What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one over from the front tees today lol

took my instructors boyfriends kid out on the course while she was giving lessons
so i basically babysat/played with him to kill some time
kid had his very first par today... it was epic

Good shooting! My numbers have been similar but shooting 75-82 range for a while now but I feel your pain! It has been forever since I made more than a putt or two per round. And a boat load of three putts thrown in for good measure. I haven't got to play in three days but have putted in between rain showers several times, find out tomorrow if anything helped. Frustrations of the flat stick continued...

It's awful Don. I feel like 40-45% of my strokes are with the wretched flat stick.

I'm starting to get frustrated Jake. I mean, I can be realistic and accept that hitting more GIRs typically equates to more putts but I had some excellent chances today that just weren't even close. Easy pars but I'm just not scoring.

I bet it will come around. My putting tends to go in streaks; I will go a few rounds just burning edges and not getting anything to fall, and then all of a sudden I can't miss for a while. A couple weeks ago, I had 6 birdies in a round - a personal best - but then I only had 1 birdie in the next 3 rounds. I am making some good par putts after missing greens, but not really coming close on my birdie putts. I know it will come back around for me.

44/40 87 today. Played Jackrabbit Run in GI today for the first time in several years. 6417 yards, I wouldn't call it overly hard unless you include no sprinklers marked for some damn reason. Pretty solid overall second round, but missed too many greens on the front. 17 putts front / 10 putts back, haha. I chipped in once and putted in another from the fringe.

Shot a 2 over 37. Bogey on Hole #1, and hole #9. Bogeys a direct result from flubbed chip shots. Winds gusting from 35km/hr to 50km/hr. Made for some tricky play, but +27 celcius and a bit of wind made it quite nice.

On the bright side, my putting really came back around today. 14 putts today. Sinking putts with speed and authority again. Really made my day.

Snuck out of work early and played 18 this afternoon. I hit the ball pretty good, but my putting was horrible! I had 4 three putts and a 4 putt...it was ugly. I hit a beautiful high 85 yard wedge to 4 feet and then 3 putted from there!! The greens had just been verticut and they were hard and fast....but still!

Shot 43/46 for 89 with 38 putts....yep 38...21 of those on the back 9.

It's awful Don. I feel like 40-45% of my strokes are with the wretched flat stick.

Same here, it gets discouraging to start counting the missed opportunities. I played a big tournament last week and missed qualifying after two days by 10 putts uh make that 10 strokes. I gave up at least ten strokes over those two rounds with the putter. Part of it may be putting on 4 different courses in the last week or so, all with good greens but all different. I'm telling myself it will make me a better putter. Delusional? probably.

I bet it will come around. My putting tends to go in streaks; I will go a few rounds just burning edges and not getting anything to fall, and then all of a sudden I can't miss for a while. A couple weeks ago, I had 6 birdies in a round - a personal best - but then I only had 1 birdie in the next 3 rounds. I am making some good par putts after missing greens, but not really coming close on my birdie putts. I know it will come back around for me.

Me too, streaky putter. My buddy's son played at Alabama and is now on minitours. We told him the same stuff, how we are streaky putter, etc. He told us that was another term for BAD putter. :curse: We laughed then got to work trying to improve. Heck, I'm going to make them all tomorrow.

47 with 20 putts and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Hit the ball pretty well on the last 5 holes.

87 with 2 birdies. Moving slightly in the right direction.

Free golf today! My pro is taking a group to play the River Course across the Savannah River in North Augusta, SC. It's a good track that I have only played once several years back just after it opened. I remember it having several long carries over water but being a fairly open course, right next to the river but the river is never in play. It's hard to beat free golf!

47 with 20 putts and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Hit the ball pretty well on the last 5 holes.

any F7 sweetness?

86 this a.m. @ Laurentide. 45 back- 41 front. So nice to get out.

