone. I tried to make my way around as much as possible to get to know people. Man, its tough when there are 25 or so people around and you want to talk to all of them.

Day 3- First day of TMC- 36 holes.

Me and P4B against TC and OEM Kevin....this round was awesome. It was up and down and back and forth the entire time. There were so many nice shots in this round it was crazy. As soon as you thought you would make a move, someone would stick a shot. We had tons of laughs (until the 15th green). I was rooting for everyone to hit quality shots, thats the type of golfer I am. We finished this match AS. P4B hit the best sliced PW to a par 3 I have ever seen. hahaha

2nd round- Ike and TIna against CG and AD- this was a fun match, it also may have been the longest round of golf I have EVER played. I am a fast golfer, so this was new to me, and man oh man did it start to show at the end of the round. This round started out VERY close, back and forth. Donne almost got nailed by a Belbs drive and it startled him for a few holes. I did everything I could to pick him up, I dont EVER wanna see someone hit a bad shot when I golf with them. Tina and myself turned up the heat a bit, we got it to Dormie 4 and AD hit the nicest pressure putt of the round. These guys clawed back and finally lost it on 18. I had totally fallen apart. Swinging the club felt like swinging a sledge hammer. I had a good time with CG, AD, and TIna. I would tee it up with them again anytime.

Final Day: singles

I was very excited for this match. Coolbreez and I are good buddies and had never teed it up together. It was everything I expected, we laughed the entire round. We praised good shots and laughed at the bad. I got up and stayed up most of the match but the breez fought hard and got himself back into it and we finished 18 AS.

This expreience was one I will never forget. I want to thank GG, JB, Callaway, TM, and Reunion for doing this. Reunion Resort was a perfect place for this. The course was in awesome shape, the staff was super friendly, and they just seemed to have EVERY aspect of the event in order on time.

I also want to thank the volunteers. I know that we have said that the participants are now a part of a fraternity for life but I look at the volunteers in this as well. They worked extremely hard...laying on the greens to get good shots, standing in the sun for hours on end, driving every yard of that course, you name it. THANK YOU!!!

JRod- I am going to miss your non eating, smart ass comment, lanky, mellow, alvaro quiros self. This guy was hilarious. he made a great attempt to take Tina's spot in my life. I will miss you!!

Cool- best roomate ever....minus Tina. We made bunkbeds, forts, and laughed every night til one of us passed out from being so tired. One hell of a guy

CG13- I know I give you a hard time on the course for being slow...cause you are. I would like to slap the teaching pro who taught you your routine. But, I want to say that you are one hell of a dude. I would tee it up with you anytime, I look at you as a true friend and I will be there for you anytime.

Jake- you are truly a hilarious dude. I had such a good round with you man. You gave me the opportunity to hit the driver off the deck 3 times. You say the funniest things and you make fun of yourself.

OEM- You are like a needy woman, but I love ya like a brother. I always enjoy spending time with you man. I love your love for golf and equipment. And your honesty cracks me up

DirtyDawg- I knew nothing about you before this, man...I wish I had known you before this. You are one hell of a good dude. I can see us being good buddies for life. You were always up with us, just taking things in abd enjoying your time. And I want your swing!!

Tha Belbs- I think saturday night it one of the best times we have had together. We sat and laughed at each other for 2 hours. you are one hell of a golfer and a great guy. You can laugh at yourself, which is a trait I like in people.

Biggsy- I was happy to finally get to hang out with you and just have some normal conversation. I think people were mislead to believe you were someone you are not. Your a great person and a good friend.

AD- definatley the quietest guy there. But one of the most sneaky humorous personalities. Just when you think he isnt gonna say anything he hits you with a joke from nowhere. I had a great round with you and that was one hell of a putt to stay alive.

AryDolphin- what a great dude. We didnt have all the time in the world to talk and catch up but from when I did I really enjoyed being around him. He is a very kind dude and clever. His family was awesome, they followed him on his rounds and not only cheered for him but his opponents as well. I will stay in touch and look forward to getting a round in together.

My man Esox- I was always around him on the range, we had a great time challenging each other. I also had some good talks with him. He is a funny dude, I hope to see him at an outing or sometime again in the near future. Oh, he is one hell of a golfer!!!! BTW.....watch out for crop dusting.

