The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the suffering of animals. You can call me a soft hearted liberal if you want, but it infuriates me. I have had to mercy kill a few animals in my life and I cry each time.

I was hunting a few years ago and I shot a deer in the spine because it ducked its head. It was trying to run from me on its two front legs as was bleating in fear. I was crying as I stood over her and shot her in the heart. I know that this is just a natural part of life for an animal, but it still doesn't ease the hurt for them in my heart.

What brings this up is that someone told me of a goose who had its wing broken and some golfers were just making fun of it. How can you not sympathize with a living beings pain? If I cut your arm off, how would you feel?

Buddy, I am not ashamed to say I am right there with you. I just don't have the wiring to harm an animal or kill one. I had to give up deer hunting because of it, I just never felt right. One morning, I was getting out of my stand, hadn't seen a damn thing all morning, and this doe walked right up on me as I was halfway down my tree, I mean she couldn't have been half a 60 degree wedge in front of me. I think I was 14 at the time. I could have dropped this doe, no questions asked. She just stood there, looking at me. I guarantee, she stood there watching me, for at least 15 minutes. I finally was able to just prop my gun up against the tree and lean back against it. She sat there and watched me for another 5 minutes or so and finally took off. I couldn't do it that day, when it was right there, I didn't see me having any fun with it going forward, so I quit hunting.

I'll wait for superhawk to post about it.

Beast mode from tapatalk

There are 877 guests on this site right now. Why not just join? I never understood lurking on a message board. Go to the site for information but the point of a message board is for interaction. If you are a guest and reading this, join. We don't bite. We always love having new people and new points of view.
It's a solid rant, but just the way of all message boards. There is almost always a high ratio of guests to members.

I refuse to bump the freebirdie thread so I'll just come in here to complain.

haha, I agree with you bro. I for the life of me can not understand why you would allow for a site to poo on you, then help them out by posting another contest. sometimes free isnt worth it.

If Frank is against it, I'm against it.

They're annoying as hell, but you gotta admire the kid's persistence. Dude was fired up over that driver contest and goes right back to them for shoes. I know I didnt have much cash when i was in HS. However, I'd rather put in 3 hours a week to cut some lawns & earn enough cash for the shoes then spend 3 hours a week trying to talk people into signing up for a contest one MAY win.

haha, I agree with you bro. I for the life of me can not understand why you would allow for a site to poo on you, then help them out by posting another contest. sometimes free isnt worth it.

Attention?

If Frank is against it, I'm against it.

I think it's about time we team back up.

Honestly, I don't even know what it is. It sounds like serious business though.

They're annoying as hell, but you gotta admire the kid's persistence. Dude was fired up over that driver contest and goes right back to them for shoes. I know I didnt have much cash when i was in HS. However, I'd rather put in 3 hours a week to cut some lawns & earn enough cash for the shoes then spend 3 hours a week trying to talk people into signing up for a contest one MAY win.

I completely agree. I have worked since I was 14.

Honestly, I don't even know what it is. It sounds like serious business though.

oh yeah, it is...haha

I don't admire it at all. It's spamming the board for personal gain in my opinion.

I refuse to bump the freebirdie thread so I'll just come in here to complain.

I refuse to even open that thread!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I don't admire it at all. It's spamming the board for personal gain in my opinion.

I am ok with that personally. Just the fact its freebirdie.

lets be honest. How many people spam the board for personal gain? We should! you call your family and friends for help and quite frankly I see a lot of the people here as friends. Some are even family.

edit: we all have been gulity of helping others asking for help. So, I disagree with your statement. Sorry Smallie

Had to get a bunch of blood drawn/tests done today and I almost conked out. Wasn't a fun experience and apparently I'm a sissy, haha.

It's a solid rant, but just the way of all message boards. There is almost always a high ratio of guests to members.

Fantastic chunkyresponse.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Ummm, who scheduled Easter on Masters weekend? I'm supposed to be travelling and that just pissed me off.

Good news is you can at least download the Masters app and listen to Masters radio, ie live play by play coverage. Makes travel time a lot less awful when you at least know what's going on.

Paypal. I've been trying to send a payment since late last week and it gives me an error message every time. Pre-order a putter cover and it works perfectly. So now I'm thinking oh good they got it fixed, go to send the payment and nope, still not sending. WTCMF!!

I got selected for jury duty. I guess answering questions intelligently in the selection process goes a long way. Probably 2 days....

Golf tomorrow? Yep!!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I got selected for jury duty. I guess answering questions intelligently in the selection process goes a long way. Probably 2 days....

Golf tomorrow? Yep!!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I showed up late for selection process. I was moved to the back of the queue and never had to answer any questions. Did this 2 days in a row and it worked both days. I win.

Edit: I should say that the selection process took 2 days. No jury for me.

I showed up late for selection process. I was moved to the back of the queue and never had to answer any questions. Did this 2 days in a row and it worked both days. I win.

I got called in week after Christmas. Just 1 trial scheduled and I was lucky enough to be 3 from the end of the line. They went through like 40 people and I was getting worried.

Golf tomorrow? Yep!!

Tappin' from the iPhone!
That sucks! Fortunately for me, I just play the "I work in Health Care and cant miss work" card.

IT IS BRICK IN MY OFFICE!!! My God. TURN OFF THE DAMN AC.

Car rental companies can shove it. 1500$ surcharge for being under 25? Go @#$! yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back