Morgan Cup Entry Videos - What Do I Need To Know?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2nd Morgan Cup news is heating up and people are anxious to find out how they can enter. Previously we covered the criteria to enter and what the prerequisites were to qualify to be able to submit an entry and you can read about that here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...organ-Cup-How-To-Enter&highlight=morgan+enter

In that thread, THP announced that the "application" for the 2nd Morgan Cup would be done via video submission and we know that people are wondering how that works. Here are your answers to some questions that have come up in the regular Morgan Cup 2.0 thread.

Can you give me an idea of what the video submission process will be like?

Yes. When the time comes for submission (date TBA) (do not submit videos before date is announced), you will be submitting 2 videos to THP for your entry. You will do so by shooting your own videos and uploading them to the host of your choice. YouTube is popular and there are many sites like it that offer free hosting. Then when the time comes, there will be an email address to send the links of those videos to.

What should the 1st video be about?
The 1st video is your audition video and will be about anything you want. You will have to introduce yourself to the panel of judges and explain why you feel as though you are a good fit for the Morgan Cup. The video can be anything up to 30 seconds long.

What should the 2nd video be about?
The 2nd video is your promo video and will be company and product specific. It will be your job to write and create a promotional video on a certain product from this list (you can choose any 1 product line and only 1 product line from this list).

Bridgestone - Golf Balls
Callaway - Drivers
Cleveland - Wedges

Your job will be to create a promo on any product that fits into the product lines listed above. Like the 1st video, this promo must be limited to only 30 seconds long.

What happens if I go over 30 seconds?
If either of the video submissions goes over the 30 seconds of allotted time, the entry will not be counted.

Do I have to buy the products to have them in my video when I am shooting the promo?
Absolutely not. You can use props, not use props and it will not be part of the overall score in judging your video submission.

Im not good at making my videos high quality with titles and graphics, does that count?
No, that will not count at all. In fact titles might eat up valuable time, so when it comes to things such as titles and graphics, there will be no penalty for not having any.

What type of quality is needed? All I have is my Flip camera or cell phone?
Either of those work fine. Good lighting and making sure you can hear the message well are the only two things we will ask of people, so that the message is clear.

If I do my promo on one company, does that mean if I get selected that will be my sponsor for the Morgan Cup?
Absolutely not. Entry submissions and sponsorships have nothing to do with each other.

Who is judging the videos and selecting who gets in?
There is a panel made up of GolferGal, a few golf companies, a few selected media and 2 tour players that will be judging each and every "application" that comes in for submission.

let the games begin

Sweet can't wait!

That is really, really cool! I'm excited to see what some of the entrants come up with. That is sick!

I think this is the best possible way for folks to apply.

Wow that's awesome! Tour players judging? Fantastic! Love this more and more!

This is going to be so awesome! I have some many ideas running through my head.

Wow, this seems like fun.

awesome Brainstorming time!

my head is about to explode with so many ideas :bomb:

How much do I want to be in the Morgan Cup in 75 words? Wow this is going to be hard.

I got a little nervous reading that and I am already in the event. This is awesome! Have fun with it guys, I really hope we get to see some of the entries.

Wow, two videos and 30 second time limit on each. This is going to be a fun time.

got my ideas for video #2 already, while sitting here eating my bag of Doritos

I like the 30-second format, makes people get to the point, which is very important when shooting promos at the Morgan Cup. Also, as pointed out in the initial post, fancy bells and whistles may take away from the 30 seconds of the video, so people don't really have to worry about that. Thanks THP for the opportunity!

saweeeet!!! 30 seconds is more than enough time to sell OneT

This. Will. Be. Epic.

WOW!!! This should be really cool. Can't wait to get started.

Sweet! I am hanging out with OneT in about 10 days and I can imagine that a couple videos will come out of that weekend. I am going to start scripting my entry today!

I agree, this sounds like the best possible way to apply and having tour players as judges is really cool. Pretty exciting, I hope we get to see a few of the video's.

Back