Shot a 47 yesterday with 4 GIR's, also 3 3 putts, was trying out the Odyssey White Ice #1 again I just don't think that putter is for me. Only had 1 blow up hole trying to pull off miracle shots.

+8, 80. Tough day, tough course, lots of wind, tough pins, tough greens, tough...tough. A bit off in my tempo and you've got little margin for error. Cut is +4 or thereabouts.

It was another tough putting day for me with 35 putts and 4 three-putts plus 3 short misses on the two-putt holes. The bright spots were a 30 footer for birdie on 16 and 18 footer for par on 17 but turned around and three jacked 18. 80 (40, 40)

A 37/39 for a 76. Tough driving day, but my irons and short game held up very well. Thought I had an eagle off my 7 iron on the second hole, but somehow the ball didn't fall in the hole.

40 / 38 - 78

9/14 Fairways
8/18 GIR
31 Putts

Free golf, but not my best golf. Once again the tee ball was excellent, a few fairways just missed but always in excellent position. The irons started like they were going to co-operate, but at #9 I blocked a 4I approach to the par 5 just right of the green and into a hazard, and after that I seemed to be fat repeatedly. Except for one three-putt, the putter felt pretty good most of the day on the perfect greens, and when I read them right I was successful. The River Course is a Jim Fazio design, a par 71 with mini-verde greens, very nice, except they are a little too firm as courses go in this vicinity. The right leg went bad on me again mid-round, but it is really not a factor in the golf since there is absolutely no pain swinging, but walking, especially slopes, is miserable. Crazy thing is, the groin muscle did okay, it was a hip muscle that was spasmodic today. I will sure be happy to get this right hip/groin problem healed.

A very disappointing 43 (+7), considering how well I hit the ball. May have been some of the worst putting of my career. Hit both greens on the par 3s, and 3-putted both for bogey. Also hit a par 4 GIR, then 3-putted for bogey. On the bright side, it seems I gained a good club in the last week... not quite sure how, but I'll take it! :D

88 today, 44/44, played the back nine twice. This after starting the second nine double-double, and saving a bogey on a par 5 with a 20 footer. Wound up with 3 doubles on the second nine, 1 on the first. Blow up holes are KILLING me! Did have a 2-1/2 foot birdie on my 17th hole after my tee shot of the year.

39(+2) tonight. started out very well and then great golf turned into okay golf.
very happy with the way i played, but the fact that i didn't continue to play very well throughout the entire 9 holes frustrates me. started missing fairways and greens and the wedge was working well, but a couple easy putts didn't fall like they should.

Happy with a 39 +4 tonight in our league. Bogeyed the first three holes due to poor tee shots. No three jacks but missed 2 up and down opportunities. Ping i20's for the win

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

Played a bunch this weekend (no real surprise, I basically play everyday). I think my high round was a 44, low a 39. Today I went 42, 40, 38.

Still kind of inconsistant off the tee (especially the later rounds, need to work swing endurance), don't hit enough greens, don't chip consistantly enough and don't make enough putts. Don't get me wrong, I feel like I do everything reasonably ok, I just don't feel like I do it great and I definitely don't do it consistantly enough.

Had a pretty good round yesterday of 43/41. Started out windy but calmed after the turn. All in all had a good ball striking day, drives were a little errant and putting was much better (31 putts and no 3 jacks).

So my question for you guys is how to avoid those blow up holes? I was even on the back and finished double, double! I think this is my achilles to finally breaking 80!! :bad:

Shot a 88. 12 over on the front/ 4 over on back. Had an 8 on a par 5 and 7 on a par 4 on front. Only 2 pars. Back was lots better. 6 pars 2 bogeys and a double on easy par 3. All in all was happy with final score. I'm finally playing better on a consistent basis. My handicap is 19.1 now and excited to get it too 18 after next round. I played the Bridgestone e6 for the first time and I really liked it a lot. After starting golf 2 years ago, happy to be in upper 80's low 90's every time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back