The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I never understood the gripe about slow play. Just chill and relax. That's my philosophy at least.

It sucks. Especially if you are a faster tempo player. Standing over a shot for 5 minutes isn't fun and gives the swing and mental gremlins plenty of time to fester and kick around. I played a 5 and a half hour round last year in 100 degree temps. I honestly thought I was going to go on a killing spree about the time we hit 14th tee.

Same attitude when you're sitting in traffic?

--
Tapatalk2

No. Because I don't enjoy driving as much as I do golfing. If I'm golfing I'm just happy to be outside and doing what I enjoy most. I've played a 6.5 hour round before. It was fun.

Really? I never understood the gripe about slow play. Just chill and relax. That's my philosophy at least.

Same here.. I guess maybe if i was by myself but golf is as much about hanging out with other people as it is hitting the ball.. At least that is my opinion being a beginner.

Slow play is one thing, 4 1/2 hours is slow play. Getting close to 6 is flat out unbareable. I'm just not a patient person in general I guess, but when you are waiting 5-10 minutes between every shot, I just completely lose focus and interest.

Golf is meant to be played in 4 hours. Personally playing as a foursome I prefer to be much closer to 3 hours, but 4 hours is bearable. I just don't see what can make it take close to 5. And anything over 5 is just beyond ridiculous.

It sucks. Especially if you are a faster tempo player. Standing over a shot for 5 minutes isn't fun and gives the swing and mental gremlins plenty of time to fester and kick around. I played a 5 and a half hour round last year in 100 degree temps. I honestly thought I was going to go on a killing spree about the time we hit 14th tee.

Boom! Idle hands and minds are a killer on the course. Down time between every shots kills any flow you get into and seemingly makes those bad shots even worse.

No. Because I don't enjoy driving as much as I do golfing. If I'm golfing I'm just happy to be outside and doing what I enjoy most. I've played a 6.5 hour round before. It was fun.

You've got a sick idea of fun but more power to you.

--
Tapatalk2

If slow play was enjoyable, and wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be a rule against it and people like Jack Nicklaus wouldn't be trying to figure out on their courses, how to make golf more enjoyable and FASTER for people. It's a problem on tour, right down to the public tracks most of us play.

Pertinent to this topic: people can play fast on the PGA Tour! From this morning on the PGA Tour Twitter feed:
"Sean O'Hair is already done with his final round at RBC Heritage. He teed off as single and shot 73, playing in one hour, 55 minutes."

You've got a sick idea of fun but more power to you.

--
Tapatalk2

I just walk slowly and enjoy it. Put more thought into my next shot. Maybe lay down if it's nice out.

I think as you get older, and more responsibilities are waiting for you, your perspective on this might change.

I think as you get older, and more responsibilities are waiting for you, your perspective on this might change.

Probably. Right now if I'm out golfing I usually have nothing else to do. So I take my time.

This. I have things to take care of at home and for work, slow play is not an option...nor is it in any way shape or form fun for me personally.

Slow play is one thing, 4 1/2 hours is slow play.

I hope you never come up here Wake. Even on the nicer tracks, 3.5 hours is fast (like first off in the morning fast), 4 to 4.5 is standard and 5 is standard on the weekends except at private clubs.

I hope you never come up here Wake. Even on the nicer tracks, 3.5 hours is fast (like first off in the morning fast), 4 to 4.5 is standard and 5 is standard on the weekends except at private clubs.

What causes it to be slow? Overbooked, people just yaking between shots?

I'll add to the slow play rant. I have had to provide words of encouragement to the group ahead of me all day. They have finally caught up to the group ahead of them.

Tapatalk

What causes it to be slow? Overbooked, people just yaking between shots?

That's just the standard way of life out here. Hurry, hurry all week so you can show off just how casual you are on the weekends and slow everything down. Applies for everything from golf to driving down the road.

But otherwise overbooking is an issue. There's lots of golfers out here and a great number of courses have gone to 6 minute tee time spacings on the weekends, which is just asking for it right from the beginning.

I don't mind slow players, but slow play is just frustrating. Take all the time you want preparing for a shot or whatever but at least play ready golf. IE, don't go driving to every ball waiting on each person to swing. Park the cart and walk!

Dudes ahead of me are playing the tips with a 200 avg drive. We are playing the whites and I'm hitting 250 today. Booooooooo'

Tapatalk

I don't mind slow players, but slow play is just frustrating. Take all the time you want preparing for a shot or whatever but at least play ready golf. IE, don't go driving to every ball waiting on each person to swing. Park the cart and walk!

This! None of the other stuff matters when people are educated enough to play ready golf.

slow play sucks.... we had to play the front 9 twice yesterday cause the group ahead of the THP groups was brutally slow. I think they should teach ready golf to everyone before rounds like you need to pass a test to play on the course! lol that would be funny. sorry you got a D+ im not gonna be able to let you out today but feel free to hit the range or study for the exam for next time.

See below.

Same attitude when you're sitting in traffic?

--
Tapatalk2
Great comparison.

Exactly! Damaikis, when you get a bit older you will understand, but me spending 6+ hours out on the golf course on a Sunday takes up the majority of the day, and there is much more to do, especially when you have a family.

See below.

Great comparison.

Exactly! Damaikis, when you get a bit older you will understand, but me spending 6+ hours out on the golf course on a Sunday takes up the majority of the day, and there is much more to do, especially when you have a family.

Exactly, I have to have very careful planning to fit a 4 hour round into my day, a 6 hour round simply doesn't fit! A round of golf should NEVER take over 4.5 hours.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a chainsaw. I had to hack up a chunk of a tree that fell with a damn hacksaw and some loppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back