Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to have one of those mini-staff bags for my office.

sweet dude, when did you get that?

When we helped JB and GG get packed up. It's funny I said I wasn't going to use it, just set it up in my living room with hoarded clubs, but its too damn pretty for that. I've been using it ever since.

When we helped JB and GG get packed up. It's funny I said I wasn't going to use it, just set it up in my living room with hoarded clubs, but its too damn pretty for that. I've been using it ever since.

I'm thinking about getting another one to game.

Pondering a Nunchuk driver shaft. After seeing 4000 rpms of backspin in my B-stone ball fitting, reading up on the Nunchuk shaft, and hitting the Nunchuk hybrid shaft well (so far), I think it could be a great fit. I need to PM super tuna, but what other low spin shafts should I be looking at? I like the feel and flight of the Ahina, but I'm obviously losing yardage. Maybe the 910D2 is not right for me? Hmmm. Mind bottling pondering right now.

Need a club to replace my R11 3 wood I cant hit well. (worm burner or slice everytime) Was thinking of buying an AMP 4 or 5 wood or a Mashie wood. Anyone suggest a pretty easy to get in the air fairway wood for beginners?

Need a club to replace my R11 3 wood I cant hit well. (worm burner or slice everytime) Was thinking of buying an AMP 4 or 5 wood or a Mashie wood. Anyone suggest a pretty easy to get in the air fairway wood for beginners?

The rails on the Mashie really help with this. Maybe even a Mashie M2 or M3 would be beneficial for you. I have never hit the AMP so I cant compare but I own a FW3 and Mashie M3 and M4.

Mashie no doubt

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I have ALWAYS struggled with fairway woods and the Mashie Fairway really did change that. More managable club length, easy to get up in the air off the tee and the deck, and just as long for me as any other fairway out there. Go hit one if you can.

Pondering a Nunchuk driver shaft. After seeing 4000 rpms of backspin in my B-stone ball fitting, reading up on the Nunchuk shaft, and hitting the Nunchuk hybrid shaft well (so far), I think it could be a great fit. I need to PM super tuna, but what other low spin shafts should I be looking at? I like the feel and flight of the Ahina, but I'm obviously losing yardage. Maybe the 910D2 is not right for me? Hmmm. Mind bottling pondering right now.

Check out the Nunchuk, Matrix Black Tie, Speeder 6.2 or 7.2, Miyasaki Black or Indigo or the Tour AD DI6 or DI7 come to mind first.

Check out the Nunchuk, Matrix Black Tie, Speeder 6.2 or 7.2, Miyasaki Black or Indigo or the Tour AD DI6 or DI7 come to mind first.

Thanks Stephen! I'll check those out. I knew I should've bought Jman's Miyazaki Black. *kicks self*

Thanks for the replies. I will def go try a Mashie now. Golfsmiths has a 20% off which brings it to 109. Not bad, but Id like to hit one first.

Titleist 910 D2 with a 61 gram Miyazaki Dromos.

Thanks Stephen! I'll check those out. I knew I should've bought Jman's Miyazaki Black. *kicks self*

Too bad USPS killed it. Sad-day.

Ponder of the CFS vs CT's in my 8i is over, I just can't make the change right now, I'm playing too well. I will say this, I think this winter I'll be installing the full set of CFS's in to try, I like the lighter weight a little bit. This makes me ponder Aerotech's.

Also pondering how the THP Tour Van KBS custom silver wedge shaft is gonna play in the SCOR 45! Its curing in the corner and will get its shot tomorrow.

Shafts for my new secret set of irons. I think i may give the C Tapers a try. I need Blind 9 to return my phone call =(

Shafts for my new secret set of irons. I think i may give the C Tapers a try. I need Blind 9 to return my phone call =(

what flex Jrod?

Also pondering how the THP Tour Van KBS custom silver wedge shaft is gonna play in the SCOR 45! Its curing in the corner and will get its shot tomorrow.

This has me pondering the black nickel in black oxide J40 wedges.

This has me pondering the black nickel in black oxide J40 wedges.

I couldn't let the awesome wedge shaft JB and GG gave me from the Tour Van in Austin just sit, plus, it looks pretty slick next to the C-Tapers. Could be an interesting transition into the Spinners for me, we shall see, worth a try.

I am excited to see what the super secret set is

Hey I've always wondered about something, why do so many people used forged wedges? Is it just the bigger variety with forged, or the bounce options.

I know there are a few guys on here even have scor wedges replacing their pw, and 9 irons.

~edit~ after doing a little research I see that I had a misunderstanding of wedges. So while they are not all forged, my question is still unanswered from the research I have done. But it needs to be rephrased

Why do so many people use dedicated wedges? One that do not come in sets but separate ones. Is there an advantage or is it a look thing? Does variety of loft, bounce and other things come into play?

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Last edited:
I'm pondering if I should try to get my HD6 with the broken st8fit adapter retiped for free, or just go ahead and pull it and throw a R11S adapter on it.

A insert SeeMore.

I'm pondering if I should try to get my HD6 with the broken st8fit adapter retiped for free, or just go ahead and pull it and throw a R11S adapter on it.

Repair first, then pull it later = best of both worlds. Straight up pull = no more warranty = no option to get it repaired at a later date.

Hey I've always wondered about something, why do so many people used forged wedges? Is it just the bigger variety with forged, or the bounce options.

I know there are a few guys on here even have scor wedges replacing their pw, and 9 irons.

~edit~ after doing a little research I see that I had a misunderstanding of wedges. So while they are not all forged, my question is still unanswered from the research I have done. But it needs to be rephrased

Why do so many people use dedicated wedges? One that do not come in sets but separate ones. Is there an advantage or is it a look thing? Does variety of loft, bounce and other things come into play?

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.
some sets wedges werent appealing to me except for the pw which i dont really use as a wedge anyways since i take full swings with it
the wedges i bought that werent part of a set, give me alot more flexibility with shots i attempt to hit if that makes sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back