What a moron.

heres some FYI on Sandusky's lawyer, must be something in the water out there geez

His attorney, Joe Amendola, would later suggest some of the other victims in the grand jury’s “finding of fact” would recant their claims. Who is Joe Amendola? According to Pennsylvania court documents obtained by The Daily, in 1996, at the age of 49, he impregnated a 17-year-old girl. The two later married and divorced.

... birds of a feather...

This is such a disgusting situation from all angles. It's absolutely fascinating. Corrupt coaches, administrators, college presidents. A missing DA, cops that sat on evidence, or failed to investigate, a bungled case when it finally came out. The weird protests/riots from Penn State students. The entire story is stranger than fiction.

heres some FYI on Sandusky's lawyer, must be something in the water out there geez

His attorney, Joe Amendola, would later suggest some of the other victims in the grand jury’s “finding of fact” would recant their claims. Who is Joe Amendola? According to Pennsylvania court documents obtained by The Daily, in 1996, at the age of 49, he impregnated a 17-year-old girl. The two later married and divorced.

it truely sounds like a made for tv movie on lifetime

I knew he didn't do it!!! I just knew McQueary was making it up.....had to be!!! Just a little misunderstanding.............:bomb:

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Penn State has learned via letter from NCAA President Mark Emmert that the governing body of collegiate sports will launch an investigation of the University's athletic programs in the wake of allegations of sexual abuse by a former assistant coach and charges of perjury against to two senior University officials."I am writing to notify you that the NCAA will examine Penn State's exercise of institutional control over its intercollegiate athletics programs, as well as the actions, and inactions, of relevant responsible personnel," Emmert wrote. "We recognize that there are ongoing federal and state investigations and the NCAA does not intend to interfere with those probes."Emmert set out several questions that University officials must be prepared to answer as part of the probe. Responses to this NCAA inquiry are expected by Dec. 16 in order for the NCAA to determine next steps.To view the letter and the specific areas that will be covered in this inquiry, go to http://www.psu.edu/ur/2011/NCAA.pdf online.

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Penn State has learned via letter from NCAA President Mark Emmert that the governing body of collegiate sports will launch an investigation of the University's athletic programs in the wake of allegations of sexual abuse by a former assistant coach and charges of perjury against to two senior University officials."I am writing to notify you that the NCAA will examine Penn State's exercise of institutional control over its intercollegiate athletics programs, as well as the actions, and inactions, of relevant responsible personnel," Emmert wrote. "We recognize that there are ongoing federal and state investigations and the NCAA does not intend to interfere with those probes."Emmert set out several questions that University officials must be prepared to answer as part of the probe. Responses to this NCAA inquiry are expected by Dec. 16 in order for the NCAA to determine next steps.To view the letter and the specific areas that will be covered in this inquiry, go to http://www.psu.edu/ur/2011/NCAA.pdf online.

Very very interesting. Thanks for the update war.eagle

oh and Joe Paterno is now battling lung cancer- expected to make a full recovery though.

So I see that a witness has surfaced, a "friend" of McQueary's. This witness is stating McQueary told him he never actually saw Sandusky in the shower with the boy, but only saw him leave the shower with the boy. I fear McQueary is going to turn out to be more crazy than he already seems, and some of those involved in the cover up will skate. It doesn't seem likely Sandusky would get off, but if that animal did, it would be a travesty.

Kevin

I don't know if it has been discussed here, but what are people's thoughts about what type of penalties Penn State should receive? I am of the opinion that the football program at Penn State should be cancelled period. I think what we are learning from all of this is that football became more important than children's safety and well being. There is no excuse for that and the only punishment that can even come close to be fitting is to remove the football program entirely.

I think the football program should take a break as well but that'll never happen. It just won't. Honestly, the students would probably torch the campus.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11345/1196164-455.stm

Interesting article today in our local newspaper about the 'patterns' of preferential abusers like the accused Jerry Sandusky.

It really makes no sense to me to punish current coaches and players and the student body in general at PSU because of this. It is likely they will hand down some ridiculous penalty that has little or no impact on the perps involved but I just don't see it as being important to do that.

The penalty should depend on how deep the cover up went. Hopefully everybody that looked the other way is somehow punished, and if that includes boosters and the football program in general, so be it.