Deano- Deano was the first THPer I teed it up with at the first outing I went to. I have liked the guy ever since. He is as nice as it gets, he is always looking on the bright side, always smiling, and a sneaky good golfer.

TC- My brother and best friend. This guy is awesome. I have never heard him wish anything bad on someone. He is truly there for others. He puts himself second and everyone else first. He may be a cheap bastard, bt he is the best friend someone could ask for. It was an honor to tee it up with him in an event of a lifetime.

JB- this guy is ruthless and speaks his mind. Its a trait I like in him. He is a great golfer, his swing may not show it, but this guy is as consistant as it gets. He is a good person that puts up a tough guy front. I consider him a good friend for life.

Last but not least...TINA, aka Yoccos- This guy has over the last year and a half or so become a good buddy. He works hard on his game, and he treats everyone with respect. I found a friend for life!!

sorry for the long winded post, you all have no clue how cool this weekend really was. I made some decisons this weekend that I will remember for life. I remembered what the event was truly about and I walked away proud! Thanks for everyones support and hard work on this event!

One-T

Reactions: TC
Great stuff One-T; thanks for sharing your experience!

---
- Tappin' from my iPad!

The Morgan Cup Recap

Day 1- arrival round:

We (most of us) arrive to Grand Cypress, new staff bags in hand and getting looked at like tour pros. After we walked off the range we were asked if we were just company reps. After watching us swing I guess it was apparent we werent pro golfers. We alljust got in a last minute prep round....which I needed. I had a case of the S****S. It took me to the 8th hole to get rid of them and get my game going. Not to mention I was going on 2 hours of sleep. We all met at the townhouse for dinner and drinks and man this was an absolutely awesome time. This is where I really got to meet the guys I hadnt met before and get to know who they were. We made tons of videos(that will never make the forum). and shared tons of laughs. This honestly was a great start to the weekend.

Day2- Media Day:

This is where it all really kicked in, from having scripted clothing to a range full of staff bags. Scott, the Callaway media rep was awesome. You can tell he has a love for the company he works for and he was easy to talk to. He also made our interviews a little easier because he gave us points to hit on. I tried to not swing too many clubs so I would have energy for the 36 holes the next day. The expreience of doing promos and being filmed all day was new but you quickly got used to it. I was beside Tina, Dean, Esox, and Coolbreez and we all had a blast on the range. We were doing all sorts of small competitions. Then we headed over to the putting green where about 8 of us did a putting competition. All in all, it was a fun day of getting to know my team and my competition.

THP dinner- We went to THP HQ for the BBQ dinner and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!! That BBQ was to die for. Hell, CG13 liked the hot sauce so much that he filled his plate with sauce and drank it...haha. It was fun having some drinks and conversation with everyone. I tried to make my way around as much as possible to get to know people. Man, its tough when there are 25 or so people around and you want to talk to all of them.

Day 3- First day of TMC- 36 holes.

Me and P4B against TC and OEM Kevin....this round was awesome. It was up and down and back and forth the entire time. There were so many nice shots in this round it was crazy. As soon as you thought you would make a move, someone would stick a shot. We had tons of laughs (until the 15th green). I was rooting for everyone to hit quality shots, thats the type of golfer I am. We finished this match AS. P4B hit the best sliced PW to a par 3 I have ever seen. hahaha

2nd round- Ike and TIna against CG and AD- this was a fun match, it also may have been the longest round of golf I have EVER played. I am a fast golfer, so this was new to me, and man oh man did it start to show at the end of the round. This round started out VERY close, back and forth. Donne almost got nailed by a Belbs drive and it startled him for a few holes. I did everything I could to pick him up, I dont EVER wanna see someone hit a bad shot when I golf with them. Tina and myself turned up the heat a bit, we got it to Dormie 4 and AD hit the nicest pressure putt of the round. These guys clawed back and finally lost it on 18. I had totally fallen apart. Swinging the club felt like swinging a sledge hammer. I had a good time with CG, AD, and TIna. I would tee it up with them again anytime.

Final Day: singles

I was very excited for this match. Coolbreez and I are good buddies and had never teed it up together. It was everything I expected, we laughed the entire round. We praised good shots and laughed at the bad. I got up and stayed up most of the match but the breez fought hard and got himself back into it and we finished 18 AS.

