Who makes the best clubs?

Who makes the best clubs?

• Total voters
It's hard to choose, but if they don't make a belly putter I won't play their gear.

I hear they got a new putter that is all the rage.

Ha, the golf shop actually had it in stock tonight in both regular and belly. $69

I'm not sure how you could choose. All the companies make great equipment! Some people might like some companies in one area, but a different one in another area.

This....

edit: and btw that was not a argument in that other thread, not even close lol.

It's hard to choose, but if they don't make a belly putter I won't play their gear.

QFT. Only real OEM's make belly putters.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm a fan of Homna always have been. Always had a soft spot for Taylormade. Big fan of old school Callaway and new school Bridgestone. And the J40 wedges put the others to shame

I dont think 90% would say one company makes the best ball.
Nor do I think anybody makes the best clubs.
I think every company is putting out some incredible equipment right now and it is about finding what is right for the individual.

Exactly where I stand. I am partial to Cleveland for a lot of stuff because it has tended to work well for me but exactly what JB said it is hard to find a piece of equipment that isnt good these days.

Pinemeadow...

... kidding

TaylorMade.

Kevin

I’ve never met on the course or seen in anyone’s posts here this elusive “Titleist Elitist” attitude a lot of people seem to be referring to. But I do see that exact attitude in the haters.

It really smacks of some kind of inferiority complex or something, like thinking the guy down the block is a snob because he drives a BMW or MB when you’ve never even talked to him.

Calling people elitist because they supposedly think they are playing the best clubs then turning around and starting a poll so they can state that the clubs they are playing are actually the best is the height of hypocrisy and brings douchebagitness (yes I made it up) to a whole never level.

Grow up…

Whew! What a first post

I’ve never met on the course or seen in anyone’s posts here this elusive “Titleist Elitist” attitude a lot of people seem to be referring to. But I do see that exact attitude in the haters.

It really smacks of some kind of inferiority complex or something, like thinking the guy down the block is a snob because he drives a BMW or MB when you’ve never even talked to him.

Calling people elitist because they supposedly think they are playing the best clubs then turning around and starting a poll so they can state that the clubs they are playing are actually the best is the height of hypocrisy and brings douchebagitness (yes I made it up) to a whole never level.

Grow up…

I think you missed his point. He said that there is no universally true "best company". Just what people think is the best.

He's just asking what people think. Which is fine. Pump the brakes- first post venom spitter.

I thought Bagger Vance was a laid back dude.

I dont think 90% would say one company makes the best ball.
Nor do I think anybody makes the best clubs.
I think every company is putting out some incredible equipment right now and it is about finding what is right for the individual.

I agree with the last statement made. Whether it be Titleist, TaylorMade or Callaway they all have great product. The R&D is so good across the board that it isn't even funny. I will say this however. IMO the company with the biggest upside right now is Cleveland/Srixon brands.

Alex

then he starts this poll thread with "I have just read over an argument about Titleist players thinking they are the best and that they play the best brand, but this is only TRUE to them. " referring again to the 712 thread, if you look there the only one arguing was him... Coltharris couldnt even say he like his new AP2's with hearing his crap...

Chill dude. Titleist just isn't liked as much in these parts because they don't support THP as much as some other OEMs. Not too many of us hate their clubs, just not as supportive because we love this place. No need to get worked up.

BV, how many titleist clubs are in your bag?

Adams driver
Cleveland 3 wd
cobra hydrid
2009 Titleist AP2 irons
Cleveland SW
Vokey LW
Pirreti putter

pretty mixed bag, I'm not an elitest and I'm not a snob.

I've got a Vokey as well and it's really nice. Nobody actually thinks you're a snob or eliteist for playing Titleist clubs. Don't worry.

then he starts this poll thread with "I have just read over an argument about Titleist players thinking they are the best and that they play the best brand, but this is only TRUE to them. " referring again to the 712 thread, if you look there the only one arguing was him... Coltharris couldnt even say he like his new AP2's with hearing his crap...

Lol @ you.

Who cares if he thinks people who play Titleist are elitist. Why are you so fired up about it? I don't agree with him, but who cares. I am not interested in Titleist's clubs because I have yet to hit one that agreed with me. I have read any of the 712 thread, because I'm not interested in the discussion. Are you going to rail against me for being closed minded?

There are plenty of Taylormade, Ping, Cleveland, Callaway elitist in the world as well. What does it matter?

Adams driverCleveland 3 wdcobra hydrid2009 Titleist AP2 ironsCleveland SWVokey LWPirreti putterpretty mixed bag, I'm not an elitest and I'm not a snob.
Never said you were, I was just curious, as I am with all our new members. Lets get down to the basics here. You are angry because you feel that some people's assessment of Titleist users is that they are snobbish and elitist and that that is untrue. Now, I don't entirely disagree with you. I know several people who primarily use Titleist clubs that are neither snobbish nor elitist. I would say this is the case for most Titleist users. However, there exists a kernel of the Titleist loving population who ARE snobbish and elitist. Trust me, there is. So we cannot entirely discount either side of the arguement here. Calm down, and discuss your views civilly with us.

Well, I do think it is a slightly larger kernel with Titleist. Titleist themselves project an elitist image with their advertising strategy. Ever seen one of their PGA show booths? They are all in dinner jackets.
and you can also say there is a kernel of the TM or Mizuno (buttery feel) or insert just about any brand you want that ARE snobs, how does that make titleist any different...?

You should just quit while you're behind. This is getting ridiculous.

I played mostly Titleist stuff for a lot of years. When I did, I always felt I was better than other players.

And I was;

Kevin

You should just quit while you're behind. This is getting ridiculous.

+1

I played mostly Titleist stuff for a lot of years. When I did, I always felt I was better than other players.

And I was;

Kevin

Lol. You always will be too. Only if you play Titleist.

Why are we arguing about OEM's. They all make great stuff and there are a$$@#&# everywhere.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Like my buddies and I have said as we're the last ones to leave a bar at the end of the night....

Shut 'er downnnn!

Alex

Back