KBS Custom Series Shafts - PGA Show Video

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP got a chance to chat with KBS about a product that we know a lot of people were interested in when we put a teaser up a few weeks back. Well in person, they are spectacular and here is all the info.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15847

Nice interview with Eric. It was really cool to hear that the finish is just as durable as graphite shafts. Interested to hear if there is an upcharge for this offering and what the typical turnaround time is for them once you have ordered. Guessing that an OEM would have to wait to receive these from KBS before installing in your clubs and sending your way?

Nice interview! I love the idea behind these and it's fantastic that they're so durable! I will certainly be looking at these for my next irons. Thanks for the awesome coverage THP!

JB I don't think you know what subtle means. I want these very badly. KBS fits me very well and I love the white.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

If I got new irons these would be at the top of my list.

I love my KBS Tour shafts! The white shafts look really good; might have to upgrade.

Great interview JB. This will be something to follow with the new finish with the polyurethane coating. Interested to know the flex additive they came up with to with stand the punishment the shaft sustains through the swing and impact.

Great interview JB. I think KBS knows what people want. A little way to make the clubs YOURS.

Tapaway!

Always nice to have choices. KBS makes such a smooth feeling and popular shaft so I am sure these are going to be a hit.

This adds another nice level of customization. The white is very appealing.

Maybe the white shafts look better in person but they don't appeal to me as much as the black or grey ones do

Cool option to have available. I'd like to see them in person.

I have to see if I can get these in my Bridgestone Pocket Cavities, the Silver Pearl with Green Pure Grips might be the combo of the year!

I have to see if I can get these in my Bridgestone Pocket Cavities, the Silver Pearl with Green Pure Grips might be the combo of the year!
I was thinking the same thing Freddie, the Silver or White pearl in the DPCs would be hot!

I'm so glad these were at the show, the teaser post awhile back about knocked me out of my chair. That white finish is so perfect but the black is great as well, one will be mine.

--
tapatalk

So when you order KBS Tour shafts you can choose to have the finish added? Or do you just order the shafts b/c they're prefinished per se? How much extra do they cost? Very informative interview and thanks to Eric for taking some time out to discuss these shafts.

Not sure on cost yet, but will soon. When you get your fitting or order your clubs, you will have the opportunity to add finishes at that time.

Not sure on cost yet, but will soon. When you get your fitting or order your clubs, you will have the opportunity to add finishes at that time.

Ok, so it's not like there will be KBS tour shafts stocked in these finishes. It's an actually coating process that takes place after order? I'm just trying to understand.

Ok, so it's not like there will be KBS tour shafts stocked in these finishes. It's an actually coating process that takes place after order? I'm just trying to understand.

That's what I took away from the video as well. Can't imagine the turn around being increased much.

--
tapatalk

Im sure with 3 finishes that the coating has been completed on tons of shafts and then when an order comes, and the clubs are built, the shafts are installed.

Does the finish add any weight to the shaft or is it very minuscule?

--
tapatalk

Does the finish add any weight to the shaft or is it very minuscule?

--
tapatalk

According to them, minuscule.

Im sure with 3 finishes that the coating has been completed on tons of shafts and then when an order comes, and the clubs are built, the shafts are installed.

Gotcha. That's cool. I wonder how much extra it does cost. I can't imagine very much. I like the Silver Pearl a lot. It looks like a wicked matte finish to a steel shaft.

These shafts looked insanely good up close. I reckon I'd play these just for looks alone lol.

can you imagine the black shafts with a black set of irons? I can...

These shafts looked insanely good up close. I reckon I'd play these just for looks alone lol.

Back