This expreience was one I will never forget. I want to thank GG, JB, Callaway, TM, and Reunion for doing this. Reunion Resort was a perfect place for this. The course was in awesome shape, the staff was super friendly, and they just seemed to have EVERY aspect of the event in order on time.

I also want to thank the volunteers. I know that we have said that the participants are now a part of a fraternity for life but I look at the volunteers in this as well. They worked extremely hard...laying on the greens to get good shots, standing in the sun for hours on end, driving every yard of that course, you name it. THANK YOU!!!

JRod- I am going to miss your non eating, smart ass comment, lanky, mellow, alvaro quiros self. This guy was hilarious. he made a great attempt to take Tina's spot in my life. I will miss you!!

Cool- best roomate ever....minus Tina. We made bunkbeds, forts, and laughed every night til one of us passed out from being so tired. One hell of a guy

CG13- I know I give you a hard time on the course for being slow...cause you are. I would like to slap the teaching pro who taught you your routine. But, I want to say that you are one hell of a dude. I would tee it up with you anytime, I look at you as a true friend and I will be there for you anytime.

Jake- you are truly a hilarious dude. I had such a good round with you man. You gave me the opportunity to hit the driver off the deck 3 times. You say the funniest things and you make fun of yourself.

OEM- You are like a needy woman, but I love ya like a brother. I always enjoy spending time with you man. I love your love for golf and equipment. And your honesty cracks me up

DirtyDawg- I knew nothing about you before this, man...I wish I had known you before this. You are one hell of a good dude. I can see us being good buddies for life. You were always up with us, just taking things in abd enjoying your time. And I want your swing!!

Tha Belbs- I think saturday night it one of the best times we have had together. We sat and laughed at each other for 2 hours. you are one hell of a golfer and a great guy. You can laugh at yourself, which is a trait I like in people.

Biggsy- I was happy to finally get to hang out with you and just have some normal conversation. I think people were mislead to believe you were someone you are not. Your a great person and a good friend.

AD- definatley the quietest guy there. But one of the most sneaky humorous personalities. Just when you think he isnt gonna say anything he hits you with a joke from nowhere. I had a great round with you and that was one hell of a putt to stay alive.

AryDolphin- what a great dude. We didnt have all the time in the world to talk and catch up but from when I did I really enjoyed being around him. He is a very kind dude and clever. His family was awesome, they followed him on his rounds and not only cheered for him but his opponents as well. I will stay in touch and look forward to getting a round in together.

My man Esox- I was always around him on the range, we had a great time challenging each other. I also had some good talks with him. He is a funny dude, I hope to see him at an outing or sometime again in the near future. Oh, he is one hell of a golfer!!!! BTW.....watch out for crop dusting.

Deano- Deano was the first THPer I teed it up with at the first outing I went to. I have liked the guy ever since. He is as nice as it gets, he is always looking on the bright side, always smiling, and a sneaky good golfer.

TC- My brother and best friend. This guy is awesome. I have never heard him wish anything bad on someone. He is truly there for others. He puts himself second and everyone else first. He may be a cheap bastard, bt he is the best friend someone could ask for. It was an honor to tee it up with him in an event of a lifetime.

JB- this guy is ruthless and speaks his mind. Its a trait I like in him. He is a great golfer, his swing may not show it, but this guy is as consistant as it gets. He is a good person that puts up a tough guy front. I consider him a good friend for life.

Last but not least...TINA, aka Yoccos- This guy has over the last year and a half or so become a good buddy. He works hard on his game, and he treats everyone with respect. I found a friend for life!!

sorry for the long winded post, you all have no clue how cool this weekend really was. I made some decisons this weekend that I will remember for life. I remembered what the event was truly about and I walked away proud! Thanks for everyones support and hard work on this event!

One-T

Amazing post man, you put it all perfectly. PS I had steak and eggs this morning it was amazing. You would have been proud of me.

Amazing post man, you put it all perfectly. PS I had steak and eggs this morning it was amazing. You would have been proud of me.

I would have buddy! I had a case of the JRods last night

Great post ddec and One-T. Had a blast partying and playing golf with you dudes.

Awesome posts guys, I've sat here reading and just reveling in amazement at all of it during my plan period. This is such an amazing experience for you and and us too, way too neat to hear it in you guys own words.

JRod- Guy says whats on his mind in the funniest way possible. Loved playing two rounds with him and cannot wait to see him again. Just a pleasure to be around. Other than his sports teams selections, he is really smart too.

