Cleveland 588 MB Irons

MWard

I do not play well with others
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Finally took the 588mb's out for a full 18. Front 8 was a little rough, shooting 38. Hit pw on my 9th to 5ft and drained it and something clicked. Turned in 41. Back 9, 7 gir's hit and carded a 37 with a double. Not sure what clicked, but I went from hitting them low and hooking to high and straight. Couple times the club in hand was going rbz far. Pretty weird for 9i to go 7i distance.

What surprised me the most was a couple toe shots didn't turn out so bad. Lost about 5 yds but still went straight. I was floored. I don't think I've had that much fun on a back 9 in a while.

When hitting in the center of the face, they feel phenomenal. I feel just a thud. Outside that, hitting one towards the toe stung a little bit but the ball still went pretty well. Hit it on the grooveless toe and it's gonna come up pretty short though and feel awful, but any club is going to do that though.

As far as workability, I didn't really attempt to do anything. Solid contact was my primary goal and whatever the result was, so be it. That might have made it a little easier for me to hit since I didn't care where it went, just that it was hit.

Face of the 588 PW

cimg1640g.jpg

Player's view of the PW

cimg1638o.jpg

Close up view of the 5i

cimg1631j.jpg

Back of the 5i

cimg1613g.jpg

I'm glad your results with these have gotten better. They are some sexy irons. I really liked them at the outing, and was surprised how well I hit them. I know I don't have the ball striking to hit these consistently, but I imagine they would be fun on my better days.

Is that offset on the 5i or just the angle of the picture?

Is that offset on the 5i or just the angle of the picture?

Knowing my camera skills, the angle of the picture. Per Cleveland's website, there's .125" of offset though.

Wake, when we play again I'll bring em. It was a nasty tale of two 9's though. I didn't have it on the first 9 (or 8 I guess) I played but when I hit one good shot with them and knew it was possible, I think I relaxed and just stopped caring about what it did or didn't do.

Based on those numbers you should have played these lAst week

I'm glad your results with these have gotten better. They are some sexy irons. I really liked them at the outing, and was surprised how well I hit them. I know I don't have the ball striking to hit these consistently, but I imagine they would be fun on my better days.

Based on those numbers you should have played these lAst week

Based on my numbers last week, I should have been on the 12th floor the entire time by the pool. I'd be ok with rounds like this, minus the two stupid doubles. Started on 10.

25715177.jpg

I really liked the mb/cb that I demoed. I love the look of the all around head and face. The laser grooves are awesome. I could see why a lot of people have gravitated to these. I also found the mb to have a touch of forgiveness for an mb which was nice.

Dang Ward! I missed that you had gotten all MB's, I was thinking you went with a combo set. Stunning looks!

Dang Ward! I missed that you had gotten all MB's, I was thinking you went with a combo set. Stunning looks!

Nope, the CB's big brother. I'm only going 5-pw though for now. I want to get used to these more before I even think about trying the 3 and 4. I may never to be honest. Hitting a hybrid 4i is a lot easier to hit for every shot except maybe the low punch shot. I'd rather just not put myself in position to need the low punch shot like that.

Honestly these things are so freaking gorgeous. Too much iron for me but glad you are striking em well

Those look sharp glad they come around on the back 9
Sorry if I missed it, what shaft did you go with?

Glad you're hitting them well dude. Those irons are sexy! I wouldn't mind having the combo set of those but I don't think I could go full set of blades.

Those are stunners MW. Pure stunners! Nice thoughts so far buddy.

Those look sharp glad they come around on the back 9
Sorry if I missed it, what shaft did you go with?

They've got stock S300's in them. Not sure what I'd put in them in the future if I get tired of the S300's.

Glad you're hitting them well dude. Those irons are sexy! I wouldn't mind having the combo set of those but I don't think I could go full set of blades.

You could do it I bet. You saw what I did at Reunion. Just do nothing at all similar to that and you should be just fine.

Do they have zip grooves on all the clubs or is it just the scoring clubs? They do look sweet when looking at the back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thosearesoincrediblysexy

Do they have zip grooves on all the clubs or is it just the scoring clubs? They do look sweet when looking at the back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All of them have zip grooves. I really think it helps me hold some greens.

Those are stunners MW. Pure stunners! Nice thoughts so far buddy.

Thanks man, I'll keep this thread updated with anything fun I do with them. Playing again tomorrow it looks like, let's see if the good luck on that back 9 carries over,

3i-pw have em. I wasn't getting massive backspin, but the ball was landing and settling when it landed really fast. I'm more than ok with that.

These are my favorite Irons on the market. They are incredible to hit and look stunning. I only wish I could game them.

Beauties. Thanks for the pics, ward. Hope you continue to enjoy them. I had a great little CB practice session tonight and I suppose I'll wait to talk about it tomorrow.

Those sure are lookers. Very pretty irons. I love lusting over blades.

Those are great looking bro. Keep us updated I can't imagine gaming those

Took these out again today, although on a short executive style course. Had a pretty decent day with them as I did the day before. Only had 2 holes with bad swings, and those bad swings put me into a hazard. When I'd try and set up for a fade, I'd hit a heavy block. When I'd try to hit a normal draw, I was hitting some really pretty shots. I had several birdie putts inside 15ft today with these and was fortunate enough to convert a couple. I think a little more steady practice with these and I wouldn't have too much trouble gaming them in a 5-pw setup. 3 and 4 I'm still too timid (and lazy) to try. The 4 hybrid and 7w I have are much easier to hit than the 3i and 4i. Not sure I have much reason to want to punish myself with them.

For the day, I hit 72.2% of my greens. Several of those were with wedges though. If I take those out and rely just on 5i-pw, I hit 75% of my greens with them.

Playing again on Monday, I'm going to use the 75% as a benchmark to see how they work themselves out.

Man those sticks are works of art! have fun swingin those bad boys! i recently made the switch to mb's (mizunos) and i dont know if i could ever go back to cavities!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Solid numbers there. How do you like them compared to the Mizunos? I won't ask about those other things you had.

Back