What is your career low round and where was it?

I shot an 81 a few years ago at Timber Lake in Moberly, MO. And then I developed a bad case of the S word that lasted months, and I haven't been able to visit there again. My goal this year is to break 80 and make get to where I can do it consistently.

I've shot even par 72 a few times at my home course but not for a couple of years.

My low round was 68 at my old "home course" in Mt. Vernon, OH (Hiawatha GC). I shot 32 on the front and closed with a 36 that included a triple-bogey 7. One of my only two rounds in the 60's. Ahhhh, those were the days....

66! I hit 9/9 gir's on the front and 6/9 on the back. Par 3's killed me!

65 (-5) on par 70 - Grass Greens Golf Club - Jesup, GA - where I grew up, no longer exists

67 in a high school match, same course

66 (-6) on a number of par 72 courses

31 on 9 holes many times - once I sank birdie on the 8th to go -5, and with par 5 9th I was chipping for eagle and 29 - tried so hard to jam it in that I went a bit long and parred for 31, only later realized how I missed golden op for career best 30.

79 last year my last 2 rounds of the year. Figured i'd end the season while i was ahead! I'm hoping to get that around a 74-75 this year. at fairways of woodside golf course.

In my competive golf days:
65 (-5) on the course I grew up on, Clovis Muni, which is no longer open. That was in '87. I can't remember if I had witnesses to that. Also shot a 30 (-5) once and had 2 friends that were on the h.s. team with me with me. The sun was setting and I didn't have time for another 9.

Also shot a 65 (-7, by myself) on one of the courses at Fort Benning, GA, back in '95.

In my husband/dad/full-time worker days: I think it's a 71, last year. I need to recheck my GHIN once I re-up on my annual dues.

74 (par 72) at Chennault Park.

My lowest at my home course on the white tees (67.8/123) is 67, on the blue tees (70.2/132) is 71 several times, on the gold tees (72.2/137) twice. Lowest at an away course that I can remember is 76 on several courses, River Islands in Tennessee, Veterans in Cordele GA, and a course in Florida that I don't remember the name of. Of those Veterans is by far the toughest, it has some pretty challenging par 4s.

My lowest nines at home are 32 and 31 so that means there is a 63 in there somewhere, yep thinking about shooting my age...:D

I shot a -1, 71 at Gibson Bay Golf Course, in Richmond, KY (7113 yards, 74.1 rating, 128 slope). Had to birdie 16 to get back under par, then hang on and par the final two holes.

Shot -4, 32 for low 9 hole round at Tates Creek golf Course, Lexington, KY. It should have been even lower. I had a chip and a putt both lip out for birdies and I hit every fairway and 8/9 greens.

I shot a 70 (-2) on the Silver Course at the Air Force Academy. I eagled the final hole for my only round ever under par.

Went back there last fall , ten years later, and shot even on the Blue (tougher) Course. I knew I had a good round going, but didn't want to look at the scorecard. I doubled the 17th and then birdied the 18th. Needless to say I was pretty upset about my tee shot on the 17th when I talied everything up.

My lowest "reported" round was 72 (E) at Wildewood Country Club in Columbia, SC. 33 (-3) front and 39 (+3) back. I really started to think about my score on the back nine, and I just missed a birdie putt on the 18th hole for a sub-par round. (For anyone who has played the course, I was above the hole, making it an almost impossible putt.) I played that round with my dad, which made it extra special.

I also broke par when I played at Columbia Country Club by myself. (I worked at the course one summer and was able to play all the time.) I shot a 70 (-1) playing two of the three nine-hole courses. Obviously, the round counts, but I don't mention it much because I was playing by myself.

Last edited:
A 92 on a course outside of Cross Plains, Tx. Much of that is because I played that course about 3 times a week that summer and knew every blade of grass by name. LOL.

I'll give a few 'best rounds' just because I think each is in a category all its own.

9-hole courses/rounds
+1 32 at Corydon Golf Course.
+3 39 at The Preserve at Honey Creek

18 hole courses/rounds

+10 82 at the Preserve at Honey Creek

I'm hoping to beat my personal best at Corydon Golf Course this year.

~Rock

Man we've got some good golfers on THP!!

Shot 83 last year @ the Eagle Creek Golf Club in Indy. Yes, I am not one of the good golfers Chunky referenced above.

Shot 83 last year @ the Eagle Creek Golf Club in Indy. Yes, I am not one of the good golfers Chunky referenced above.

Don't sell yourself short. I play with a bunch of people who would give almost anything to shoot an 83.

Played at a local course that was only 5800 from the tips and was a par 69. I shot a 70.

For 9 holes a -1 35 that included 4 birdies in a row (holes 11-14) at Sandridge Golf Club in Vero Beach, where my low 18 is also, a 79, including my first ever eagle) in a county tournament. Also shot a 79 where I worked this summer which was more memorable, chipped in for eagle on 18 to shoot 79, and played that round in under 2 hours, good stuff!

I shot a 57 once at pyongyang golf club. I was playing with kim jong il. He was marking the card.

I shot a 57 once at pyongyang golf club. I was playing with kim jong il. He was marking the card.

Really?????

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

On a par 69 course I shot a 72 when I was 17 or 16 maybe. I was so proud of myself.

Last year at my home course I had a span of about 5 rounds in a row where I had a combined total of +2 only on the front 9 and something like +26 on the back 9. I don't know what it was but it was just terrible playing on the back. Finally, I put my career low there together shooting +1 +1 for a 73.

my record low was at RedTail Golf Club in Beaverton Oregon, shot 71 with 22 putts i believe. 34 on the front and 37 on the back, two chip-in-birdies on 8 and 9, birdie on 18 with a 290 yd drive. only lost 1 ball. was (and still am) 15 years old. it was my 2nd time in a matter of two days shooting in the 70's. the day before, i shot 79 on the same course. 2 days before, i shot 82 (same course). havn't ever shot in the 70's except for those two days. glad to be an Oregonian :)

Back