Morgan Cup Equipment, what would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a good thread and makes me feel like we are doing our part to get the word out about the equipment we are playing/pondering.

I can say that I would have happily played the gear from any of the sponsors and I've had a bag from the other two built in my mind for quite some time.

I'm with you Hawk, the Classic really put me over the top by a hair.

TC, thanks broham

Lots of Cleveland love. Find that interesting . I think maybe a lot of love for the 588 Wedges and Classsic driver pushing people over the edge. Any of the three companys certainly make a great bag. The feel of the of the whole J40 line in irons and wedges are enough to put me in the Bridgestone camp.

Lots of Cleveland love. Find that interesting . I think maybe a lot of love for the 588 Wedges and Classsic driver pushing people over the edge. Any of the three companys certainly make a great bag. The feel of the of the whole J40 line in irons and wedges are enough to put me in the Bridgestone camp.

The lack of LH equipment knocks off Bridgestone for me. I have never had a ton of luck with Callaway equipment except for Odyssey putters. I have tried many different Callaway clubs over the years with not great results. That leaves Cleveland for me. They have a great LH selection and there products just flat out work great with my swing, for whatever reason.

Great thread idea Freddie. I love seeing what others would go with! I will throw mine up here in a bit.

Great thread.

For me, no contest, Cleveland:

Classic 10.5* Kusala Black
Mashie F3, F5 C Kua
Mashie+ M4 C Kua
Cleveland Black 5-PW KBS Tour S
Cleveland 588 48*, 53*, 58*
Never Compromise Gambler Royal 36"
Srixon Z Star Yellow

Cleveland:

Classic w/ Dromos
Black 3 + 7 FW w/ Dromos
588 CB 4-9
588 Custom 46* 50* 54* 58*
NC Robusto
Z Star

Bridgestone:
J40 Driver w/ PX 6.5
J40 4W w/ 6.5
J40 3h w/ 6.0
J40 CB 4-pw w/ 5.5 hardstepped
J40 50* 54* 58*
Betti (no clue, anything i was fit for)

Callaway:
Razr Fit w/ Diamana Blue
RF 3w
RXHL 3h
RX Black 4-9
Forged 48* 52* 56* 60*
ProType #9

Not really familiar with the full shaft offerings there were so these were guesses based on what others I know have.
Pick a sponsor, any sponsor, haha.

I have not had the honor of hitting all the new clubs out there from the 3 great OEM's but with that being said those Cleveland sticks would be the first one's I would run to.

Great thread.

For me, no contest, Cleveland:

Classic 10.5* Kusala Black
Mashie F3, F5 C Kua
Mashie+ M4 C Kua
Cleveland CG16 Tour 5-PW KBS Tour S
Cleveland 588 50*, 55*, 60*
Never Compromise Gambler Royal 36"

I didn't think the CG16's were available for the staffers.

Bridgestone all the way.

I love the look of the staff bags, and the I still think the B330-RX is the best ball I have ever gamed.

Driver: JP40 430 with PX 6.0, cut down to 44.5"- I haven't hit many Diamana shafts, so this could change
FWood: JP40 14* with a UST Attas shaft
Hybrid: JP40 18*, 24* UST Attas
Irons: JP40 DPC, 5-PW, DG S400
Wedges: JP40 Black Oxide 52* 56* 60*
Putter: Betrinardi BB35 Mallet

I like that bag Freddie....I think if I were a Cleveland Stafer I'd have almost the same bag set up man or really close to it

We are just under two months away form the second installment of the Morgan Cup. This years event is being held in Myrtle Beach (Pawley's island) True Blue and Caledonia. It seems all of the staffers have completed or will be completing thier bags by weeks end. Bridgestone Golf (Bettinardi Putters), Callaway Golf and Cleveland Golf /Srixon have been more than gracious in their support of the Morgan Cup. All of the staffers that will compete are being outfitted with world class gear from each of the three sponsors.

What I would like to know is how would you set up your bag if you were part of the Morgan Cup? Which of the three sponsors would like to be repped by? Pick one sponsor and the gear associatedand lets see some dream bags.

Cleveland

Classic Driver 10.5* w/ Miazaki Black stiff shaft
Mashie 3W & 5W
Cleveland Black Iron 4 - PW
588 Black Wedges 52*, 55*, 58*
NC half Mallet

Nice set up. Glad to see I'm not the only 4 wedge guy...

Bridgestone all the way.

I love the look of the staff bags, and the I still think the B330-RX is the best ball I have ever gamed.

