Phil Mickelson: Hall of Famer

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/Phil-Mickelson-elected-to-golf-Hall-of-Fame-111011

SINGAPORE (AP) Four-time major winner Phil Mickelson has been elected to the World Golf Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame says Mickelson, who became eligible after turning 40 last year, received 72 percent of the votes cast.

Mickelson says it was a ''special, cool honor.'' The three-time Masters champion, who is playing at the Singapore Open, says he hopes to win at least 11 more tournaments to give him 50 victories in his career. PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem says Mickelson is ''exactly what you like to see in a player.''

Mickelson will be inducted on May 7 at the World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum in St. Augustine, Fla.

Congrats Phil! Well earned and deserved.

Good on him. Well deserved.

Congrats Phil much deserved.

While I have never been the biggest fan I feel he deserves the honor. I think he got in ahead of some guys that have been waiting long enough.

That's pretty cool, he's certainly earned his spot.

Congratulations to Phil, he is very deserving.

He is a HOF'er! What a legend. I agree with Thainer, to be able to do what he's done during the Tiger Era is pretty special.

Go Phil. Best lefty ever. HUGE congrats to Phil, what an amazing career.

Congrats to Phil - well earned honor!!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I can't stand phil for some reason. Not that he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, just....DISLIKE!

Congrats to Phil!

Great accomplishment for a great player. Does it seem weird to anyone else that they can be inducted into the Hall of Fame while still playing (at the highest level)? I'm used to other HOFs like the NBA, shere they are nominated after they retire. I guess it would be hard with golf because of players playing until older ages due to the Champions Tour and such. I definitely think he deserves it, but it's just a little odd to me.

he definately deserves it and i hope he manages to reach 50 victories.

Congrats to Phil and he certainly has been a super star and deserves the recognition :clapp:

A very well deserved honor

Back