Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
This coming year I'm looking to play more golf then before and even some tournaments and some of the ones I'm looking at have 36 holes in one day. I personally have no problem playing in these but I'm curious as to the best way to prepare or even how much fun you guys have playing two rounds in one day.

I'm curious if for me it would be more beneficial to play two balls during one round or finish one round and go play the next. I know I can try both and see/feel the differences but with the cold weather all I can do is prepare/ponder.

On a good or even bad day do you enjoy playing two rounds in one day? Would walking both rounds be best to prepare for the summer heat and beyond?

You're a young guy. Play all damn day. I'd kill to be able to do that.

I often play 36 or more in a day. I love it. If you can handle walking it, I say play as much as you can. That's what I try to do since I love golfing, and I'm sure you do too.

Best way to prepare for playing 36 holes in 1 day, is to play 36 holes in 1 day haha
I like days where I can go to the course and get 27 or 36 holes in. It's usually a pretty fun day

Dude, just go play and you'll find out real fast if it's something you want to do on the regular. I usually only play 36 when its an organized outing or my boys are in town. Its fun but draining. 18-lunch-18. walking would be great! but that is a 10 mile walk with at least 160 swings..hehehe

It's not a big deal man, a little lunch break with a healthy meal and you're set. Staying in the moment is key, don't think about how many holes are left.

--
tapatalk

When I play 36 I use some energy bars before and after every 9 to keep my energy leveled. Also a good not to heavy lunch would do to if you are going to walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eat something between rounds so you give yourself a good 30-45 minute break before you jump back on.

I go out often and play 36 a day from April through October or so. I always walk, so depending on the heat will dictate how my legs feel on the last 9.

- LOTS of water
- Have protein snacks with you. Apples and bananas are also easy, low mess snacks.
- If walking, I definitely recommend a push cart

Try to take a break as Nate said to just give your legs a rest.

I can only do it riding now, I just cannot push myself to walk a second 18. As stated stay hybrated, have plenty of snacks and stop at the turn and rest a bit before heading out for the second 18. Enjoy, I still regularly play 27 in a day riding and will occasionally play the full 18 twice.

Playing 36 is great. The only downside is if the rounds are slow.

If you are going to walk, I recommend walking 18, riding 18. The course I play has a lot of hills and my back gets tired after 18 or so. It definitely affects my game down the stretch.

I love playing 36 holes! I actual prefer it even. If the pace of play is consistent, this is such a fun way to spend the day. Play, eat lunch, play, go home. It is tough to prepare for, especially if the courses are waking only, but playing consistently before you play 36 is the best preparation.

I played 36 enough in 2011 that when it was only 18 I never felt like it was over.

Best way to prepare for playing 36 holes in 1 day, is to play 36 holes in 1 day haha
I like days where I can go to the course and get 27 or 36 holes in. It's usually a pretty fun day

Sound advice.

As I get older, it gets harder and harder for me to play that much. If I have a good round, I'm usually mentally spent after it.

I would play the first round early, like at sun up. Take a nice break, eat a good lunch and then go back out when you feel ready. Maybe by playing 27 her or there you can build up your endurance and then play all 18 after a couple go rounds! Good luck dude!

I am 54 and I play 36 holes on a regular basis.
You'll find the more you do it, the easier it gets.
Of course, if you play two balls in a round, you won't get the same amount of walking.
Have fun !!

I'm 48, and play 36 quite often in the Summer....walk almost exclusively. I just try and eat something between rounds, and not drink too much beer until afterwards.....:D

I would love to, but my wife would kill me if I tried to play 36 holes.

I play 27 holes every now and then. There's a course up here that has 3 different 9s. I just go to the gym almost everyday.

I really have to prepare myself the only issue I really have is money and the place

I'm also 48 and I play 36 whenever I get the chance. After the first 18 I can get a bit tired and start mishitting for a while but then I seem to get a second wind. I think it is because I am trying to still go full strength for a while and my muscles are just too tired for that. Then I settle down and start hitting better again. That seems to be the key for me, once I get tired, stop trying to kill the ball. But I go straight through without taking a break between rounds if I am by myself and I never walk it. I'm way too out of shape to walk 36.

You can do it but don't wait until a tournament, riding 36 is easy but get some practice rounds to get familiar with the time frame .

I am 63 and have been playing 36 frequently for years, doing stuff like playing 18 at one course then 18 at a different course in a different state (which takes planning.) A couple of summers ago, I played Hawktree in Bismarck, SD, really early then jumped in the car and drove about 2.5 hours to Bully Pulpit and played, finishing before dark then drove back to Bismarck.

It does start to wear on me after the second round of the second day or first round of the third day but that may be age related?

I would say definitely practice the 2 rounds consecutively if you are going to be doing it in a tourney. If I am out in non-peak times and playing by myself, or possibly stuck behind a slow group that won't let me/us ahead, I'll play two balls at the same time. It's not going to do much to prepare you for doing 2 consecutive rounds, but is great for practice/fun. If I have the time, and play 1 round early and get to 18 and there is no lineup at 1, I'll often play a second 18. If the 1st round was slow, I usually won't unless I'm playing really well. I find that I shoot better scores playing consecutive rounds rather than concurrent. Really the only time I find concurrent rounds helpful to the round is if I have a bad drive the 1st one, then the 2nd is usually much better.

takes me 30 holes to get warmed up, so 36 is a must!

Back