Cool- Im not sure what else to say about the Breeze. He is that freaking cool.

CG13- He has not yet finished his last round of the Morgan Cup actually. CG13 is one heck of a guy. Puts a little too much pressure on himself, but a great guy to be around.

Jake- Hysterical man from the time we teed off till the time we finished. One of my favorite people to be around. His name is now a verb (jake straight) and he is just an amazing person.

OEM- I will always treasure my rounds with OEM. The dude can read a putt better than anyone I have played with. Saved us a few times. Great guy and always making me laugh. His cell phone is so big, Zack Morris is jealous.

DirtyDawg- Sweetest swing I have seen in a long time. I have dreams about that swing and wake up with the same lawn chair next to me. Looking forward to seeing him again at the outing.

Tha Belbs- Only a guy as huge as The Belbs could make a slider look like a quarter pounder. Just fun to be around and his accent is funny.

Biggsy- My long time friend was amazing at this event. While we teased of Mr. Intensity, the real man was the guy helping every person out there this weekend. He even did a shot of celebratory ranch at the restaurant.

AD- Every time I see Donne, he makes me laugh. Great sense of humor. If you shake his hand, it dawns on you that he does not have human hands but catcher's mits. He has dry humor that I just love.

AryDolphin- The man that passed up the 1st MC tee shot...hehe. Getting to know TW, I mean Amol was a pleasure. His entire family was great. He played great golf down there and I look forward to the day when I can tee it up with him.

Esox- Im still upset he made a 40 foot downhill putt on me to save a hole. I might never forgive him. This event in some ways changed his life and watching his transformation has rubbed off on me and makes me strive to be a better person.

DDec - Took the first swing and closed the final door. For the first time ever, he can root for himself on his own bandwagon...hehe

TC- The straw. He really does stir the drink....Preferably yours as he eats your food too. I love the guy like a brother and he was amazing out there. "Hey Tim, when are you flying me to CA"...I will never forget that.

One-T- Not sure what to say about this guy. He creeps me out a lot because his pants were unbuttoned every time I saw him. He is family at this point and every family has "that guy". On a serious note, he is one of the guys that "got it" from the very beginning. I love him for that.

Yoccos - No matter what is going on around you, Yoccos can cheer you up. It was pretty clear I did not want to play on Saturday and I was thinking about coverage, and filming and my mind was everywhere. Two minutes with marcawesome and Im smiling and laughing. Chili's named a dish after him.

Lastly we just heard CG13 made the turn. :alien:

Round recaps

Day 1 - Played a round with JB at Grand Cypress. It was fantastic. I have never teed it up with JB before so I was a little nervous about that. However, once I hit my first shot it was like playing with an old friend. We talked about pretty much everything from golf to camping(which he really wants to do). He didn’t play any mind tricks with me until the 17th tee and that is when I lost it. We both shot 81 that day, but really scores didn’t matter. I loved golfing and hanging out with him and hope to do it again. We also chowed down on some Five Guys Burgers and Chick-Fil-A milkshakes. Already a great start to an amazing week.

Day 2 - I was in the group that played Grand Cypress. Seeing everyone on the range was great. We had out staff bags out there so we looked awesome. Too bad there were some 12 year olds that would have dominated us out there. Teed it up with One-T, Yoccos and Biggsy. I consider those 4 guys really close friends. We did a match play scramble and One-T and I stumbled out of the gates losing the first 4 holes. We did get it together for an epic comeback, however just like the day before, the story of this round was the fun and banter we had with each other.

At night CG13 was going to cook for everyone on the grill. Mother nature had different plans and she flooded both pools and patio areas. That didn’t stop this dude, he went inside and made a 100 degree house even hotter by using the oven and stove top to get everything done. He worked his a$$ off and everyone appreciated it. The burgers and brats were fantastic - for those who ate them(Jrod hehe).

Day 3 - Everyone woke up not knowing what to expect. The Callaway apparel rocked in the hot weather. Being on live camera was interesting, but I think we all warmed up to it after a while. There seemed to be a race on the range to see who would hit more golf balls. I think Arydolphin and CG13 tied for that crown. I don’t know how they did it, but only Chunkylover would be able to fight them in a range day. Doing the Callaway promos were fun. Tadashi ran the camera all day. He is one of the nicest dudes out there. Scott, the Callaway rep was great with us. He was just as excited as we all were.

