The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bitten by a dog today. Got a scrape and a small wound on my left leg. Not bad or anything, but it hurt like hell when it happened, and figuratively shocked the crap out of me. I was inspecting a house and when the owner lets me in there's a yellow lab, Irish wolf hound, and some black mutt thing about 3/4 the size of the lab.

I'm following the lady into the kitchen and we're talking. The three dogs are milling around and wham. The black one clamps on to my leg. I'm like wtc lady? "Oh no, did she nip you?" I'm all like,"No, she didn't nip me, she bit me." Then she's like, "Well, she had puppies on Monday and they're downstairs. She's a foster dog from the humane society, and I've only had her a couple days."

She seemed to think it was not that big of a deal. 23 years I've been going into people's houses, and I love dogs, and this is fist time I've ever really been bitten, aside from tiny fur balls nipping at my pants legs.

Seems to me if you have a mother dog that even you don't know, it might be prudent to keep it confined when a stranger enters your home. I hope it bites her.

Kevin

So we have a huge racial matter going on around my town(Dover) and now I don't even feel comfortable going to class tomorrow. Thankfully it's just the one class but my rant is pretty much why do we live in the world we do. Thank goodness my spring break is next week

Esox, that sucks. And it will bite her. Mark my words.

I was bitten by a dog today. Got a scrape and a small wound on my left leg. Not bad or anything, but it hurt like hell when it happened, and figuratively shocked the crap out of me. I was inspecting a house and when the owner lets me in there's a yellow lab, Irish wolf hound, and some black mutt thing about 3/4 the size of the lab.

I'm following the lady into the kitchen and we're talking. The three dogs are milling around and wham. The black one clamps on to my leg. I'm like wtc lady? "Oh no, did she nip you?" I'm all like,"No, she didn't nip me, she bit me." Then she's like, "Well, she had puppies on Monday and they're downstairs. She's a foster dog from the humane society, and I've only had her a couple days."

She seemed to think it was not that big of a deal. 23 years I've been going into people's houses, and I love dogs, and this is fist time I've ever really been bitten, aside from tiny fur balls nipping at my pants legs.

Seems to me if you have a mother dog that even you don't know, it might be prudent to keep it confined when a stranger enters your home. I hope it bites her.

Kevin

You should make her pay for a tetanus shot. Better make sure the thing doesn't have rabies.

You should make her pay for a tetanus shot. Better make sure the thing doesn't have rabies.

I'm good on tetanus, and though it broke the skin, it didn't tear my pants. Pissed me off more than anything.

Kevin

No shot, dog bite.

"You said your dog doesn't bite."

"It's not my dog."

Kevin

I've wrote 3 different things about a dog reference and just can't force myself to hit the send button.

I have buyers remorse. Shorts shouldn't cost 60 bucks a pair.

There's this golf shop in town. It SHOULD be the BEST golf shop in town. The BEST. It's located at the best driving range. You can demo clubs on the range. I can't think of another shop in town that has the advantage of being on an awesome driving range.

Why do I feel like an outsider when I go in there? Be passionate about golf/golf equipment. Just talk to me! Make conversation. I feel like they ignore me because they think I won't buy anything. I wonder how many others feel the same way. I've bought three stinking drivers from these people in the past. I wouldn't mind supporting my locals, but Blind9 is much nicer and has much better prices.

There's this golf shop in town. It SHOULD be the BEST golf shop in town. The BEST. It's located at the best driving range. You can demo clubs on the range. I can't think of another shop in town that has the advantage of being on an awesome driving range.

Why do I feel like an outsider when I go in there? Be passionate about golf/golf equipment. Just talk to me! Make conversation. I feel like they ignore me because they think I won't buy anything. I wonder how many others feel the same way. I've bought three stinking drivers from these people in the past. I wouldn't mind supporting my locals, but Blind9 is much nicer and has much better prices.

There is a shop in Columbia, MO kind of like that. You walk in and they look at you like you are a space alien. Even if I WASN'T in the market to buy new sticks, or a bag, or whatever, grab a product, come up to me and tell me about it. Even if it's not the right product for me, I may want to know more about another line that is better suited for me. Instead, they stand at the counter and either watch golf on tv, or talk to the other workers about their golf game. I go into a Dick's or GG and I have 5 people stopping by to say hey, asking if I need help finding something and telling me about store specials. Sometimes it's overkill. Sometimes its nice to just be treated like a customer and have them want to actually sell you something.

