Farmers Insurance Open (Spoilers)

That was fun, tough to watch, but fun.

I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but I thought at the time that stanley should have gone for the green in 2 on 18 his first go 'round. Faherty was saying jestfully that he was going to body check stanley if he hit anything more than an 8; but my thought process was, if you can safely carry the pond, just go for it, then you're taking the big number out of play because your hitting 3 from greenside and you take the water out of play.

Feel bad for the kid, he was walking a tightrope the entire back 9 and made a series of big putts and ballsy pars only to give it all away in one fell swoop. that sucks

What Stanley will be second guessing is why he layer up to begin with...if he would have hit the 3 wood over the green the first time he makes bogey at worst and wins by 2..... His wedge game is not his strength and it bit him in the butt.

Even though I had Sneds on my fantasy team and he is one of my favorite players, I felt sorry for Stanley. He was in shock at the presentation and rightfully so. Hopefully he will bounce back and have a win this year.

I don't know if anybody else ever listened to the 'solid verbal' college football podcast, but they have a term for teams that snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and that term is called "clemsoning". I find it amusing that stanley is from clemson and what he did today was a textbook definition of clemsoning yourself.

Just finished. That was so sad. I feel for Stanley especially since his third onto 18 wasn't a bad shot.

uh oh it appears im going to be coughing up some of that lead

ddxu will close the gap some. He extended the lead on me a bit this weekend and we both had Sned in there and had solid weekends. Very long road though!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Looks like I might have gotten about 64 points the final round and 146 for the tournament unless they change things. Bot totals are highs for me in the Fantasy League. I'll still be way down the list, but not quite as far.

Looks like I might have gotten about 64 points the final round and 146 for the tournament unless they change things. Bot totals are highs for me in the Fantasy League. I'll still be way down the list, but not quite as far.

I misfigured mine....looks like 76 points for today and 160 for the tournament...I'll take that

If I am counting right I'm down an little bit with 62 points today and 142 total.

I've got the whopping total of 96 for the week. Lol.

Stanley's interview basically summed it up. I don't really know what to say. You don't really know how to feel about the situation until you've lived it. I hope he gets better from this. He's an amazing talent. Good win to Sneds though.

Standings are updated.

up to 14th in my group
not bad considering I missed the first 2 days of the first event

Another solid showing. 72 today, 160 for the tourney.

Still 2nd to ddxu in group A trailing him by 35 points I believe.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

So regret not joining until the 3rd week.

548 total points in group 3, up to 7th. 30 behind P4B.

Snedekar won because of a huge collapse and a TV tower. Stanley's going to win soon. He hits a good shot on 16, Brandt airmails the green and is saved by the TV tower. It just wasn't meant to be for Stanley.

Wow, that was pretty painful for Stanley. He never really looked in control out there from one minute to the next. Hopefully the learning curve, albeit steep, will be quick for him.

JB: if you are able to get a WITB on Snedeker, I would really enjoy seeing it. Thanks!

Just saw this on Twitter. Was all ready to go....ouch!!

506480420.jpg

Back