Day 4 - No sleep because I was nervous as could be. When we got to the range “it became real.” We all made it to the first tee and I had the honor of hitting the very first tee shot in the inaugural Morgan Cup. Believe me, it does not get any cooler than that. It also doesn’t get any more nerve-wracking. I know I was not the only person to step up with the swing thought of “just don’t miss the ball.” Fortunately I hit a great ball and we were off. Played with Arydolphin as my partner as we played against CG13 and Coolbreeze. I would play with these 4 any day of the week. It was a back and forth match that saw both teams squander 2 up leads. Ary and I warmed up at the right time and were able to sneak out with a 3 and 2 victory. Ary had his entire family there watching and CG had his sister, her b/f, and his girlfriend there. It was cool playing in front of a crowd.

PM Round - Teamed up with Esox to face The Wow Factor(Jaha, JD, or JB) and OEM Kevin. OEM is a good friend of mine and we have teed it up before. After sitting through a 20 minute rain delay our match got going. Esox is one of the most consistent wedge players I have ever seen. He hits a great little knock down shot that I really need to learn. I won’t lie, he carried me for majority of this match. I did hit my highlight shot on the final hole of this one, I was in a fairway bunker 135 from the green which was slightly elevated. SethO was there to record and JB parked his cart right next to me just to add a little more pressure. The last thing I heard was someone(who will remain nameless) saying “You know Dean there are a lot of other bunkers up that way.” Well low and behold I stepped in with a 9 iron and hit a night high ball with a slight draw that hit about 10 feet behind the hole. It was my best shot of the tournament.

That night we sat around, drank some beverages. Puttin4fbombs was in the pool with me as we tried to each get on a raft. As soon as he got on it popped, some real funny stuff. I was on my raft for about 30 minutes until that popped and I played finish my drink before I sink (I almost lost). I thought I would be going to bed early every night because the pace of the week was grueling, but instead I was up until everybody called it quits. Those times were great and if you ever make it to an outing you will experience them. Those are the memories you really walk away with.

Day 5 - Singles - was paired with ADwillingham. He nicely conceded the match on the 1st tee so that we could go out and have fun and we sure did. Donne is a quiet guy, but has the best dry humor in the world. We both hit some great shots, and some horribly ugly ones. Though our match ended on 15 we played 16,17,18 because we enjoyed each others company. It was a great time and I hope to see him next May.

Sunday night was tough. We went and played mini golf and made some videos. It was fun but by the 2nd 18 holes we were all exhausted. Mrs DirtyDawg is the best mini golf partner ever! By time we got home the mood became pretty somber. We all realized this was it, it was all over. It was strange, we kind of sat there staring at each other wanting the weekend to last just a little longer. It was an early night, around midnight we all crashed.

Day 6 - Monday morning Jake, The Belbs, and I woke up and headed to the airport around 7:45. Said all of our goodbyes, there were a lot of bro hugs going around. That’s how you can tell how great of a trip it was. Not because of if you played good golf, but when you are really sad to say goodbye to everyone that you hung out with for the past 4 days, that’s the mark of a great time.

Well, I've safely made it home, I got to spend some time with my kid and the wifey and while I will have a much larger write up tomorrow, I wanted to share this video I made on the way home. Please excuse the camera angle, as it was the safest way for me to tape and drive.

I can't say thank you enough to JB and GG and to all the volunteers and especially to Callaway Golf and Taylormade for participating. This was a weekend that I'll never forget. I also want to thank all of the THP forum members who laughed at our videos, who chose side, who made funny bets, and for tuning in to watch some average joe's hit golf balls for a while.

Fantastic video buddy. Could not have said it any better.

Thanks for all of the wonderful recaps of this wonderful event. You were all very priveleged to have been able to partake in such a wonderful experience. All of the coverage and videos are great-as well as are the recaps.

For those who weren't in attendance...we definitely feel like we there with you all.

Arydolphin, great post buddy.

That match was incredible, all I wanted was to stay competitive and take it to the end; in the end I put myself into some poor spots and you capitalized when you needed too, and the better golfer won.

I had an awesome time that morning, the feeling of competition, fighting back from 1 down what seemed like every 3 holes... Taking the lead, only to lose it and back to all AS one hole later, it was unbelievable.

Love to tee it up with you anytime

Arydolphin, great post buddy.

