Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

That crazy husband of mine......lol. Guess 17 more yards didn't do the trick.

Last edited:
It would depend on your ball flight and launch as to what to go with. I use the 12* Classic and like it quite a bit. I paired mine with a mid launch shaft so that it keeps the ball in my proper launch angle. The Classic is a lower spin head than a lot of drivers on the market, so I wanted to make sure I chose enough to get the ball up and so far this driver is working great for me.

do you have the Kusala White in the Classic JB? Or does that particular shaft launch too high with the 12* head

Hahahahaha! He is a Classic himself after all KB!

do you have the Kusala White in the Classic JB? Or does that particular shaft launch too high with the 12* head

He has the Kusala Blue in it coyna. I can't answer the second part of your question though.

Thanks...I'm going to a Cleveland demo day next week and am hoping they will have the different Kusala shafts in the Classic heads...love reading about the different shaft/Classic setups that people are playing

Thanks...I'm going to a Cleveland demo day next week and am hoping they will have the different Kusala shafts in the Classic heads...love reading about the different shaft/Classic setups that people are playing

I think he wanted to pair the 12* head with something that offered some lower launch characteristics. THat sounds like a great demo day.

I just hit the 310 with the Kusala 61s shaft and a 9.5* head. Absolutely awesome. I have hit the others on occasion and found myself like this one a lot. Decent numbers for myself.

4746e367-ed26-ac45.jpg

The club as we all know just has a unique look and the sound is pretty authoritative. The shaft felt beastly. I think I could have squeezed a few more yards out of it for sure. The 380 price tag is hefty but I would be really happy with the results.

Tapatalk

LOL, I KNEW it!!!! OG is a Classic, this fits him perfectly. And he'll hit some bombs with it.

Completely missed this earlier. OG with the Classic? Awesome!

LOL, I KNEW it!!!! OG is a Classic, this fits him perfectly. And he'll hit some bombs with it.

Completely missed this earlier. OG with the Classic? Awesome!

I got such a great deal with the trade in for my driver & one hybrid, I actually made $22.30 on the deal! Plus I have a $50.00 dollar rebate, so it was a no brainer for me to go with the Classic. I hit that sucker so good at demo day at the THP outing, that it was a done deal in my mind. When I called my buddy at the local Dicks Sporting Goods, and he told me what the deal was, I was on it like a frying pan on hash brown potatoes :blob:

I got such a great deal with the trade in for my driver & one hybrid, I actually made $22.30 on the deal! Plus I have a $50.00 dollar rebate, so it was a no brainer for me to go with the Classic. I hit that sucker so good at demo day a the THP outing, that it was a done deal in my mind. When I called my buddy at the local Dicks Sporting Goods, and he told me what the deal was, I was on it like a frying pan on hash brown potatoes :blob:
What loft did you go with OG? 12*?

I got such a great deal with the trade in for my driver & one hybrid, I actually made $22.30 on the deal! Plus I have a $50.00 dollar rebate, so it was a no brainer for me to go with the Classic. I hit that sucker so good at demo day at the THP outing, that it was a done deal in my mind. When I called my buddy at the local Dicks Sporting Goods, and he told me what the deal was, I was on it like a frying pan on hash brown potatoes :blob:

I super approve this message! YES OG!

Now get that sig changed buddy! hahaha

What loft did you go with OG? 12*?

I actually hit the 10.5 degree stiff at demo day really well, so that is what is coming to my door step in about 3 days!

I super approve this message! YES OG!

Now get that sig changed buddy! hahaha

Hey it's a done deal in about 3 minutes :D

I actually hit the 10.5 degree stiff at demo day really well, so that is what is coming to my door step in about 3 days!

Hey it's a done deal in about 3 minutes :D

Good for you! Stock shaft?

Well I just got word today that Cleveland is back ordered on 12* heads so my stick is going to be on hold for an unknown amount of time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

3legged- Might be a little late but I do demo days for Cleveland golf and would say it depends on your Quattrotech if it is the MD which has a mid kick point and is a little stouter than the regular quattrotech I would recommend the Stock Miyazaki C. Kua because it has the same qualities and would come stock in the driver. Also be careful of ball flight the Classic is a really low spinning head which is great for roll and spin rate but can affect height.

