Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

I just took a quick peak at the J40 FW specs and both the 14* & 16* are produced at 43". Not sure how that compares to other OEM's and if they change 1/2" or not, etc.

If I remember right the Cleveland Launchers were the same length in the 15* and 17* and that 17* was a beast! I'm kind of hoping the same thing for this one. Seriously regretting not tinkering with the settings now. Hopefully the guys in ATL will give it a full rundown.

I hope it effects it awesomely. What's the stock length of the 3wood?

Haha, hell if I know man. The amps started at 43.5" and decreased by .25", I'd imagine it' would be similar

Dude, I've never had that opportunity before. I think it would be fun to try. I imagine a 13* 3 wood would be great when courses are playing firmer and faster. What do you think?

This is exciting to me as well! Never had a strong 3W

You think you would play a 13*?

I have to admit, it has me intrigued. Im excited to see these in person, looks like they have a smaller head profile, which I quite like.

Other than head color it will remind you a lot of what you have now at address.

Dude, I've never had that opportunity before. I think it would be fun to try. I imagine a 13* 3 wood would be great when courses are playing firmer and faster. What do you think?
Im not opposed to the idea, but I imagine I would see low line drive bullets with a 13* 3W. Since discovering the awesomeness of the F5, my 3W usage off the deck has gone down a bit, and primarily use a 3W off the tee on shorter Par 4 and what not. I think a 13* off the tee could be beastly, like Black 3W beastly.

If I remember right the Cleveland Launchers were the same length in the 15* and 17* and that 17* was a beast! I'm kind of hoping the same thing for this one. Seriously regretting not tinkering with the settings now. Hopefully the guys in ATL will give it a full rundown.

Haha, hell if I know man. The amps started at 43.5" and decreased by .25", I'd imagine it' would be similar
That's what I am thinking about with having this set at 17*. I loved my 17* FL, thing was a MONSTER. I really cant hit this club soon enough.

All of the options on lofts in this club just sound incredible, and would allow you to really change a bag setup based on course and conditions.

That's what I am thinking about with having this set at 17*. I loved my 17* FL, thing was a MONSTER. I really cant hit this club soon enough.

All of the options on lofts in this club just sound incredible, and would allow you to really change a bag setup based on course and conditions.

Very true man, it's impressive engineering by Cobra. Now that the embargo date is over maybe you guys can shoot some quick vids from the range showing somebody going through the adjustments?

Gotta come in around the $199 mark.

One thing that has been on my mind lately is how changing the lofts say from 13* to 16* or however much it can change. With the shaft length staying the same I wonder how that will effect trajectory and distance?

good point, Danny....here is the chart from Callaway on the Razr Fit Fairway wood
3 15° 56° Adjustable RH / LH 43. D2
5 18°56.5° AdjustableRH / LH 42.25 D2

So the 15* is 3/4 of an inch longer and and a full half degree difference is lie angle and that's just going from 15* to 18*

Anyone know the stock shaft in the hybrid?

Oh Cobra. You continue to make my favorite woods in the business.

I did not get to hit these woods as much as I would have liked but they were getting great reviews!

I think I shall try.. I am in the market, but the colors.... hmm.....

Thank goodness I can only hit mashie's or i'd be tempted.

I am really excited about these and the drivers, love how much adjustability is built into these, having one FW that can be tuned to that many lofts can be a game changer.

It is definitely MyFly.
Correction. It is definitely McFly. Or at least on here it's gonna be!!
I still wish they had just a black one. I don't like the colors really. Especially not on the face.

Holy crap! This is what I have been looking for. Love the idea of having 4 or 5 clubs in one to setup perfect distance for any course. I just wish I could make it to a stop to give these a try.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Well fortunatelacasual ones. As a lefty I'm try a 3wood that I can strengthen the loft on
What loft ya looking for? I'm a lefty as well and have a 13 strong I don't use

Last edited:
my word, these are now at the top of my list for this weekend. They are beautiful looking clubs. I love the sole and square lines from the top view. And they packer so much into one club. I like the concept of filling gaps.

Cobra has really gotten my atention with these fairway woods. I am gong to have to try them out in the 3-4 model most likely.

Man, I gotta admit, I'm am VERY intrigued with this entire line up.

These look nice. I'm not sure what color I'd go with go.

Very nice looking heads. I hope the shaft wil be sufficient for us 110 MPH's

That's pretty DARN fast, RoDerick.

I'm really looking forward to this thing. Can't wait to have a FW I can tune a little bit.

That's pretty DARN fast, RoDerick.

I'm really looking forward to this thing. Can't wait to have a FW I can tune a little bit.

I couldn't agree more. There is a couple little tight/short courses I play in the summers that it would be GREAT to tune this thing down to 13* and never even think about the driver in the round, then back at my home course tune it back to 15*. So freaking cool. I was a super fan of this one in Iowa.

I couldn't agree more. There is a couple little tight/short courses I play in the summers that it would be GREAT to tune this thing down to 13* and never even think about the driver in the round, then back at my home course tune it back to 15*. So freaking cool. I was a super fan of this one in Iowa.

When are they coming out James?

I believe they will be released in Feb.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

That's a long time away.

Cobra should release them next week.

Back