What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
91 with 5 blow up holes! Two 4 putts; 4 hooked drives(2 ob) as I learn to draw the ball again; and one punch in the face by the rules. Hooked ball out of sight, provisional out of sight, chunked hybrid. Looked for both hooks, found second, looked again for first, then put second into play only to find first in the center of fairway 50 yards farther down! Led to a quad. The putting hurt the worst. 98*, good wind and near drought conditions have speed the greens up a lot & I did a poor job adjusting.

Shot a 116 with 16 penalties on Friday and a 97 yesterday. Not playing well, but was nice to get out. We had 12 on Friday and 16 on Saturday.

Went to my home course and walked 18. Shot an 80 with 3 birdies. with 1 double and 2 balls in the water. I was pretty happy. It could have been a lot better. Missed a few more birdies.

Last edited:
Congrats, Dent. You should come around more!

Shot +3 (75) today, but I technically didn't score as well as I would have liked (not to say I wasn't pleased with a 75).

Did not miss a fairway until the 13th. 31 putts, but it should have been lower.

Shot +3 (75) today, but I technically didn't score as well as I would have liked (not to say I wasn't pleased with a 75).

Did not miss a fairway until the 13th. 31 putts, but it should have been lower.

Solid day CD, nothing wrong with a 75 dude!

I had the best start to a round ever for me yesterday. Made birdie on 1 with a good iron shot and putt and then followed it with a wedge shot to a tap in birdie on 2. 3 was a par 3 that I hit to about 15 feet and left the putt right on the lip dead center, so -2 after 3. And then began a long day, waited 15 minutes on the next tee, which was brutal. Big surprise, next tee shot went OB. After that, hit one in the left rough, but an 8 iron to 12 feet and saved the bogey with that putt. The waiting continued the entire round and I just couldn't get back in to rythm. I was 1 over going in to 9, which was another wait of over 15 minutes. Hit my first 2 shots in the hazard. Was able to take a 7 for a round of 40, but damn it should have been so much better.

Sorry to hear that DeanO, its too bad more golf courses didn't take action against all this slow play we are all commenting about. Unless everyone starts informing their golf courses that they will stop playing there or leave the club due to the slow play it will continue.

Sorry to hear that DeanO, its too bad more golf courses didn't take action against all this slow play we are all commenting about. Unless everyone starts informing their golf courses that they will stop playing there or leave the club due to the slow play it will continue.

it was brutal. Plus it was f'n hot out there. I was pretty encouraged how I hit the ball though overall. I kind of needed that because as a whole I'm pretty down on my game at the moment.

Thats a solid start ddec! Waiting that long always throws me off my game as well.

I shot 75 on saturaday, but I puked up a good round on 15-17. Was +1 after a birdie on 14. Proceded to snap my drive on 15 into the left trees, was able to find it and salvage a bogey. Dumb mental error on 16, played a fade into the green to a back right pin, but of course I was aimed right at the flag instead of the center of the green, so it leaked into the back right bunker. Couldnt get up and down for another bogey. 95 yards to a back pin from the fairway on 17, hit it fat and dumped it in the front bunker, again couldnt get up and down for another bogey. Saving grace was a thin-to-win 7i on the 18th that ended up 10" from the hole for a tap in birdie. Could have/should have scored much better.

Play a super-quick 9 (right at an hour w/cart), and shot a 38. Opened with par-par, but shot +4 on 3-5, and closed -1. Almost chipped in for birdie on par 3 8 and for eagle on par 4 9. Pretty good day overall, minus the 95º temps at 9am.

I shot a horrid 48! 6/9 GIRs and 4/7 FIRs but couldnt putt to save my life. One green I just barely missed and the other two (one was water and other sand) were just I wasn't playing my shot. Felt great off the tee and out of the fairway.

played 27 on Saturday

Shot 46 on the front 9, I believe it was +8 on the first 4 holes and +2 on the last 5

Then went back later and shot 43-45, this time I started out solid and then doubled 3 of the last 5 holes

really worked on a more compact iron swing, made better contact, just gotta stop the occasional hook

played 27 on Saturday

Shot 46 on the front 9, I believe it was +8 on the first 4 holes and +2 on the last 5

Then went back later and shot 43-45, this time I started out solid and then doubled 3 of the last 5 holes

really worked on a more compact iron swing, made better contact, just gotta stop the occasional hook

Good work dude! After a few rounds you'll have that change down!

Good work dude! After a few rounds you'll have that change down!

yeah took a big dummy moment on my part...figuring out what I did so differently when hitting wedges (which Ive hit well as of late) compared to everything else. More compact keeps that bag elbow from chicken winging on me

So gonna stick with that and hope to work out this hook that creeps up from time to time, then I'll be ready to go

Went out and met Motoo344 for a round at Ranven Claw. I forgot how difficult some of those holes were. I shot an 89 which I am very pleased with. My driving was decent but I missed a lot of greens (4/18). Luckily my chipping allowed for 5 one putts.

Played Saturday and I stunk. Have been having some health problems and that leads to feeling fatigued early in the round which caused me to over swing to make up for the weak hits and this in turn causes directional problems. Hit only a few greens and putted terrible. Didn't help that the 4 in front of us never heard of ready golf or letting anyone play through and it was 5 1/2 hour round. Other than that it was a great day. Shot 10 over which is about double what I would normally short from the blue tees there in an average round.

Played 18 holes with my good buddy DawgDaddy which is always a pleasure! I think we were born brothers from another Mother some where down the line. Anyways we both hit some good shots and some not so good shots. I think I was plus 90 something as I could not hit the fade to save my life. Weak cut because of an ongoing left pec muscle problem. I could hammer the ball with my old draw using my right side. Dawg as always hit some beautiful shots. We always have a great time no matter what :D....

Played yesterday at Leilehua and stunk it up on/around the greens. The greens were so fast it was pretty darned disheartening. Shot an 88 and had some great ball striking.

It had been raining all night and everything was damp but the greenskeepers had trimmed the greens and squeegeed them as soon as the rain ceased in the morning.

I hit 10 greens with good high spinning well lofted shots and the ball hit, bounced, and rolled off the back of all but one!!! And there was no putting the ball short and letting it roll on because the grass was so wet it would just plug. Absolutely no chance for scoring. It sucked!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back