There is a shop in Columbia, MO kind of like that. You walk in and they look at you like you are a space alien. Even if I WASN'T in the market to buy new sticks, or a bag, or whatever, grab a product, come up to me and tell me about it. Even if it's not the right product for me, I may want to know more about another line that is better suited for me. Instead, they stand at the counter and either watch golf on tv, or talk to the other workers about their golf game. I go into a Dick's or GG and I have 5 people stopping by to say hey, asking if I need help finding something and telling me about store specials. Sometimes it's overkill. Sometimes its nice to just be treated like a customer and have them want to actually sell you something.

Exactly. In this place I almost feel like I'm not part of the "clique." There's one guy who seems new because he came and talked to me. The others just seem too good or like they don't care.

Now I don't want to be the type who wants help, but refuses to ask for help and gets mad. I just want them to talk to me. Make conversation and act like they care,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my work is seriously cutting into my THP time this last couple of weeks. it sucks :( at least our office move is getting closer and things should be a little mellower after that hopefully.

Changed banks. Put in for my direct deposit last Monday (11 days). And no doughski today! Grrrr

why doesnt my phones alarm have a snooze... hahaha uggh

Every smoke detector in my house went off at 1:45 am I thought it was the alarm at first so I went into shoot and ask no questions later mode. Found out it appears to be a breaker switch gone bad. Hope so anyway. But why couldn't it have gone bad at 8:00 pm instead. I couldn't go back to sleep so what did I do....jumped on THP.

TapAhoy!

I'm in meetings from 8:30-2 today. Who does that on a Friday? #inconsideratecoworkers

I'm in meetings from 8:30-2 today. Who does that on a Friday? #inconsideratecoworkers

That is a valid rant for sure, I always liked to slip away a little early for golf on Fridays before I retired.

Snow melted this week. Supposed to snow today. Lame.

Changed banks. Put in for my direct deposit last Monday (11 days). And no doughski today! Grrrr

I have been with the same bank for about 35 years - had not even considered this happening to someone, that sucks Matty

My old Training LT who is now a 1st deputy chief at the fire department i work at, lost his balance at dinner the other night at work and went to the hospital after running some tests he found out he has a cancerous brain tumor and now has found out its terminal and he has 12-14 months tops. Guy is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He's in his mid 40s and has a 7 year old son. Sometimes i just don't get why things happen to such great people that don't deserve anything but the best from life... Its been really hard wrapping my head around it all especially due to the fact that my fathers been fighting liver cancer for over a year now. Its really scary seeing all these people that i care so much about suffering with this disease. Also has me thinking about what the hell im breathing in at fires and the high risk of me getting cancer due to my job and my family history. Guess i'm gonna get checked this month at my annual physical since ill be turning 30. Just some scary sad stuff.

My old Training LT who is now a 1st deputy chief at the fire department i work at, lost his balance at dinner the other night at work and went to the hospital after running some tests he found out he has a cancerous brain tumor and now has found out its terminal and he has 12-14 months tops. Guy is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He's in his mid 40s and has a 7 year old son. Sometimes i just don't get why things happen to such great people that don't deserve anything but the best from life... Its been really hard wrapping my head around it all especially due to the fact that my fathers been fighting liver cancer for over a year now. Its really scary seeing all these people that i care so much about suffering with this disease. Also has me thinking about what the hell im breathing in at fires and the high risk of me getting cancer due to my job and my family history. Guess i'm gonna get checked this month at my annual physical since ill be turning 30. Just some scary sad stuff.

Buck, that is absolutely heartbreaking. I've lost my father to cancer, as well as a few good friends of mine, and I know a little bit of how you feel. It's just not fair that good people have to be struck by this evil disease.

Wow Buck, that's so sad to hear. Poor guy with what seem's like everything going for him including a young family and now this. I'm so sorry to hear it. I myself went through a brain tumor when I was in my early 30's, but all came out well. My thoughts and prayers are headed to him, his family and friends.

Sorry to read this Buck, I lost both parents to cancer and I really hate the disease, prayers lifted for all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back