JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Love this stuff for the aches and pains of working out....and the little minor injuries I always end up with from the gym (shoulder, etc.). I think a lot of people could benefit from using it on some sore spots.

Great and very thorough review, as always! Hanks actually let me use one of the biofreeze packets during a round together a few weeks ago...I felt the same way that he did: it wasn't very effective on major muscles on the course, probably due to the constant movement of those areas. Would definitely want to try it after a round to see if it makes a big difference to me. Thanks, Hanks!

Nice review there Todd and thanks for going into a good bit of detail on the ability to use this "on the fly" and just how well it works.

Sounds like a solid product for the post round aches, my only issue has been finding them locally the few times I have looked but guess I need to check out their website!

Question: can you elaborate on how you think this would compare post round to say Ben Gay or an ice pack, etc? At a minimum, the convenience factor with no odor is a plus I can gather from the review.

Love Biofreeze. I have been using this stuff since the trainer gave it to me my freshman year.

I agree with others that it sounds to be just the product for post round aches and pains. Solid review Todd, thanks.

I like the idea quite a bit, and the product really does work. This is much better than the little ketchup packets that it comes in some times. Those can get kind of messy and wouldn't be very good in a golf bag. Nice job, Hanks!

I have been using BioFreeze for awhile....I have the rollon gel....it works great!

Todd that was a great piece my friend. Sounds like a product I need to pickup. The no mess packets ate key especially on the go.

I absolutely love Biofreeze. I go through a tube a least once a month. I like how they come with the self applicating sponge so you don't have to get it all over your hands.

This is good stuff, I use Bio-Freeze almost daily for my hand. Thanks for the review.

Yes sir.. Eased the 5- hour drive after my marathon last week quite well!

Nice review there Todd and thanks for going into a good bit of detail on the ability to use this "on the fly" and just how well it works.

Sounds like a solid product for the post round aches, my only issue has been finding them locally the few times I have looked but guess I need to check out their website!

Question: can you elaborate on how you think this would compare post round to say Ben Gay or an ice pack, etc? At a minimum, the convenience factor with no odor is a plus I can gather from the review.

I wouldn't really expect a huge difference between Ben Gay and Biofreeze. The mechanism by which they reduce pain is very similar. As you touched on, the convenience of biofreeze is why most docs at my hospital recommend it vs BenGay. Ice packs are going to be more effective for treating the deep/large muscle pains that Hanks talked about, but for the day to day stuff the difference between that and biofreeze is pretty negligible.

Todd that was a great piece my friend. Sounds like a product I need to pickup. The no mess packets ate key especially on the go.

I take 'em from my gyms first aid area all the time. Very convenient.

Great write up Hanks. I am immediately highly interested in this and will be picking some up first chance I get. I have been struggling quite a bit from back pain and while most of the time on the course it stays loose and I'm ok it's after the rounds that I'm dying. Sounds like Biofreeze is a great option for me. Thanks for the great review!

Love Biofreeze. Been using it for about 8 years now, I don't mind the packets, and keep about 10 in my golf bag.

I wouldn't really expect a huge difference between Ben Gay and Biofreeze. The mechanism by which they reduce pain is very similar. As you touched on, the convenience of biofreeze is why most docs at my hospital recommend it vs BenGay. Ice packs are going to be more effective for treating the deep/large muscle pains that Hanks talked about, but for the day to day stuff the difference between that and biofreeze is pretty negligible.

Makes sense, thanks for the info Gus!

Of course buddy...in my non-medical opinion I think this works for minor to medium muscle strains and will work great for joint pains of all degrees. For more severe strains/pains you can't beat a good old fashioned ice pack or even a cream. both will cover a wider area and last longer than what you get in the single packs of the BioFreeze. However if you were to use a few of the single packets in a concentrated fashion on an area it would probably work much like if you were using some cream.

Sorry everyone, I ommitted the cost for these in my review which was bad on my part. On their website, a box of 10 single packet runs $15 but they have a special going now where if you order any BioFreeze product you can order a box of BioFreeze for 50% off

Thanks again Hanks! Going to try and find some today and give it a try. Interested to see if it helps with my left hand/wrist issues I have been experiencing.

I’ve been using BioFreeze for years. It’s an awesome product.

I like the "no mess" application. Cool!

I've been using BioFreeze for about 2 years. My Chiro Doc has it at his office. And, I can always score some sample packets.

At my last visit, someone asked about headaches and the tech mentioned putting biofreeze on the temples, if the pain was there and on the back of the neck if that's where the pain was.

Do not use this with ice, lol. One or the other, but it will burn the heck out of you with ice over the top. I forgot about putting the Bio-Freeze on earlier and went to the ice, not a smooth move.

I use Biofreeze for my aches and pains from softball, working out and golf. It works really well and doesn't have as strong an odor of the other similar products. Good stuff.

Biofreeze is great for aches & pains, and after round use for sure!

JB, I wonder if one of the testers would try the Capzacin patches. IMO, they are without a doubt the best way to keep the lower back warm, lose and pain free during a round. Like to see what others think.

I have been using this product for years, and I love it. I have moved away from the gel and gone to a pump spray, but it is still awesome. Nice review Hanks.

Back