The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get this blister on my thumb to go away :angry:

Can't get this blister on my thumb to go away :angry:

Try these, if you haven't already. Not sure if you saw my blister issues from a few weeks ago, but Kelly picked these up for me and they will become a staple at this house. They are a bit higher, and you don't change them everyday, but they work, and speed up the healing process.

Blister-Band-Aid.jpg

Awesome, thanks Jeff. Will give those a look for sure.

JRod, I'm so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know how tough this is, please let any or all of us help in any way we can dude. We are thinking about you!

I am so sorry to hear that JRod, I can't even imagine. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. As others have said, let us know if there is anything we can do or anything you need.

Sad to hear this Jrod. I dont know what Id do if i lost my dad. But, like Esox said, thats a plus because it lets you/us know that we had/have great fathers. My advice(which is probably useless with my experience) is to try to not mourn over losing him, but to remember every single good time you had with him.. If there's anything any of us can do to help just let us know. Thoughts will be going to you and your dad in heaven.

Boring work assignments. I just want to go home but i've only been at work for 2,5hours. Still a long day ahead :/

ps. Does anyone think that setting fire to a hedge count as "cutting" it down? Or..

Boring work assignments. I just want to go home but i've only been at work for 2,5hours. Still a long day ahead :/

ps. Does anyone think that setting fire to a hedge count as "cutting" it down? Or..

Fire works for me, as long as nothing else burns!!!!!

I hooked a tow chain around mine and dragged it out of the ground and counted it as giving it a close trim. So IMO Fire counts as trimming

why on earth do guys who have never picked up clubs in their lives book the earliest teetimes? proshop phone has been ringing off the hook with complaints from the course lol

I feel really dizzy and light headed today. Cant leave because I have a stack of work that 3 people couldnt do before my wife has the baby. Hope she has it any day so they can all go screw. Beyond frustrated.

My Father passed away today 9 days after turning 63. He was my best friend. I have no idea how I am supposed to live the next 30-40 years of my life without him.

I am really sorry buddy. I know I would be absolutely devastated. Just take it a day at a time and focus on the good times. I know it hurts but just try to hang in there.

After working a 15 hour day yesterday my plan was to come in for 1/2 day or just leave a little early and get 18 in this evening. Unfortunately on my way in my phone starts buzzing. Yup that same pain in the ass bangs in for today and tomorrow. Meaning I'm here all freaking day. I hope she is at a job interview so I don't have to deal with her crap anymore.

I feel really dizzy and light headed today. Cant leave because I have a stack of work that 3 people couldnt do before my wife has the baby. Hope she has it any day so they can all go screw. Beyond frustrated.

dizzy and light headed....that happened to my wife when she was pregnant...anything you want to tell us Ricki?

dizzy and light headed....that happened to my wife when she was pregnant...anything you want to tell us Ricki?

I kinda hope I pass out at work so they feel stupid.

Excessive heat warning has went into effect from noon today until Saturday. Coincidentally, I am playing golf both of these days. YaY!

View attachment 4962

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

My rant is little punks on crotch rockets. Not only do they gun their engines during the day, but the last couple days one has been going up and down our street as loud and fast as he can at 7 in the morning. I won't be surprised if he slams into something, and I know this might seem harsh, but I won't care.

My rant is little punks on crotch rockets. Not only do they gun their engines during the day, but the last couple days one has been going up and down our street as loud and fast as he can at 7 in the morning. I won't be surprised if he slams into something, and I know this might seem harsh, but I won't care.

Sorry about that. Yoshimura pipes just sound so good at 10,000 rpms

--
Tapatalk2

Angry, snobby, just plain mean old man who had the tenacity to chase me a half a mile on a golf cart and only gave up when I went into the woods.

