Morgan Cup Invades Myrtle Beach in 2012

After a couple PMs asking me what I'm going to do and some urging from friends, I have had to sit down and decide it's not in the cards for me next year. The outing is something I really want to do because I'll get to meet more people (presumably) and play with all the demo stuff. My family is also already planning their weekend while I'm on the course(s).
We have decided we're going to try and sell this house and move into something roomier in a more 'established' (less screaming kids) neighborhood. Therefore, we'll need to hang on to that money that would be spent on MC 2.0. It sucks, but as mentioned, I'll meet a ton of cool people at the outing and spend, likely, far less while trying to move, if we haven't already at that point.

Color me disappointed. Count me in for 3.0

You will be a great asset when your time is right. Good luck on your new house and support the MC 2.0 by showing fan support and enthusiasm :blob:!

Been trying to compare the 2 courses to mine. On paper Caledonia is about even to my main track. True Blue seems a bit tougher. For me it'll come down to the greens. If I'm there I will have adapt really quickly. 7 iron shot is a 7 iron shot, but those greens could be completely alien to me.

I'm interested what tee's we'll play, which courses we'll play for each round, etc. I think True Blue looks like you can have at it with the driver a bit, which could be fun in a scramble format. They both look to be visually intimidating!

I'm interested what tee's we'll play, which courses we'll play for each round, etc. I think True Blue looks like you can have at it with the driver a bit, which could be fun in a scramble format. They both look to be visually intimidating!

not for you :)

Been trying to compare the 2 courses to mine. On paper Caledonia is about even to my main track. True Blue seems a bit tougher. For me it'll come down to the greens. If I'm there I will have adapt really quickly. 7 iron shot is a 7 iron shot, but those greens could be completely alien to me.

I think yur on to something ... don't matter what course yur on, 7i is 7i same o same o
greens, well now that's a different matter huh :D

Depending on the tees that are used True Blue looks like it could be pretty long...Caledonia is a much shorter and tighter course....but they both look really great!

Has anyone seen slope and/or rating for these courses?

Caledonia is a par 70 and only plays to just over 6,500 from the tips and is rated 72.1/140 so it's pretty tough

True Blue is a par 72 and is just over 7,100 yards from the tips and is rated 74.3/145 so it's no pushover either

Both have several sets of tees to chose from though from the blue tees True Blue is just over 6800 or you can play the whites and be at 6375...Caledonia plays just over 6100 from the Blue tees and just over 5700 from the white tees

Even from the Blue tees at True Blue, 6800 yards is a long damn course!

Caledonia is a par 70 and only plays to just over 6,500 from the tips and is rated 72.1/140 so it's pretty tough

True Blue is a par 72 and is just over 7,100 yards from the tips and is rated 74.3/145 so it's no pushover either

Both have several sets of tees to chose from though from the blue tees True Blue is just over 6800 or you can play the whites and be at 6375...Caledonia plays just over 6100 from the Blue tees and just over 5700 from the white tees

I'd say. I try to stay around 6000-6300

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Both of these courses are fantastic and the conditions are always top notch. Caledonia is my favorite of the two, just because of the lowcountry style layout. This is getting exciting.

I've tried to play my regular game on both of these tracks and failed on each occasion. Errant drives just add shots. The fairways look ample but the green complexes are crazy difficult.
Im not saying you cant hit driver but If you do you better hit straight or bend it straight into your areas. Fairway woods and long hybrids, depending in the tees should be fine.

I get to play both of these courses in March I just found out, Can't wait!

I get to play both of these courses in March I just found out, Can't wait!

LUCKY GUY!! Can't wait to hear your feedback man. We need lots of pictures and several video HOTD, k? :D

I've tried to play my regular game on both of these tracks and failed on each occasion. Errant drives just add shots. The fairways look ample but the green complexes are crazy difficult.
Im not saying you cant hit driver but If you do you better hit straight or bend it straight into your areas. Fairway woods and long hybrids, depending in the tees should be fine.

That's the approach I use at a new to me course. Keep it short and straight.

Man, I would have thought True Blue would be more driver friendly since it's so long.

Myrtle Beach may soon be invaded with a Bullfrog!!! Never been there before. And my daughter lives close so this is a double opportunity for me.

Based on the distances used last year, I would bet True Blue will be from the whites and Caledonia from the blues.

I have to sneak down and play these. Any North Carolinians wanna check them out?

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Based on the distances used last year, I would bet True Blue will be from the whites and Caledonia from the blues.

I'm in complete agreement here. Last year, the distances of the courses were between 6000 and 6300 yards. In match play, the distance doesn't matter as much because it's all about how you play against competitors, not necessarily the scores that you post.

Regardless, I'll be ready to give it my best. I'm just curious more than anything.

My course plays about 6500 from the back tees, but one thing I learned is that a shorter course is not always easier if it is designed well! Even if these two courses are played around 6000-6300 they both look like they will challenge each player to hit some good shots!

It would be nice if we could request the distance we want. Maybe they will set the tees for us. I mean it's THP and the Morgan Cup!

I have to sneak down and play these. Any North Carolinians wanna check them out?

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

only about 3.5 hours from over here in SC .... I 'could' be game for going over there .....

Man, I would have thought True Blue would be more driver friendly since it's so long.

I think it is to us mere mortals dude. Long ballers probably have some stuff to worry about

Back