What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well since the greens are frozen i pulled out my winter balls yesterday some maxfli revolutions and for $5 a dozen i was happy with them. Held up pretty well.

I have been gaming the Bridgestone e6 for the past few rounds. It's a great ball, and for the price you cant beat it.

started out with the prov1x from yesterday and finished with a penta tp... somewhere in between i used a bs b330 rxs
all were good but my swing was not

Some kind of Wilson Ladies ball that was awesome in all respects! KellyBo had a few sleeves of these puppies and they were REALLY good for winter play :clapp:

Last couple rounds I have used Srixon Q Star. I have been quite impressed. Shot an 90 and 85 with them. Distance was good and stopping on green was too. Wedge shots really impressed me. Ball had nice feel and sound off putter face.

TapAhoy!

played a Bridgestone Fix ( won a dozen of these in a tournament a few weeks back ). They were terrible, at least for me.

Sorry texasgolfer but I LOVE these golf balls and they could take the place of my summer premium golf balls!

I played the Bridgestone E6 today. I have been switching between these and the Q-Stars. I think I get more distance out of these balls than the Q Stars off the tee and seem to strike it better with my irons. About the same spin near the greens. I think I'm making the permanent switch to these as my "go to" ball and try to supplement with the 330-RX's as my premium ball.

Played the Callaway Tour i(z) the past couple of rounds. While I like it off the tee I'm not crazy about it around the greens right now. Seems to roll out a bit more than I'm used to as I'm not used to playing for as much roll out as I've seen

While I was in the my local sports store recently I came across some Bridgestone Treosoft Balls.

Are the Treosoft now replaced by the e series? and if os how old are they?

Are they any good, for a SS of 85-90mph & for distance with control around the greens?

Would they be seen as a winter ball?

Played the Bridgestone Fixx yesterday. Continue to be impressed with this ball. I really do believe it is the idea winter ball with all of the leaves on the ground, etc. Just a hair below the performance of the 330-RXS in my opinion but awfully darn close. Need to find more of these at the price I got them before...must try ball!

Played the Callaway Tour i(z) the past couple of rounds. While I like it off the tee I'm not crazy about it around the greens right now. Seems to roll out a bit more than I'm used to as I'm not used to playing for as much roll out as I've seen

I have been playing the i(z) too.....distance wise I like it....but it is a tad bit hard....even off the putter.

The Hex Black Tour has been a great new ball for me. Durability is much better than the i(Z) and has a much softer feel around the greens.

The Hex Black Tour has been a great new ball for me. Durability is much better than the i(Z) and has a much softer feel around the greens.

Would love to be playing the Hex Black or Hex Chrome....but most of us don't have those kinda connections......now if you wanna send me a sleeve or 3, I will be happy to PM you with my shipping address:D

Would love to be playing the Hex Black or Hex Chrome....but most of us don't have those kinda connections......now if you wanna send me a sleeve or 3, I will be happy to PM you with my shipping address:D

HAHA beauty of being a staff golf professional! I only got 2 dozen last month from my rep to test out, but for sure they're going in the bag for 2012.

HAHA beauty of being a staff golf professional! I only got 2 dozen last month from my rep to test out, but for sure they're going in the bag for 2012.

I saw a sleeve of each on EBAY....somebody selling them for $30.00 bucks a sleeve!

Oh and BTW if you notice my signature you will see that I am also a Callaway staffer....LOL

I saw a sleeve of each on EBAY....somebody selling them for $30.00 bucks a sleeve!

Oh and BTW if you notice my signature you will see that I am also a Callaway staffer....LOL

Wow, crazy! A person could get in a lot of trouble for reselling them. Seems like you got your balls fit by the #1 ball fitter :) I do recommend trying the HBT & HC balls out when they hit the market in a couple months.

Wow, crazy! A person could get in a lot of trouble for reselling them. Seems like you got your balls fit by the #1 ball fitter :) I do recommend trying the HBT & HC balls out when they hit the market in a couple months.

I will be sponsored by Callaway for the Morgan Cup, so I will be playing all Callaway balls this year...and yes I am looking forward to trying out the HBT and HC balls as soon as I can get my hands on them...LOL

Just finished a chat with Bridgestone. They recommended a B330-S. I would have guessed the RX series based on my 101mph swing speed. I will have to try some out!

this.......keeps me from loving this ball

I have been playing the i(z) too.....distance wise I like it....but it is a tad bit hard....even off the putter.

if that's the case I can't wait to try it out

Played the Bridgestone Fixx yesterday. Continue to be impressed with this ball. I really do believe it is the idea winter ball with all of the leaves on the ground, etc. Just a hair below the performance of the 330-RXS in my opinion but awfully darn close. Need to find more of these at the price I got them before...must try ball!

I was really unimpressed with these. I was loosing a ton of distance on my drives. You are the second person that has commented positively about these balls. I was really expecting to see more people with the same experience I had. I actually compared the distance I was getting from the Fix to the distance of a B330 RX, and the RX was at least 20 yards longer. (I had a B330 RX in my bag that I had found)

This just proves that Ball Fittings do work. A ball that is great for someone, will not necessarily be right for someone else. I still have 11 of these Fix Balls left, you and Ole Gray can have them!

Can't really go wrong with the Pro V1s except for price. I buy them almost new on Ebay and have never been dissatisfied. I've tried other premium balls but the ProV1s are simply hard to beat for distance as well as touch around the greens.

Just finished a chat with Bridgestone. They recommended a B330-S. I would have guessed the RX series based on my 101mph swing speed. I will have to try some out!

I'd try them both out if you can Josh. Both Golftec and Bridgestone haven been pretty up front with me when I've talked to them about both balls. The SS recomendations on their balls are just general guide lines. They both mentioned that they're also finding a decent number of players in the 100-105 range, the tweener's as it were, are having better results with the 330s over the RX. Nabbing a sleeve of each and seeing how they do wouldn't be a bad thing.

I've really come to like the S in a short period of time. I get along much better with the higher compression balls and the S adds just the extra touch of spin I like on my wedges and irons that I didn't get with the 330 or iZ. Still a much less spinny ball then the Penta for example though.

i played alot of nike mojos today... alot of them

I have played the Nike One Tour D the past couple days. I have had a good bit of luck with the ball, and even had my lowest round today with it. I like the ball, and I think I'm about to order 4 dozen for 60 bucks. I don't get the spin into the greens that I normally did, but I still stopped the ball quickly. For less than 1.25 a ball I just can't pass it up.

I played a Pro V1x today for the first time since May. I struck the ball well for most of the round, and it gave me a great ball flight and solid feel off the tee. Good stopping power on full shots, but around the green, it just disn't have enough spin for me. It really messed with me as I had a lot of pitches go past the hole. A solid ball, but not enough spin for me. Also, I found the durability to be absolutely terrible. After I hit my first one once with a short iron or wedge, it would have a scuff mark. My grooves just tore them up. I don't think I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back