Cleveland Black Driver Video Preview

Thank you for the update. I noticed you didn't mention having any issues with the light weight of the shaft holding up, that is very good news. Those distance gains are just obscene though, now I want to hit it repeatedly.

Great initial impressions JB. Did the other guys that were hitting it have any directional issues on the mishits like the two that you described on the swing path issue?

Would be interesting to see you on the LM with this and see how much you are picking up in your swing speed compared to the RH. I am assuming that is where most of the additional distance is coming from.

None. They did not try it on the course, but on the range, did not have any struggles really.

nice initial thoughts. All I can say is Wow! Sounds like this thing is really long.

Incedible JB! Ièm mighty impressed. Very good results so far! I canèt wait to here more!

Wow Josh, I'm actually quite a bit stunned with this one. That's a lot longer for sure and I'd be really curious how this holds up long term for you. Is the weight something you could change? I'm hoping as you continue with this you see the same because it would definitely be a driver I'd like to look at.

Awesome write up Josh! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

John Deere Tappin...

10-15 yards is a massive gain. You must be getting an additional 4-7 mph in clubhead speed or something. Get that thing on the Vector.

I'm seriously interested in this. I think it could be a game changer for somebody that doesn't hit the ball long off the tee. I want to see some LM numbers too.

That sounds awesome JB. How is the feel compared to the Razr Hawk? Similar?

Impressive first test run. Look forward to more info.

Wow Josh, I'm actually quite a bit stunned with this one. That's a lot longer for sure and I'd be really curious how this holds up long term for you. Is the weight something you could change? I'm hoping as you continue with this you see the same because it would definitely be a driver I'd like to look at.

I suppose you could, but not sure I will.

10-15 yards is a massive gain. You must be getting an additional 4-7 mph in clubhead speed or something. Get that thing on the Vector.

We will find out for sure on the launch monitor this week. But that is my guess as well.

wow, 289 carry, that is insane

Awesome initial thoughts JB. I am shocked you are getting such a distance gain, but I wonder if you cut down the shaft or add some weight if the distance lost will be diminished?

I am looking forward to more reviews because this driver is just mean-looking!

Interesting. There is another driver out right now, that you and I have briefly discussed. I think I know the answer, but how does it compare to this Cleveland?

Those are some impressive numbers JB. Control and distance is always a great combinaton. Glad to hear that the shaft didn't just hit moon balls

Good info, JB. Glad to hear you had success with it on your first time out with it. Interested to see how the forgiveness on off center hits works out.

I'm seriously interested in this. I think it could be a game changer for somebody that doesn't hit the ball long off the tee. I want to see some LM numbers too.

I am not long off the tee by any means, and usually have to slow my swing down to prevent a slice. The weighting of this club is very intriguing to me. Look forward to getting the chance to hit it.

wow, 289 carry, that is insane

I have never seen distance like it and not sure if I will again, but that was probably the longest drive I have ever hit.

Awesome initial thoughts JB. I am shocked you are getting such a distance gain, but I wonder if you cut down the shaft or add some weight if the distance lost will be diminished?

I am looking forward to more reviews because this driver is just mean-looking!

I have thought about this a lot since the round and it will take me quite a few more rounds to figure it out I think.

Interesting. There is another driver out right now, that you and I have briefly discussed. I think I know the answer, but how does it compare to this Cleveland?

I like the other driver, but dont care for the shaft as much as this one. And I dont believe its as light.

Good info, JB. Glad to hear you had success with it on your first time out with it. Interested to see how the forgiveness on off center hits works out.

I am not long off the tee by any means, and usually have to slow my swing down to prevent a slice. The weighting of this club is very intriguing to me. Look forward to getting the chance to hit it.

Im really looking forward to your thoughts on it come Wednesday.

JB how does this driver sound?

I like the other driver, but dont care for the shaft as much as this one. And I dont believe its as light.

The Miyazaki is a pretty fantastic stock shaft. The other driver's shaft is no slouch though.

You mentioned that the weight might be a problem. You believe that the Black could be TOO light of a driver?

GReat first update JB, this driver really has me pondering due to my love of the SL 290.

Is this the driver that isnt available in X-flex? This thing is so sexy. I would love to see it with the face opened up just a tad.

JB how does this driver sound?

Its a little more high pitched than the past Cleveland drivers. Slightly louder, but not near the levels of unbearable.

The Miyazaki is a pretty fantastic stock shaft. The other driver's shaft is no slouch though.

You mentioned that the weight might be a problem. You believe that the Black could be TOO light of a driver?

I dont believe there is such a thing if it works for ones swing. Just like I dont believe there is such a thing as too heavy if it works. Based on what I saw today, obviously not. I hit a ton of fairways, shot better than my handicap and had a distance gain.

Those 3 things together rarely happen in my testing.

Well tickle me excited. I know from conversations in the past that JB you weren't so sure if this driver would be a good fit for you. Now it looks like it is. It also helps that it's a bad looking mother effer! These need to hit shelves pronto!

Im sure this has been mentioned but is there a release date yet? It may not be the right driver for me but I sure want to touch one and take the awesome headcover off once.

The headcover is awesome. THe sole of the club is what looks awesome. Like a ninja, lurking in the dark, with his light weight samurai sword!

Back