Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I thought I posted this before, but I will do it again.

J40 DPC on left, TM MC on right

a693789f-f4c1-8d64.jpg

a693789f-f4d1-5e16.jpg

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

Are those the 3irons that you posted earlier?

Cookie, I really enjoyed your thoughts buddy. I also enjoyed everyone's pics. As I mentioned in the CB thread, I wish Bridgestone stuff was more available to hit (or available at all) because I am genuinely interested in a few of their products. My name is on the pay it forward list though, so I should get to try them sooner or later.

Cookie, I really enjoyed your thoughts buddy. I also enjoyed everyone's pics. As I mentioned in the CB thread, I wish Bridgestone stuff was more available to hit (or available at all) because I am genuinely interested in a few of their products. My name is on the pay it forward list though, so I should get to try them sooner or later.

I am in the same boat JConn. I spoke to Jeff on Bridgestones site and he said to go to one of the live ball fitting days. The rep should have the clubs as well and you can get some time with them. I am going to one on Sat.. I know I have said publicly that that I am all about the i20's as my next set, but something is drawing me to the Bridgestone irons.

I'm hoping these are home waiting for me. If so I will shoot a quick unboxing video, pictures, and then head straight out to the course to get some feedback. Wanted to thank the guys who already have them for providing feedback, as well as those who have been testing the 3,6,and 9 irons in the pay it forward testing. I'm thinking that today is the day I join the party!!!

I'm hoping these are home waiting for me. If so I will shoot a quick unboxing video, pictures, and then head straight out to the course to get some feedback. Wanted to thank the guys who already have them for providing feedback, as well as those who have been testing the 3,6,and 9 irons in the pay it forward testing. I'm thinking that today is the day I join the party!!!
I feel as if you are talking directly to me with that statement. Hehe.

I hope those are waiting for you Dean, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Let's hope today is the day for you. These irons just sit in the bag looking at me, begging for me to ditch work.

Best iron on market imo!! Only thing I hit that was close were the MP-59's.

Given how many different sets of irons I have played this season already, I usually don't get all that excited, but this set genuinely has me excited and eager to hit them... Gonna be shipped directly from Bridgestone factory in 2-3 days!

Given how many different sets of irons I have played this season already, I usually don't get all that excited, but this set genuinely has me excited and eager to hit them... Gonna be shipped directly from Bridgestone factory in 2-3 days!

Very nice - congrats on the purchase! Hoping that you share some feedback in here for all to see.

Grats on the new set. Not sure if you had to take the leap of faith, but every local shop seems like they could care less about ordering Bridgestone irons.

Well my box of gloves wasn't the only Bridgestone package that arrived today. I also received my weapons of grass destruction, my beautiful J40 Dual Pocket Cavity irons. I ordered my irons with KBS Tour Shafts and lamkin crossline grips. I have to say, even though I have seen theses irons in person on multiple occasions, they still take my breath away with how stunning they are. Knowing that I was meeting my father in 20 minutes for a round of golf I quickly snapped some pictures so that I could get them out on the course. Once again a HUGE thanks to THP and Bridgestone golf for making Morgan Cup 2.0 an experience I will never forget.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

\
IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

I really like that last picture Dean!!! Best of luck with your new weapons!!! Bridegstone irons sure are sessssy

Well my box of gloves wasn't the only Bridgestone package that arrived today. I also received my weapons of grass destruction, my beautiful J40 Dual Pocket Cavity irons. I ordered my irons with KBS Tour Shafts and lamkin crossline grips. I have to say, even though I have seen theses irons in person on multiple occasions, they still take my breath away with how stunning they are. Knowing that I was meeting my father in 20 minutes for a round of golf I quickly snapped some pictures so that I could get them out on the course. Once again a HUGE thanks to THP and Bridgestone golf for making Morgan Cup 2.0 an experience I will never forget.

IMG_1033.jpg
Dean, this picture is very, very cool. I may have to use it as my avatar pic.

Every time I see these irons, I grow more fond of them. Such a sleek look, really are the best looking iron on the market. Hit 'em well!

Dean, this picture is very, very cool. I may have to use it as my avatar pic.

Every time I see these irons, I grow more fond of them. Such a sleek look, really are the best looking iron on the market. Hit 'em well!

permission granted hehe

Great pics Dean! How'd you hit them?

Great pics Dean! How'd you hit them?

not good the first few holes, but blame that on speeding to the course and rushing since I was late. But after the first few I hit them pretty well. I had no clue for distances, but I will hit the range tomorrow to see what I can come up with. For just a get to know you round I'd say it was a success. Tonight I'd say I was hitting them higher than my i10's. That sure was nice when hitting in to a green, the ball landed fairly soft.

not good the first few holes, but blame that on speeding to the course and rushing since I was late. But after the first few I hit them pretty well. I had no clue for distances, but I will hit the range tomorrow to see what I can come up with. For just a get to know you round I'd say it was a success. Tonight I'd say I was hitting them higher than my i10's. That sure was nice when hitting in to a green, the ball landed fairly soft.

That is the only problem with going straight to the course with no range time hahahah. Good to hear they felt good and landed soft man.

Dean, dude. Those are gorgeous! Man, with each guy getting there's they look prettier and prettier. I can't wait. The suspense is killing me.

Lots of great pics and thoughts here guys! I am excited for you guys,

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Very nice pix Ddec. Any initial thoughts your fist time out with the KBS shafts?

Wow those pics are so purty...Think this thread really entices, as I also have a satin j40 GW bent to 50 degrees on the way too along with J40 4H.

Hope to post my impressions when I get my irons in 1.5 wks as they couldn't be coming further from me(Ga).

Excellent quality photos ddec. irons look amazing. I'm contemplating these with the KBS as well so I'll be interested in your feedback.

Wow those pics are so purty...Think this thread really entices, as I also have a satin j40 GW bent to 50 degrees on the way too along with J40 4H.

Hope to post my impressions when I get my irons in 1.5 wks as they couldn't be coming further from me(Ga).

I think you will be a very happy camper. What shafts did you go with?

Back