Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Congrats on getting the irons in your bag, ddec!

My DPCs will be here tomorrow. With graphite PX 5.5 shafts. I'm excited. I get my video and pics up tomorrow.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Great pics Deano! Bridgestone could use that last one for marketing it's so good!

Beautiful pictures ddec. In the second picture is the 5 iron on top? If so I've never noticed a hosel that has a slight bend to it. I can only assume that adds a touch of offset without moving the edge back?

--
Tapatalk2

Ddec, can I ask why you chose the Crosslines?

Great pics btw buddy!

Awesome looking sticks Dean!

Beautiful pictures ddec. In the second picture is the 5 iron on top? If so I've never noticed a hosel that has a slight bend to it. I can only assume that adds a touch of offset without moving the edge back?

You know what, I had not noticed that.

Ddec, can I ask why you chose the Crosslines?

I've used them before and thought they were a good alternative to the Tour Velvet which is the stock grip. The only other grips that I thought about choosing was the NDMC but I had them last year and just didn't really like them all that much. I do have other grips home if I want to make a change in the future though.

Interesting. I have never considered Crosslines but got them on my 588's and I am digging them.

I typically like the Crosslines as well, but after hitting around 100 balls and my hands sweating, they got slick as hell yesterday.

I typically like the Crosslines as well, but after hitting around 100 balls and my hands sweating, they got slick as hell yesterday.

They do get a bit slick but a little towel wipe down and they're fine.

The J40's are almost as good looking as the 588's

About the slickness, I have just wiped them down and they seem to be ok. I also have one of those Gorilla Grip towels that you can get at Golf Galaxy, but I haven't used it yet. It's supposed to improve tackiness.

J40's are incredibly good looking.

When you look at the Razr X forged cavities/MB's, the 588 line up, and the Bridgestones there isn't an ugly iron in the group.

Yea, they come right back with a wipe down. To be fair to the grips, it was freaking hot yesterday too.

I agree on the looks. Between our irons, these, and the X-Forged, you have some real lookers.

When you look at the Razr X forged cavities/MB's, the 588 line up, and the Bridgestones there isn't an ugly iron in the group.

that's the truth!

If you flipped them around and made those pictures lefty, I think you would love them...

Seriously though, maybe I am a DPC homer, but I dont think there is a better looking iron set on the market. I love the simplicity of them.

I think you will be a very happy camper. What shafts did you go with?

I went with DG spinner shaft for GW...have never used this type of shaft before...if I like it I will order the 54 degree version also....the 4H I got with project X 5.0 graphite...I'm getting older so going with reg shaft in everything for first time.

I went with DG spinner shaft for GW...have never used this type of shaft before...if I like it I will order the 54 degree version also....the 4H I got with project X 5.0 graphite...I'm getting older so going with reg shaft in everything for first time.

I think you will really like the Spinners in these, some already solid reviews in the J40 wedge thread - that is what I play in my 54/58 currently and soon to be in my 50 as well.

really contemplating getting out early to get a quick round in this afternoon. For the brief 9 holes I had with them yesterday they just left me wanting more.

really contemplating getting out early to get a quick round in this afternoon. For the brief 9 holes I had with them yesterday they just left me wanting more.

Do it! I can say in all honesty that they have made the game more enjoyable for me. I FINALLY have confidence that I can consistently hit the green within 160. Still resting up my back to make sure I am ok but I have rounds planned for "away" courses next Tuesday and Wednesday, can't wait to put them back to the test!

I'm hoping I can hit the range for a bucket tomorrow after they get here. Then putting them in play Sat for 36 holes with the Ohio group in indy.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Do it! I can say in all honesty that they have made the game more enjoyable for me. I FINALLY have confidence that I can consistently hit the green within 160. Still resting up my back to make sure I am ok but I have rounds planned for "away" courses next Tuesday and Wednesday, can't wait to put them back to the test!

I'm not there yet, but I hope that won't be long. Last night I dropped a few balls at random yardages and hit some shots with them. I did hit 5 iron off the tee twice both with good results. Normally the 5 iron and I don't get along, but we had a good first date last night.

I'm not there yet, but I hope that won't be long. Last night I dropped a few balls at random yardages and hit some shots with them. I did hit 5 iron off the tee twice both with good results. Normally the 5 iron and I don't get along, but we had a good first date last night.

I am typically very comfortable down to 7, semi with the 6, and hardly ever with the 5. I don't think I have hit the 5 on the course yet, only on the range - while each one was not great, none were terrible either. I am now really comfortable with 6-PW and I think my next round on Monday after work will consist of only the irons in the bag. I am anxious to see what I can do with the 5i off the deck and tee.

I have not been able to touch these since Saturday. Cant wait to put them in play again.

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

They are nice looking clubs that's for sure.

Back