A few nights (2-3 usually) a week I go out onto the golf course behind my neighborhood and look for balls in the overgrow weedy areas. Yes, this is a private course, but it's not exclusive or gated or generally snobby. Now I have not actually gotten permission from the pro shop to go out there. I kinda sorta know one of the pros there and he saw me one night and waved, I waved back. he didn't care. I know plenty of members and none of them care. I've seen many golfers out there and talked to a few. None of them have ever cared. The club sure as hell does not go out there and get the lost balls, and the members just buy new ones so they don't bother looking for lost balls. Of course I'm always very respectful of the course and usually never even walk anywhere but the rough and overgrown areas. I'm not hurting a thing, honestly. I've been doing this a year and have never had issues. It's made me some nice money. Well three weeks ago, this angry old man approaches me and starts endlessly ranting about all the wrongdoings I am committing and he threatened to call the police if I ever came back. I'd never seen him before that and didn't see him again until monday night. He just looked at me and pointed his finger back to the bike path that connects to the course, which happens to be the one of like 8 access points (super private I know) to the course. So I just left. Well tonight, there was not a soul out there. I was going about things normally and literally out of nowhere he comes driving up. I honestly have no idea if he was even playing (yes, he had clubs). He just stopped by where I was and told me to drop my bag of balls and stay there because he was going to call the police. Now I did what 99% of teenage boys would have done in this situation. I turned around and ran. And apparently I know the course better than he does because he tried to chase me but had no idea where to go to get around to where I was. He finally got around and chased me all the way into the back of my neighborhood, through two backyards (seriously) and finally gave up when I went into the woods.

He strikes me as the kind of guy with very few friends and would be socially ridiculed at the club if he actually called the police and had them come. He's always alone and apparently he has nothing better to do than threaten and (I honestly don't know if he did or not tonight) call the police on innocent kids doing no harm. I could send one text message and this guy would be the talk of the clubhouse tomorrow. I'm not going to do anything. I'm pretty much gonna take a few weeks off from going there, talk to the pro shop about it, and see what comes of it. Hopefully I don't have a nightmare of my heart rate at 210 BPM running like I never have before from a guy on a turbo golf cart. Cause that's what just happened.

Angry, snobby, just plain mean old man who had the tenacity to chase me a half a mile on a golf cart and only gave up when I went into the woods.

A few nights (2-3 usually) a week I go out onto the golf course behind my neighborhood and look for balls in the overgrow weedy areas. Yes, this is a private course, but it's not exclusive or gated or generally snobby. Now I have not actually gotten permission from the pro shop to go out there. I kinda sorta know one of the pros there and he saw me one night and waved, I waved back. he didn't care. I know plenty of members and none of them care. I've seen many golfers out there and talked to a few. None of them have ever cared. The club sure as hell does not go out there and get the lost balls, and the members just buy new ones so they don't bother looking for lost balls. Of course I'm always very respectful of the course and usually never even walk anywhere but the rough and overgrown areas. I'm not hurting a thing, honestly. I've been doing this a year and have never had issues. It's made me some nice money. Well three weeks ago, this angry old man approaches me and starts endlessly ranting about all the wrongdoings I am committing and he threatened to call the police if I ever came back. I'd never seen him before that and didn't see him again until monday night. He just looked at me and pointed his finger back to the bike path that connects to the course, which happens to be the one of like 8 access points (super private I know) to the course. So I just left. Well tonight, there was not a soul out there. I was going about things normally and literally out of nowhere he comes driving up. I honestly have no idea if he was even playing (yes, he had clubs). He just stopped by where I was and told me to drop my bag of balls and stay there because he was going to call the police. Now I did what 99% of teenage boys would have done in this situation. I turned around and ran. And apparently I know the course better than he does because he tried to chase me but had no idea where to go to get around to where I was. He finally got around and chased me all the way into the back of my neighborhood, through two backyards (seriously) and finally gave up when I went into the woods.

He strikes me as the kind of guy with very few friends and would be socially ridiculed at the club if he actually called the police and had them come. He's always alone and apparently he has nothing better to do than threaten and (I honestly don't know if he did or not tonight) call the police on innocent kids doing no harm. I could send one text message and this guy would be the talk of the clubhouse tomorrow. I'm not going to do anything. I'm pretty much gonna take a few weeks off from going there, talk to the pro shop about it, and see what comes of it. Hopefully I don't have a nightmare of my heart rate at 210 BPM running like I never have before from a guy on a turbo golf cart. Cause that's what just happened.
Private course. No permission. I get your rant about the dude being a prick, but the bolded parts say it all. Get permission.

You know, you could have avoided this if you went and got actual permission to get the balls. Waving at the pro doesn't count. Go get permission. Ask for it in writing so you can show the crazy old guy.

I would have loved to see the old guy chasing you with the golf cart! You should have video'd it! hahaha

You should stay off the course.

This was brought up a couple months ago if I remember correctly, and it surprises me that after all that all of us said about getting permission, that you still never got permission.

This was brought up a couple months ago if I remember correctly, and it surprises me that after all that all of us said about getting permission, that you still never got permission.

I never did because it was never an issue. Now that its an issue, I need to get permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back