Driver: JP40 430 with PX 6.0, cut down to 44.5"- I haven't hit many Diamana shafts, so this could change
FWood: JP40 14* with a UST Attas shaft
Hybrid: JP40 18*, 24* UST Attas
Irons: JP40 DPC, 5-PW, DG S400
Wedges: JP40 Black Oxide 52* 56* 60*
Putter: Betrinardi BB35 Mallet

I didn't think the CG16's were available for the staffers.

They were on the list along with the tour CG16 in black and chrome

Ive played and been able to hit a lot of the Cleveland stuff and been very impressed with it. So Id pick a Cleveland bag of equipment to go in the Black staff bag:

Cleveland Classic driver
Mashie F3 and F5
Mashie M3 hybrid
588 CB irons 5-PW
588 Wedges
NC putter

My 60 only gets used 3-4x a season... so I might consider dropping it and adding the missing 3h from the set.
Otherwise, my wedges have very distinct uses on the course- I can't imagine not having a PW, 52 or 56.

Nice set up. Glad to see I'm not the only 4 wedge guy...

I would have to go Bridgestone just because I like the J40 DPC's infinitely better than I like any of hte Cleveland irons. But I am also tempted by the Cleveland woods.

J40 9.5 w/ Fubuki Alpha (if available)
J40 4w w/ PX 6.5
J40 DPC 3-PW
J40 50/54/58
Unknown Betti

I would also be really happy to be a Callaway staffer. I would go to the nearby Callaway performance center and have them fit for a full bag from driver to putter that would be a great experience.

If that were the case I would be really tempted to go with
Classic 10.5 w/ Miya Black
Mashie 15.5
CG16 Tour 3-PW
588 50/54/58
Never Compromise Connoissuer Straight

Some awesome looking setups being put together. Keep them coming - it really is cool to see what others would do and may have the opportunity to do next year!

I'd go with Cleveland/Srixon,

Ball: Srixon Z-Star SL

Hybrid: Mashie 2012 4 hybrid. Stock shaft and regular flex.
Irons: CG Black 5-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850GH Stiff flex Lamkin N-Dur white/black grips
Wedges: 588 Black Pearl. 49-8 53-8 58-12 and 60-8 The 49 and 53 are custom, bent 1 degree strong. Stock shaft, regular flex. New Decade Grips
Fairway: CG Black 16 degree Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61 in Regular flex Lamkin N-Dur Grip
Driver: Cleveland Classic 290 10.5 Stock C Kua 59 shaft in regular flex. Lamkin N-Dur grip.
Putter: Classic Black Platinum Model 1 35 inch shaft

Wow that's awesome of Cleveland. I thought I read someone saying they weren't. Totally awesome either way.

This would be such a tough choice. All 3 have great equipment.

Cleveland/Srixon
Classic 10.5 with a Kusala White
Mashie 3w, 5w,7w
588cb 4-6
588mb 7-pw
588 54, 58
i don't even know on the putter
z star XV

Can I Frankenstein a set? Cause I'd really want to do that hehe

I think I would go with Callaway. Not sure what the driver shaft options were, so just used their custom page as a selection guide.

Driver: Razr Fit 10.5 Degree, Mitsubishi Diamana Blue, 63 Stiff, Golf Pride NDMC Grip Red +1 Wrap
FW: Razr X Black, 17.0 Degree, Stock Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride NDMC Grip Red +1 Wrap
Hybrid: Razr X HL, 21 Degree (3H), Stock Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride NDMC Grip Red +1 Wrap
Irons: Razr X Black, 4-AW, Project X 5.5 Shafts, +0.25" Length, 2 degrees upright, Golf Pride NDMC Grip Red +1 Wrap
Wedge: Forged Wedges, Copper Finish, 54 and 58 degree, Stock Shaft, +0.25" Length, 2 degrees upright, Golf Pride NDMC Grip Red +1 Wrap
Putter: Odyssey ProType Tour Series 2-Ball Putter, 34.5"
Ball: Hex Chrome

This would be such a tough choice. All 3 have great equipment.

Cleveland/Srixon
Classic 10.5 with a Kusala White
Mashie 3w, 5w,7w
588cb 4-6
588mb 7-pw
588 54, 58
i don't even know on the putter
z star XV

Can I Frankenstein a set? Cause I'd really want to do that hehe

The mighty ward with a sweet setup!!

Man, some awesome setups in here. I'm almost 2nd guessing my choice of Cleveland/Srixon in favor of Callaway. Both are just so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back