The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this new diet is going to be awesome for you cookie! Just think, oreos AND milk now!

LMAO. Thanks, I think. (while thinking you a think mustached school teacher around a bunch of kids). ha

I can post it up, it is definitely not a bragging thing but a personal goal thing. I will never look like some body builder, but for being a smaller guy I was pleased that the hard work paid off.

I understand were you are coming from. I look back at old pictures and say wow was I ripped. Those days are long gone right now and I don't have time to get back there. I don't know if I could find time to spend at the gym. I have been trying to talk my self into running, but I hate it. That doesn't help. I used to Cycle a lot before the kid. I then got into golf and gave it up. The problem with that sport is you have to ride all the time to stay in shape. I just can't spend 2 hours 3 or 4 days a week riding. Once I get over this cough I have, I might try and run a bit. We will see.

I understand were you are coming from. I look back at old pictures and say wow was I ripped. Those days are long gone right now and I don't have time to get back there. I don't know if I could find time to spend at the gym. I have been trying to talk my self into running, but I hate it. That doesn't help. I used to Cycle a lot before the kid. I then got into golf and gave it up. The problem with that sport is you have to ride all the time to stay in shape. I just can't spend 2 hours 3 or 4 days a week riding. Once I get over this cough I have, I might try and run a bit. We will see.

I know where you are coming from. I am VERY lucky to work at home and have a nice gym setup in addition to a few cardio machines in the house. I would have a very hard time getting in the workouts I do now if I commuted to/from work and then had to commute to the gym.

I would just say the one thing you can do (if not already) is eat healthier. Not everyone wants to be ripped/defined whatever, but not many people want to carry an extra 10 pounds. No idea if this scenario fits you or not, but someone just wanting to lose weight can do it by making better choices as to what they eat/drink.

I guess I'm the opposite of you guys from a being in shape stand point in old pictures. I look at some of my old pictures from college on Facebook and see myself at 340lbs and give y self motivation to lose more weight.

At one point in time I had lost 130 lbs as was down to 210. I'm up to 225 right now and am working my tail off to lose that weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm the opposite of you guys from a being in shape stand point in old pictures. I look at some of my old pictures from college on Facebook and see myself at 340lbs and give y self motivation to lose more weight.

At one point in time I had lost 130 lbs as was down to 210. I'm up to 225 right now and am working my tail off to lose that weight.

Insane! That is so much lost weight. You lost a whole skinny girl.

I know where you are coming from. I am VERY lucky to work at home and have a nice gym setup in addition to a few cardio machines in the house. I would have a very hard time getting in the workouts I do now if I commuted to/from work and then had to commute to the gym.

I would just say the one thing you can do (if not already) is eat healthier. Not everyone wants to be ripped/defined whatever, but not many people want to carry an extra 10 pounds. No idea if this scenario fits you or not, but someone just wanting to lose weight can do it by making better choices as to what they eat/drink.

My wife and I eat sorta healthy. I have never tried to gourd or over eat. I know we could cut back on the cheeses and casseroles. One thing I don't plan on giving up is beer. It is one of the biggest calorie numbers too. I think I will try the run thing and then go from there. I think once I get over the "hump" it will be a lot easier to do.

My wife and I eat sorta healthy. I have never tried to gourd or over eat. I know we could cut back on the cheeses and casseroles. One thing I don't plan on giving up is beer. It is one of the biggest calorie numbers too. I think I will try the run thing and then go from there. I think once I get over the "hump" it will be a lot easier to do.

Running absolutely sucks at first. It sucks bad, but once you get into good running shape, it is not bad at all.

Hey TC, stick around for a bit homey.. I'm putting some numbers into a spreadsheet. I hit 3w's to test shafts lol. Golfsmith can suck at times.

Running absolutely sucks at first. It sucks bad, but once you get into good running shape, it is not bad at all.

Yeah I know. I should just sign up for a 5 k or something to motivate me.

Motivation works both ways man!!

Ready for a true, but "fairy" story?

I guess it was the end of 2009 and was seeing Twilight with the wife. Saw that dude Jacob in a scene and kinda heard my wife do the "oh my, wow" thing and that prompted me to kick it into gear. Yep - seeing some ripped dude in a movie made me jealous and I had to do something.

By May, I will be back to where I was. No doubt!

Almost gave negative rep for you willingly seeing Twilight. Instead I'll start a candle vigil and hope your man card can somehow recover from this terrible accident. We're all pulling for you man.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/view.cfm?l=eng&c=15087927

I have seen all of the movies, I like vampire type movies. The first one was pretty good but as of late they have become nothing but love stories and I am slowly losing interest. I am man enough to say I watch them and I am not in fear of losing my man card over it.

Twilight isnt a terrible movie, and it gets even better when she "owes you" afterwards.

You're not married yet. I haven't been "owed" in a while.

Damn you!!!

Bachelor was on the DVR but I DID NOT watch it while on the elliptical. Can I have my card back now?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

LOL NO! That's just as bad man, why are you watching that to begin with?! There's gotta be something else on at that time you could be watching haha

LOL NO! That's just as bad man, why are you watching that to begin with?! There's gotta be something else on at that time you could be watching haha

No, the wife had it on the DVR. I am not watching it. Hopped on the elliptical and was looking for something to watch so I did an episode of Shipping Wars.

No, the wife had it on the DVR. I am not watching it. Hopped on the elliptical and was looking for something to watch so I did an episode of Shipping Wars.
Cookie come clean.

Cookie come clean.

Would it be ok to watch this season since there is only one dude and then like over 20 hot women in skimpy attire half the time?

switching from vegan to carnivore is enough for him.....one thing at a time...don't want him to explode
Good point Hanks. I'm proud of him for getting back on the protein train.

I think this new diet is going to be awesome for you cookie! Just think, oreos AND milk now!

LOL, that may be the absolute best thing about cookies new diet, glad to hear that cookie will be enjoying the meal at the outing along with the rest of us, that meal will be awesome.

the fact that you even asked that question shows you are not ready....

Would it be ok to watch this season since there is only one dude and then like over 20 hot women in skimpy attire half the time?

LOL, that may be the absolute best thing about cookies new diet, glad to hear that cookie will be enjoying the meal at the outing along with the rest of us, that meal will be awesome.

Yes, I will! Just notified GG that we only need one vegan meal in May.

the fact that you even asked that question shows you are not ready....

Damnit, I really was fearful of this. I only know this because of the commercials while watching college football and basketball. Manly stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back