Morgan Cup Entry Videos - What Do I Need To Know?

Go with your gut, matty.

My promo video is all set, and I should get it filmed Monday. The other video I am struggling with a little bit.

Now I'm second guessing my videos. Ugh. Don't think they are good enough.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Matty - agree with others man. Just trust yourself. I highly doubt that many of the applicants are going to feel great about their chance of being selected, just the nature of the beast. We all want to make it badly and continue to question if what we are doing will make the cut. Personally, I have come to the realization that what I have is it...roll the dice and let everything fall where it may!

True. And if I don't get selected, MB is close enough that I can go to help out

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Whewww....promo video is officially edited and done! I have to admit the concept/thought process that I had in mind came completely together in the final cut. I actually realized last night that I forgot one line that I wanted to say and messed up another at the end (left out a very key word) but when it came down to it, when I edited down all the clips to the "must-have" footage I was at 29.5 seconds.

My gosh....does 30 seconds fly by quickly!

Good Stuff cookie, can't wait to see it.

This has the feel of the mother of all homework assignments that your final grade depends on. Pass or Fail? It's up to you.

This has the feel of the mother of all homework assignments that your final grade depends on. Pass or Fail? It's up to you.

If you only knew dude. You have no idea how nerve racking this is.

Good luck everyone. I can name a few people around here that deserve to go, just hope they kill their submission, regardless of who is chosen I can't wait to support this thing. Going to be a longgggggg wait for July for these lucky few!

In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't be more nerve racking than other things you have to deal with. Keep reminding yourself that and it helps put down some of those nerves. You'll still have a little anxiety and pressure, but it'll help you keep them in perspective.

Sounds like a prerequisite happy hour of 4-5 beers is needed before anyone should think about doing any filming.

In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't be more nerve racking than other things you have to deal with. Keep reminding yourself that and it helps put down some of those nerves. You'll still have a little anxiety and pressure, but it'll help you keep them in perspective.

Maybe nerve racking was not the right choice of words, but there is a certain amount of anxiety involved since this is something I really would like to experience. Not saying that there won't be other opportunities going forward, but there are no guarantees, so there is a little pressure to come up with something good.

Sounds like a prerequisite happy hour of 4-5 beers is needed before anyone should think about doing any filming.

Hahaha...I am filming my promo video in the middle of the work day, so that will not be an option for me.

Hahaha...I am filming my promo video in the middle of the work day, so that will not be an option for me.

lol its your funeral man. :drinks:

Submissions arent due for a while, might as well do lots of takes and take your best, its not like anyone will get extra credit points for submitting them early.

Will be filming this upon my return home

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Audition Video thought came to me last night while I was counting sheep and I really like the idea. Will have to see how it pans out to the naked eye.

Promo video I'm still thinking about. Juggling 3 kiddos and a new house build, mine might not get done till the deadline......but will be there.

Looking forward to seeing yours mcook and the others.

Maybe nerve racking was not the right choice of words, but there is a certain amount of anxiety involved since this is something I really would like to experience. Not saying that there won't be other opportunities going forward, but there are no guarantees, so there is a little pressure to come up with something good.

I understand fully as we're all in that 14 person only boat. Just let the cards fall as they may and if you get it, great! If not, no big deal, try again next year. Maybe someone won't be able to go and they need a replacement, or maybe you can volunteer for the event and help out in a different manner.

Audition Video thought came to me last night while I was counting sheep and I really like the idea. Will have to see how it pans out to the naked eye.

Promo video I'm still thinking about. Juggling 3 kiddos and a new house build, mine might not get done till the deadline......but will be there.

Looking forward to seeing yours mcook and the others.

I like the idea of some late night pondering!

I understand fully as we're all in that 14 person only boat. Just let the cards fall as they may and if you get it, great! If not, no big deal, try again next year. Maybe someone won't be able to go and they need a replacement, or maybe you can volunteer for the event and help out in a different manner.

Good way to put it. I hope everybody that can will send something in and not worry too much about it. This is a great way to celebrate THP and all that it is to us. I may even make a video for the viewing party just for the heck of it.

I like the idea of some late night pondering!

Good way to put it. I hope everybody that can will send something in and not worry too much about it. This is a great way to celebrate THP and all that it is to us. I may even make a video for the viewing party just for the heck of it.

I love this idea. Being that the panel does not know the forum (outside of GolferGal), and the viewing party is supposed to be about fun and celebrating the Morgan Cup audition videos, I think it would be cool to see all kinds of videos come rolling in.

There is no doubt that I will be there in one way or another. I will definitely be a volunteer if I don't get in.

Videos like this may be more entertaining than the videos being submitted. Sweet personal notes for the captains? Check..

There is no doubt that I will be there in one way or another. I will definitely be a volunteer if I don't get in.

I believe you win no matter what then. Just depends on the context of your job to do there hehe

There will be no rehearsing for anything I put in a video. One shot for both and it's all coming off the cuff. No doubt you guys will laugh at mine as I don't have a professional bone in my body.

There will be no rehearsing for anything I put in a video. One shot for both and it's all coming off the cuff. No doubt you guys will laugh at mine as I don't have a professional bone in my body.

zing!!!!!

Back