That match was incredible, all I wanted was to stay competitive and take it to the end; in the end I put myself into some poor spots and you capitalized when you needed too, and the better golfer won.

I had an awesome time that morning, the feeling of competition, fighting back from 1 down what seemed like every 3 holes... Taking the lead, only to lose it and back to all AS one hole later, it was unbelievable.

Love to tee it up with you anytime

CG, I feel the exact same way. We had a great match, and it was crazy how much both of us had to fight back after getting down in the match, and then also deal with the other guy making a comeback after one of us had the lead! I'll tee it up with you anytime, your game is just going to keep getting better with the work that you put into it.

JRod- Guy says whats on his mind in the funniest way possible. Loved playing two rounds with him and cannot wait to see him again. Just a pleasure to be around. Other than his sports teams selections, he is really smart too.

Cool- Im not sure what else to say about the Breeze. He is that freaking cool.

CG13- He has not yet finished his last round of the Morgan Cup actually. CG13 is one heck of a guy. Puts a little too much pressure on himself, but a great guy to be around.

Jake- Hysterical man from the time we teed off till the time we finished. One of my favorite people to be around. His name is now a verb (jake straight) and he is just an amazing person.

OEM- I will always treasure my rounds with OEM. The dude can read a putt better than anyone I have played with. Saved us a few times. Great guy and always making me laugh. His cell phone is so big, Zack Morris is jealous.

DirtyDawg- Sweetest swing I have seen in a long time. I have dreams about that swing and wake up with the same lawn chair next to me. Looking forward to seeing him again at the outing.

Tha Belbs- Only a guy as huge as The Belbs could make a slider look like a quarter pounder. Just fun to be around and his accent is funny.

Biggsy- My long time friend was amazing at this event. While we teased of Mr. Intensity, the real man was the guy helping every person out there this weekend. He even did a shot of celebratory ranch at the restaurant.

AD- Every time I see Donne, he makes me laugh. Great sense of humor. If you shake his hand, it dawns on you that he does not have human hands but catcher's mits. He has dry humor that I just love.

AryDolphin- The man that passed up the 1st MC tee shot...hehe. Getting to know TW, I mean Amol was a pleasure. His entire family was great. He played great golf down there and I look forward to the day when I can tee it up with him.

Esox- Im still upset he made a 40 foot downhill putt on me to save a hole. I might never forgive him. This event in some ways changed his life and watching his transformation has rubbed off on me and makes me strive to be a better person.

DDec - Took the first swing and closed the final door. For the first time ever, he can root for himself on his own bandwagon...hehe

TC- The straw. He really does stir the drink....Preferably yours as he eats your food too. I love the guy like a brother and he was amazing out there. "Hey Tim, when are you flying me to CA"...I will never forget that.

One-T- Not sure what to say about this guy. He creeps me out a lot because his pants were unbuttoned every time I saw him. He is family at this point and every family has "that guy". On a serious note, he is one of the guys that "got it" from the very beginning. I love him for that.

Yoccos - No matter what is going on around you, Yoccos can cheer you up. It was pretty clear I did not want to play on Saturday and I was thinking about coverage, and filming and my mind was everywhere. Two minutes with marcawesome and Im smiling and laughing. Chili's named a dish after him.

Lastly we just heard CG13 made the turn. :alien:

Thanks boss, means a lot even if you are still waiting for me to hit.

I took my time, enjoyed every second i could, and tried to play the game we all love so much.

It is deinately a weekend i will never forget and probably will never be able to top.

P.s. After watching the videos in the airport, and seeing my swing and pre shot, I realize it must be hard for everyone, I just have 1000 things going through my head so I try and quiet them before address.

I promise to work on that before the next outing, and will unveil the new CG in may! Hahah

Where to start on this recap? This event has been building up for me for months. It was an idea then quickly it became a reality. Once Captains were announced and teams made, the thread had it's highs and lows but in the end, it's b/c we were all ready to experience something truly unique. My MC adventure began on Wednesday and I didn't sleep until Friday. I don't know if it was excitement of the 5 hour energy drinks but I didn't care. I was running on little sleep and all I could think about was getting my staff bag set up and seeing all of my friends on the range at Grand Cypress!