Kevin

Paterno fell and broke his pelvis. Hate to say it, but I almost wonder how long he will be able to hold on. He's in very poor health these days and this is the type of thing that can kill a person emotionally.

It really makes no sense to me to punish current coaches and players and the student body in general at PSU because of this. It is likely they will hand down some ridiculous penalty that has little or no impact on the perps involved but I just don't see it as being important to do that.

Then should USC and Ohio state not be punished since Reggie bush is gone and Terrell Pryor is in the nfl? I think this makes the black sox or smu scandal look like child's play. Death penalty to penn st football in my opinion

This cover up is just one more example of how higher educational institutes priorities are not where they should be. Learning has taken a back seat to being a training ground for the future players of the NFL, NBA and MLB and nothing is going to be allowed to interfere with it. There will be a few slaps on the wrist, Sandusky will do some time because he won't do the decent thing and slit his wrists and Penn State will move ahead with their athletics intact claiming it had nothing to do with their football program and that it was all about his charity since that's where his victims came from.

This cover up is just one more example of how higher educational institutes priorities are not where they should be. Learning has taken a back seat to being a training ground for the future players of the NFL, NBA and MLB and nothing is going to be allowed to interfere with it. There will be a few slaps on the wrist, Sandusky will do some time because he won't do the decent thing and slit his wrists and Penn State will move ahead with their athletics intact claiming it had nothing to do with their football program and that it was all about his charity since that's where his victims came from.

Wow! There's a quote you won't see on your nightly news!!

Then should USC and Ohio state not be punished since Reggie bush is gone and Terrell Pryor is in the nfl? I think this makes the black sox or smu scandal look like child's play. Death penalty to penn st football in my opinion

I completely agree. SMU got the death penalty and what did they do? They paid players. This is so much worse. When you have several people in an organization turning their heads an possibly the entire organization then the punishment should fit the crime. I think it is time for people to get a priority check and any student found rioting should be expelled!

Wow! There's a quote you won't see on your nightly news!!

Well, maybe you should! He's already caused irreparable harm to these boys and their families, so now he's going to force them all to relive it by dragging them through a trial? He needs to just kill himself and give those families some peace

I completely agree. SMU got the death penalty and what did they do? They paid players. This is so much worse. When you have several people in an organization turning their heads an possibly the entire organization then the punishment should fit the crime. I think it is time for people to get a priority check and any student found rioting should be expelled!

As awful as this is, if the NCAA shut down Penn St football, they would be overstepping their jurisdiction. This does not have anything to do with on the field competition, at least to my knowledge. If the universtiy shut it down, that's one thing. But the NCAA should not be involved.

I don't know if it has been discussed here, but what are people's thoughts about what type of penalties Penn State should receive? I am of the opinion that the football program at Penn State should be cancelled period. I think what we are learning from all of this is that football became more important than children's safety and well being. There is no excuse for that and the only punishment that can even come close to be fitting is to remove the football program entirely.

I agree the actions are beyond reprehensible. But to think Penn State is the only college football program covering something up is naive. There is always potential for this type of thing, especially with the way college football is set up right now, with the only important thing to any college football program being the almighty dollar. So should we do away with all college football? I personally think that would be a good thing. But if you do that because something like this happened, you would also need to close the catholic church and many other organizations.

I agree the actions are beyond reprehensible. But to think Penn State is the only college football program covering something up is naive. There is always potential for this type of thing, especially with the way college football is set up right now, with the only important thing to any college football program being the almighty dollar. So should we do away with all college football? I personally think that would be a good thing. But if you do that because something like this happened, you would also need to close the catholic church and many other organizations.

No you don't. Penn State would be more than justified to shut down the football program, release all scholarship athletes from commitments, and wait until the trial ended before starting back up. The football program at Penn State is a beast that needs to get put down. Not by the NCAA, but by the university. Everyday that the school cashes a check because of the football program, they are getting paid because of an organization that fostered a sexual predator. The school should not be shut down, but the program needs to be put on the shelf for a little bit.

While it may be true that many schools are covering something up, it is very unlikely that they are covering up a multiple offending pedophile. You just can't compare this with infractions that other programs have committed. I do agree that it should be the school that shuts down the program, but I doubt anyone in the schools leadership has the courage to do so.

Back