Does your putter match your stroke?

Thanks Kmac. You're right, we have played golf together. I just make putts dude, I don't know what the stroke is. I like clutch putts, I just drain those.

This is true dude, you just Tebow putts like a mofo

I don't know what kind of stroke I have. I use a belly putter and it works alright for me. My last putter was a center-shafted one. I don't even know what to call it. It's similar in shape to my Si3, so I don't think it's a blade or a full mallet. Either way it didn't work well for me.

The thing I found most interesting about the iPing app is that I thought my stroke was much more sbst than it actually is. When I started to swing with my more natural arc, I found it was easier to release the putter and I started making more putts.

Not really sure, maybe someone can tell me. I know that I putt fairly well with it.
I have a Nike Method Core 1i and am a straight back straight through putter.

nike-method-core-MC-3i-putter.jpg

Not really sure, maybe someone can tell me. I know that I putt fairly well with it.
I have a Nike Method Core 1i and am a straight back straight through putter.

nike-method-core-MC-3i-putter.jpg

If you are putting well with it, I would stop looking at this thread and continue to enjoy your putter. I know if I get a thought in my head that something is not right it will lead to bad things

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

You are actually a very good putter, every putt I see you hit looks like its going in. A fraction less break and you will be monry

Thanks dude, I appreciate that bit of info. I tried a couple Nike putters today and I was sinking putts like mad, might be time for a long term change..

KB just touched on this and there really is no possible way to pure a SBST putt. Sort striking a putt leaves you too open to pushing past the hole, generally on the high side. IMHP, a full stroke with speed in mind, (manipulation of the stroke distance) is the only true putt and I think this bears out during the course of a full round.

I've found I can putt well with anything BUT a plumber's neck. Center-Shaft Face Balanced and Flow Neck's with a bit of Toe Hang both work equally well for my particular stroke.

Its a shame too, I LOVE the look of a good Plumber's Neck putter.

I subscribe to the SeeMore putting stroke. I believe that that stroke can apply o any type of putter. But my putting stroke tends to have some arc and release.

I don't know. All I know is the best I ever putted was with an old graphite shafted putter. I thought about matching it with the same type of putter for the MC but I went with sort of a compromise. I go through spurts where I putt lights out and others where I putt like Caleb Hanie. I think if I got that involved with my putter stroke I don't know, I might think too much. It may help, I don't know!

Straight back and straight through ... perfect for my Rife IMO

image.jpg

Face balanced and heavy. The PING Anser was the wrong wrong wrong putter for me.

I have an arced stroke and use an offset mid-mallet with some toe hang. The two seem to work well together.

It took a bit of time and a couple of times going through the SAM lab but yes I finally do. 34", plumbers neck, 4:00 toe hang, 1 degree up, extra head and shaft weight to get the total to the 550-570g range.

Which is now annoying since I can't blame putters on the club anymore :bulgy-eyes:

i'm a SBST and i think ive bought 6 or 7 putters this year so im still trying to find something that "works" for me... i figure its like a chick when you know you know. and so far i'm still going to the prom STAG!! I do like certain things about certain putters but nothing has stayed in my bag for more than a month or 2. Kinda frustrating and even more expensive... but i have found that the face balanced putters have been better for me with any of the ones that have more toe hang.

It sure does now!! Thanks THP and Bettinardi!!

It looks like this may be helping some folks.
@duey can you expound on your comment, I think I understand but not sure.
@bullfrog no excuses now brother you are fit!!!

I asked our Pro about SBST vs release in reguards to face balance etc. His response is that no one has a true SBST putting stroke because all stokes have some kind of a release. I try to use a SBST and have been successful using a mid mallet face balanced putter.

I have no idea what stroke i have, nor what kind of putter goes with it.

Listen up junior, you better find out of you're going to make a career out of this game

I've always been straight back straight through, but I'm starting to jump onto the arc bandwagon. I have a Classics 2 that seems to work well with that stroke. I tried all 7 Anser putters and they really are different for each stroke. So I do believe that the putter makes a difference.

I've always been straight back straight through, but I'm starting to jump onto the arc bandwagon. I have a Classics 2 that seems to work well with that stroke. I tried all 7 Anser putters and they really are different for each stroke. So I do believe that the putter makes a difference.

So what are you seeing different in this anser that makes it better for your stroke? Is it the toe hang, weighting, or something else?

Do people have a natural stroke path or is it learned or "forced?"

For myself, it's a learned natural stroke. For many years I tried to force a sbst stroke, but my natural stroke has a slight arc,

Back