We were all giddy out there, and it was like we were never apart. It's amazing how that works. But I guess that's the case with folks you can truly call your friends. It was nice to show JRod how to actually hit the Razr Hawk fairway woods and it was really nice when I showed Jake how a real Jake straight ball should be. Kmac and I played a little match play appetizer against cg13 and dirtydawg at Grand Cypress and those two worked us over. It was a fun round and we all found out what Kmac's obsession with Arnold Palmer's is all about. Those damn things were refreshing.

Thursday Night

We all met up in our townhouses, as they were next door to each other, for a big meet n' greet and a cookout. CG13 has been posting pictures of the food he cooks for months so there was no way I was not going to have him cook something for us. The dude can bring it in that arena and he braved some nasty conditions to get us all fed. I also have to thank dirtydawg's wife, Kristen, as she helped CG out a ton. Our a/c unit wasn't working and they had to cook inside due to the weather, then throw 15 slightly party'ing dudes in the mix and you can imagine the conditions we had to eat in. It was the perfect precursor to the weekend and I wouldn't change a thing. We made some great videos too but somehow, I doubt they ever show up on THP :)

Friday - Media Day

Wow! That is all.

Just kidding, but not really. This was the day I was most nervous about. I mean, live stream video, actual tour reps from Callaway and Taylormade, we had to cut commercials and promos, we had to look like we knew how to hit golf balls. It rocked. We all looked fantastic, even the TMaG guys in their salmon "moisture wicking" shirts and orange shoes. Meeting the gentleman from Callaway was a blast. He is so passionate about what he does that it was infectious. I wanted to be him! He is excited about the direction in which Callaway is heading and I am taking it personally to help them. They stepped up to the plate in this event and I'll never ever forget that.

Scott Walker from the Golf Channel caught wind of the event so he decided to pop by and check everything out. He was impressed and decided to offer his services to us average Joe's when it came to cutting a commercial. He was very friendly, he was interested in every single person and his advice was great! He can also kill a golf ball!

My favorite part of the media day was the live webcam. A huge thanks to the Ben's 2.0 for all their hardwork. I loved getting text messages from the wifey telling me to untuck my shirt or to stop hogging the camera. This aspect alone made me realize just how huge this is. My entire family is watching me talk about golf clubs! This is the life.

Saturday AM Match

This is the match I was least looking forward to. It was toughing drawing my brother and Jake but I looked forward to it. What a great group of guys. That first tee shot was nerve racking. I'm glad I hit the ball forward. Kmac is one of my best friends on the planet so to be able to do work with him was great. This match was freaking tight and like dating a girl. It was so up and down and it gave me some serious nervousness. It was all fun n games until the 15th hole and that's when Kmac and I realized, "these two want to smash us". We did what any Callaway staffer would do, and that's respond. Back to back birdies on 15 and 16 and the match was all square. I was so nervous on 17 that I hit the ball off the tee to far. In the end, the match was halved and I wouldn't want a different result. Team Hackers was down at that point but it didn't matter, I was sharing this experience with my brother and two of my best mates.

Some highlights of that round was watching Jake banana a wedge and almost jar it for a hole in one! No joke. Kmac's driver display, once he found that rhythm the guy was automatic. One-t's stretch of approach shots from 8 - 11 that never left the flag stick! Those guys played really good golf and it was fun to be a part of.

Saturday PM Match

This match was dirtydawg and I vs the belbs and hairy dolphin. This match was far closer than the end result, and I think those guys would say the same. There was simply some beautiful golf played from holes 3 - 14. The belbs found his putter stroke and I believe he dropped 3 birdie putts right in after I dropped 3 birdie putts. He just never really let us get back in the match. I will say this though, the dolphin MD made 2 of the biggest clutch putts I've ever witnessed. In my opinion, those two putts are what locked this win down for those guys. Belbs drove the ball beautifully off the tee. He hit the ball so pure and so hard that it was almost deflating. Let's just say that when a guy hits driver then a gap wedge on a par 5, you know you have your work cut out for you.

Hairy's family followed our match up for the entire time and they were great folks. They cheered for both teams and always made a nice roar for good golf shots. They were very polite and it was great to see how proud the were of him when they closed us out on 15.

I would tee it up with dirtydawg any day of the week. The guy has a beautiful golf swing and never gets rattled. I wish I had a snickers bar for you dude, I really do! In the end, I found 3 guys that I would play golf with any day of the week and that's the most important thing.

