What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished up another 9 and it was rather uneventful. 8 pars and a birdie for a 35. Hope I can keep this up for the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just finished up another 9 and it was rather uneventful. 8 pars and a birdie for a 35. Hope I can keep this up for the weekend.

Hope so too! That is some nice shooting.

The front nine at our CC is a tad harder than the back nine. My previous best on either was a 40 on the front and 38 on the back. My best round here to date has been a 79.. (our course is par 71, 36 f, 35 b) Yesterday afternoon in our league I shot a 38 on the front. ( I had to give my opponent 2 strokes and won my match 6-3) I started with 5 pars, The par 4 4th, is a killer 440 yard hole with a extreme slopping green.. I lipped my birdie put on the par 5 5th. I then lipped my par put on the very hard par 4. I then parred the par 5, long par 3 and then bogied the ninth. After a perfect tee shot, I pulled the 8 iron and it landed against a tree...... (mental error)

In any case, it was a great day for me. My first sub 40 round on the front. It is gonna drop me from from a 10 to a 9 handicap in the league though..

I realize a 38 is not a big deal to a lot of you guys on here... But,,,, I only have one arm.. ;-)

Oh well!

:drinks:

congrats on the great front side, hopefully many more are coming your way.

The front nine at our CC is a tad harder than the back nine. My previous best on either was a 40 on the front and 38 on the back. My best round here to date has been a 79.. (our course is par 71, 36 f, 35 b) Yesterday afternoon in our league I shot a 38 on the front. ( I had to give my opponent 2 strokes and won my match 6-3) I started with 5 pars, The par 4 4th, is a killer 440 yard hole with a extreme slopping green.. I lipped my birdie put on the par 5 5th. I then lipped my par put on the very hard par 4. I then parred the par 5, long par 3 and then bogied the ninth. After a perfect tee shot, I pulled the 8 iron and it landed against a tree...... (mental error)

In any case, it was a great day for me. My first sub 40 round on the front. It is gonna drop me from from a 10 to a 9 handicap in the league though..

I realize a 38 is not a big deal to a lot of you guys on here... But,,,, I only have one arm.. ;-)

Oh well!

Wow, congrats Dude, those are some impressive scores for anybody.

Hope so too! That is some nice shooting.

Thanks buddy. I figure if I can shoot no more than +4 over two days it should be worth $750 or more.

41/44 =85, just did not have it today. 2 lost balls, 4 three putts, no birdies. Just could not keep it going over 3 holes in a row. Maybe it will be better next week, I am flying out to L.A. tomorrow morning bright and early and coming back Sunday so no golf until then.

DawgDaddy and Wake,

Thanks guys. I push myself very hard. I'm working on a slight swing change (trying to hit a consistent draw), real hard on the short game and the "mental" part of the game. We all know, that's where we lower our scores.

41/44 =85, just did not have it today. 2 lost balls, 4 three putts, no birdies. Just could not keep it going over 3 holes in a row. Maybe it will be better next week, I am flying out to L.A. tomorrow morning bright and early and coming back Sunday so no golf until then.

Those days do seem to slip in on me every once in a while too. IT WILL BE BETTER NEXT WEEK! No maybe to it. Safe travels and enjoy Lower Alabama.

Sounds pretty eventful to me! Nice job.

Oh well!

Way to go, rest assured we are all proud of that achievement. I am continually amazed by the spirit of golfers. I have played with a blind golfer, there is a guy at the club with no feet who hits the ball a mile, I have played a couple of times lately with a guy with less than 30% heart/lung capacity, several guys with artificial joints, and the list goes on but the common thread is that everyone is looking to improve their score regardless the circumstances, we are all just golfers. We make do with what ever we bring to the table. Congrats on that 38 and I have a feeling that now you will be striving for a 37...then 36...etc. That's what we golfers do!

We will be looking for that next PR here and be just as proud of it as you are when it happens.

Thanks. It's awesome dude. It is at a local brewery, so you take a wedge and a putter, grab a good beer and you're good to go. Had 8 birdies, and a couple misses within 6 feet so I was hitting it good. Here is a pic of my fiancé and her dad on one of the tee boxes.

a693599a-dd2c-0783.jpg

I played that track when I lived in Portland. I was actually head bartender for mcmenamins so I drank a lot of beer and played tons of golf

Well Monday i shot par for the first time ever. (Shot 1 under a few weeks ago, first time with just par though) So i was feeling great and then the next day shot 2 over and then this morning i shot 14 over!!!!!!!!!!! How i love golf sometimes :D When you think you got the game, the next day it bites you

Well Monday i shot par for the first time ever. (Shot 1 under a few weeks ago, first time with just par though) So i was feeling great and then the next day shot 2 over and then this morning i shot 14 over!!!!!!!!!!! How i love golf sometimes :D When you think you got the game, the next day it bites you

That's great playing but youre right golf is a great game for this reason. If you play at par or 14 over it keeps you coming back for more.

Haven't been able to play in about a week. Going at it tomorrow for 9 holes and then 18 on friday!

Shot an even 36 tonight in league. 1 birdie, 1 bogey.

5 greens, 5 fairways.

Wedge game was vastly improved, don't think the Nikes can come out of my bag at this point.

45/36 81 today. The driver was rocking the entire round, my putter as well, just couldn't get the iron's straight on the front. I told my buddy I wasn't connected and sure enough I got it together for the back nine and started hitting greens finally. I knew I could go low for 9 hole, its about time.

5 greens, 5 fairways.

Wedge game was vastly improved, don't think the Nikes can come out of my bag at this point.

Crap dude, your handicap is gonna plummet at this rate. Nice playing

Shot a 103 at the home course today. Was awesome off the tee's today, but I think I three putted at least nine holes, kind of don't want to even remember how bad my short game was today. Was a blast though not looking for my ball in the woods on every hole haha.

Those days do seem to slip in on me every once in a while too. IT WILL BE BETTER NEXT WEEK! No maybe to it. Safe travels and enjoy Lower Alabama.

Thanks buddy I appreciate the kind words. It made me laugh to read your last comment, that is something folks in this part of the country say often, lol.

Wow, War Eagle - very impressive man. Congrats! Especially in league play that is pretty sweet.

5 greens, 5 fairways.

War, the nike wedges are making a strong case?! Nice round buddy

Wow, War Eagle - very impressive man. Congrats! Especially in league play that is pretty sweet.
Thanks bro, shot a +1 last week and followed this week up on the front 9 at even par. Would be nice to string that together for 18 holes.
War, the nike wedges are making a strong case?! Nice round buddy
I've always hit them well, no clue why I take them out. Plus they have the Tour 90 wedge shafts in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back