Playing again after 15 years

Tssgery

Reaction score
Handicap
I used to play fairly often but moved about 15 years ago and never found any new partners. I hauled my 40 year old clubs out of the attic last week and went to the range and had forgotten how both fun and frustrating this sport can be.

Now, I'm playing again and will be looking for some new clubs. I'll be perusing the forums to see what people recommend but if people have advice on some inexpensive clubs, I am all ears

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum and back to the game!

Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of reviews on equipment so jump right in! No one bites, at least I dont think :alien:

Welcome to the site. I'd like to recommend the Wilson Staff Di 11's, fantastic clubs, super forgiving and now that they's been out for a while you can get sets pretty reasonably

Nice to meet you!!!

Welcome Tssgery and man are you in for a treat! Get ya hoing clothes on because you are going to be lusting after all kinds of new golf equipment :blob:

Welcome back to the game and welcome to THP!

Welcome to:thp:
The are plenty of great reviews to be read. Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to THP, you'll find the answers you need here. Good luck on your search for new clubs and with your golf game. The technology has changed so much that getting new clubs will help a lot.

Welcome to the forum and back in the game!

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

Welcome back to golf and THP

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: I look forward to reading about you journey back into golf. Keep us posted on your progress and your club choices.

Welcome aboard!!!

Welcome aboard . Glad to have ya' !

Welcome back to the game! Don't ever leave it again! :eek:)

There are so many great pieces of equipment out there. Hit as many things as possible and try to do so outside on an open range. There are a lot of great demo days floating around from OEMs and now the THP Tour van making stops that your possibilities are endless as far as demoing equipment.

Looking forward to hearing how the whole process plays out for you!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!! There are TONS of great reviews here that will answer probably all your questions. Like everybody else has said, hit as many different clubs as you can before narrowing down you list. And definitely GET FITTED for the clubs you like!

Welcome to THP and back to the greatest game on earth!!!

I was in a similar place - I was a middling player on my HS's golf team in the late 80's but after I went to college I literally didn't touch a club for 20 years, though I couldn't bring myself to get rid of my set -- including moving it three times!

When I decided to start playing again a couple of years ago, the first thing I did was realize how out of date my bag had become so I finally threw away my old clubs and started over with an inexpensive set that I ordered more or less blindly from overstock.com (Nicklaus brand). Fortunately, they turned out to be a decent set to get me rolling again.

Any club made these days will be light-years beyond what you kept in your attic or, in my case, the garage.

Once I started practicing/playing regularly and decided that I indeed still had the bug about a year later, I upgraded to the set I have today and plan to use these until my game improves to the point where upgrading to a better set is justified by my level of play.

I am VERY glad that I got back into playing and it's been great for me. Welcome back!

Hope this helps.

Ken

Back