Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MC seems very cool. Golfer's real dream to have a tour contract. How were you able to hold off last year? If this thing were my baby I would always be a captain.

The MC seems very cool. Golfer's real dream to have a tour contract. How were you able to hold off last year? If this thing were my baby I would always be a captain.

Because the event is about the people of THP. Not living my dream. I would not have done it this year either, but when the next announcement is made, it will make more sense why I did.

I would not have done it this year either, but when the next announcement is made, it will make more sense why I did.

So much pondering! There are so many reasons! I'm incredibly excited for this!

Looks like the S*^T just got Real! Gosh. I think we need a thread started that says' "What happened while I was out to lunch"! Things are moving Quick.!

Because the event is about the people of THP. Not living my dream. I would not have done it this year either, but when the next announcement is made, it will make more sense why I did.

Another tease. Now I am on edge about that announcement.

I'd definitely throw my name in the bunch when things get going! Anyone of these Captains would be an honor playing for!

Definitely not questioning your motive...more saying well done sir

Another fine choice for a captain!

JB you have shown time and time again that this website is not about you. I don't think there is a single member here who thinks "man this guy is so selfish by becoming a captain." There is no one more deserving than you for this honor

My guess for the next announcement, is that Team JB will be THP staff/forum leaders, which would make sense for JB to be the Captain. Just a guess. THP members vs THP staff. I think that would be pretty cool.

JB it is great to see you on board from the beginning as captain! I am excited to hear the announcement! Could it be a Team THP!!! That would be awesome!

I think the next annoucment will fry what little gray matter I have left....These just keep getting better and better....

I think the next annoucment will fry what little gray matter I have left....These just keep getting better and better....

haha that's a good way of putting it

JB it is great to see you on board from the beginning as captain! I am excited to hear the announcement! Could it be a Team THP!!! That would be awesome!

Did you read my post in the 2.0 thread? LOL. I guessed that Team JB would be THP staff/forum members. That would be awesome indeed.

We all know that it's never about you JB....it's always about the website and the members.
You are the perfect choice for the 3rd captain.

My guess for the next announcement, is that Team JB will be THP staff/forum leaders, which would make sense for JB to be the Captain. Just a guess. THP members vs THP staff. I think that would be pretty cool.

I was thinking that as well, but that's what the Outing and Demo Day format is. So, with that style already being used, MC 2.0 is even more intriguing.

Will fry my brain if nothing else! All these announcements have my head spinning and I am more excited for TMC 2.0 than any other weekend of my life, and I don't even know if I am a part of it yet lol. Such an awesome event.

The 3 Teams of the 2nd Morgan Cup

The 3 Teams of the 2nd Morgan Cup

In the first ever Morgan Cup this year, everybody got to see an incredible contest between Team Hackers and Team Paradise. When THP set out to put on the ultimate amateur golf event, we thought two teams going head to head in a weekend of golf had a nice ring to it. As the Morgan Cup came to a close, and the feedback from our wonderful readers came in, it was apparent THP should do it again.

Well, when we set out to do something again, we always want to raise the bar from the previous level set and to do that we brought in 3 wonderful companies in Bridgestone, Callaway and Cleveland Golf/Srixon and changed the format to grow from 16 players to 24. What is better than two teams going at it? 3 teams going at it of course.

Team Hackers - Led by forum member Chunkylover77
Team Paradise - Led by forum member Ddec
And introducing Team THP - Led by JB

The folks behind this site (not myself and GolferGal) really make this place what it is. We have a list of guys that work on these forums and home page and that we are proud to call our staff. These guys write articles, moderate the forum, make the forum run properly, bring you every thing that you see here each and every day and do it for the love of this place. Now it is time that myself and GolferGal pay them back (with a gift that of course costs them money). At least in principle.

Team THP is made up of the great folks that work tirelessly to make this place the best place on the net and work every single day to accomplish that goal.

Coolbreeze
Puttin4Bird
Hawk
Hanks
TC
Smallville
Yoccos

If one of these individuals is not able to make it due to timing, cost or handicap requirement, a replacement will be found

These 7 individuals are partnering with me to make up Team THP. The guys that work their butts off each and every day to bring you all the latest golf news and make this forum the place that it is.

This team will compete against Team Hackers and Team Paradise for the Cup in the ULTIMATE AMATEUR GOLF EVENT!

Awesome JB! The 3 captains selected are 3 people who have helped me tremendously here. They will make 3 very good teams

This is an awesome way to do it, and I for one am glad to see all the staff members get to participate.

Congrats and well deserved chunky!!! I know you will do a great job.

By the way I am leaving my team Hackers banner up!!

Last edited:
Congrats Guys! Well deserved.

Sounds like that is a great idea. Congrats guys.

Now that's a nice "fringe" benefit...(awful pun)

Congratulations guys and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back