Sunday Singles

The marquee match up, Captain vs Captain! This was the last group to play in the first ever Morgan Cup. Biggsy and I wouldn't have it any other way. We both started out slow, unfortunately, he started out a bit slower than me. I jumped out early but biggsy fought back hard.

My brother aside, I've probably played more golf with biggsy than any other THP'er. I enjoy it every single time too. He'd be a regular golf buddy if he didn't live so damn far away. We got into a nice rhythm after the first couple of holes and actually started to play some dang good golf. His short game is so much more improved that I can no longer make fun of him about it, hahaha.

For us to finish our match all square was just perfect. He never quits and he's always the first guy to root you on or to help lift your spirits. That's what is the definition of a good man!

Biggsy, congrats again on your victory! You earned it pal.

For the rest of the guys, what a great weekend. I shared tons of laughs and tons of conversations. We are part of a special fraternity and I'll never forget any of it! I like my brother's idea of personal breakdowns so I'm going to do the same:

Biggsy - you are definitely not captain intensity. You were the perfect person to Captain a squad and the perfect person to be a Taylormade staffer. You were professional and handled yourself wonderfully. I had a hell of a good time and I owe you a grape slushy

Jake - my brother from a fargo mother! I hated you for a night but loved you the next morning. That's what we do. Your almost hole in one and your reaction was gold! I still don't know how you did it but you did. You impress me.

The belbs - Your driver pisses me off, but dude, you are the friendliest dude on the planet. You played great golf and your putter was hot, which sucked for me. Keep working on moving to the South bro, I'd love to see you more often.

Esox - My lefty elder statesman. I hope I can play golf like you at that age. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you sooner than later. I also hope we can tee it up together sometime. Your insight and perspective on things is something I enjoy.

One-T - Golf has probably brought us closer together as brothers and friends. Thanks for riding down there with me bro, I will always remember this trip and I'm very proud of how you played golf over the weekend. I'm always rooting for you and I always have your back.

the dolphin - I had a blast tee'ing it up with you and despite your Duke-dom, I quite liked you. You have an infectious smile, a great family and a killer sense of humor. I'm glad I had the opportunity to spend some time with you and that tee shot was incredible, hehe.

yoccos - my tmex! Dude, I'm proud of you, you played great and you do it with a smile on your face. You are literally a new brain away from consistently breaking 83-85. Remember to channel your inner Lee Westwood bro!

ddec - Thank you for sharing Jenn with me! She's fantastic and a good sport. Nah, you're one of my favorite dudes. I love how much you love golf, and stats and google. We always have a blast and that's the best part.

adwillingham - The nicest guy in the event. Donne is always positive and always keeps things in perspective for me. Watching you battle back Saturday afternoon was awesome! You never quit and I'm extremely proud to have had you on my squad

cg13 - cannonball dookie! ahahahaha, dude, you rock. You never quit, ever, at anything. You're in a constant state of motion but it's positive and you always have a smile on your face. You played great golf and deserved some points but don't forget the ass kicking you put on me and OEM.

the breeze - my lefty Canadian brutha! You are too relaxed and too cool man. I love your laugh, I love your attitude and I love your late night hair do's. You're the youngest golfer in the bunch and don't play like it. Keep it up bro!

JRod - the silent ninja. It was great meeting you and you my friend, can kill a golf ball. It's awesome to watch but you need a DART! ha! I love our conversations and I only wish we could've spent some more time eating together.

dirtydawg - probably the biggest surprise of the weekend for me. I loved this dude. He has a gorgeous swing, and big old smile and he never, ever gets down. He may get hungry and thirsty but never down. I enjoyed our round and would do it over and over again.

OEM - my OG! My homeboy, my Tina. Hahaha, Kevin and I are buds. We fought our ass off in the Saturday am match and you played some splendid golf. I also want your ipad, so when you OEM a new one, can I have yours?

JB - the effin' wow factor! Nah, JB's just the man. He's funny, and quick witted and I always enjoy our time together. It never lasts long enough but I want to say thank you for everything bro. For listening, for advice, for dinner, for this possibility. You put a lot of your faith into people and sometimes you get burned but you continue to do so, that says a lot about you!

Finally, thanks to Callaway and Taylormade. You guys made this what it is. You guys blew us all away with everything. Every detail was covered. Can we do it again next weekend?

Well said JB. You coined everyone perfectly.

Back