Thanks, very helpful. I've decided to order the 12* with the stiff flex stock shaft. Means waiting a few days more but will be worth it :good:

Thanks for those who share tips on THP. Today was probably my best driving day ever with my new CC270r. Only one wicked hook..the rest were either penetrating drives down the middle or just off the fairway. I used two tips today. First I choke down maybe a quarter to half inch from the end. Second on the last two holes I tried a three inch tee as I was using23/4 inch tees the earlier holes. My first drive was over 280 yds ending up just inside the 150 marker, ball flight was a med hog draw...just a beatiful shot. Next tee shot was another sweet hit right down the middle. My playing buddies had become used to the slicing machine...I was definitely cured today! Love the cc! I tested all the brands and this one felt the best. I now have the cc and mashie 3 utility. All others are TM.

Good stuff JC. The Classic is an amazing club.

TapAhoy!

Thanks for those who share tips on THP. Today was probably my best driving day ever with my new CC270r. Only one wicked hook..the rest were either penetrating drives down the middle or just off the fairway. I used two tips today. First I choke down maybe a quarter to half inch from the end. Second on the last two holes I tried a three inch tee as I was using23/4 inch tees the earlier holes. My first drive was over 280 yds ending up just inside the 150 marker, ball flight was a med hog draw...just a beautiful shot. Next tee shot was another sweet hit right down the middle. My playing buddies had become used to the slicing machine...I was definitely cured today! Love the cc! I tested all the brands and this one felt the best. I now have the cc and mashie 3 utility. All others are TM.

I should be getting my Classic in Monday or Tuesday and I will be hitting me a medium hog :pig: draw :bulgy-eyes:

I got to hit a classic the other day, c kua stiff 9*. The results were kinda strange but not horrible. One I popped up pretty bad, but the rest were pretty consistent. I don't think the LM was set up right because the SS numbers seemed low compared to the ball speed. I was using impact tape and found that after choking up about 1.5 inches I was hitting high center on the face every time ( 1 heel and 1 toe before gripping down).

IMG_20120531_180620.jpg

I'll try to keep this short and simple. Ball goes long way.

... well, maybe a little more than that.

Hit 10/13 fairways today. Personal best. Hit 4 drives over 280 and one was nutted at 323...uphill. I don't know where it came from, but DAMN! Here's a pic of where she landed off of the 17th tee, 331 yard par 4.
View attachment 4687

The greatest thing about the CC is that she is without a doubt the straightest flying driver I've ever hit. It's like as long as you are going for straight that IS what you will get. If you really try to put a curve on the ball you'll get it as well, but you really have to have serious intent to curve it for this driver to do it.

I had so much confidence today. W/O a doubt my best day off the tee ever. It was nice to hear the guys I was playing with continually ooh and ahh over my driving.

CC is money! That is all!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

You are going to love it OG! I have no doubt you will be even more accurate with this stick and that is scary.

I was given a little idea of how forgiving this driver can be over the weekend. I've been working on lengthening my swing recently for more distance and the byproduct has been a few more shots off the center of the face than I was seeing beforehand. Hoping to find a middleground there, but that's for another thread.

I was on our 7th hole, which is a shorter (485 yard) par 5, but it plays uphill after the tee shot. I took a pretty decent cut, but it felt like I missed the center. Ball flight was a mid height draw that was one of those shots that looks good, but you expect to go nowhere. I looked at the face and I was way high up on it and right on the border of gold/silver (towards the toe).

Results were 217 yards and in the middle of the fairway. Spectacular distance - no, but that's a hell of a good miss for me. I'll take it any day.

Got to fit 9 holes in today an I took it to hit for the first time...

Wow. Just wow. I have never hit a driver this far this accurately. Every drive was in the fairway with nothing under 250. One was out close to 300 could have been over, left my god at home but I know this course very well so have a fair idea of the distances. I'm in love with it.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Back