Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

2Shoes: that is the way I understand it was well.

Both the CELL and the CELL PRO can be set to neutral. CELL can be moved to draw at different lofts and CELL PRO can be moved to fade at different lofts. They also come with different shafts and the CELL PRO can be moved to a lower loft than the CELL.

CELL PRO is also 440cc while the CELL is 460cc.

I think what we have is a targeted audience with each club with the CELL catering to the average golfer that battles the slice and the CELL PRO catering to more of a players club (for lack of a better term) that wants to create left to right movement of the ball along with the smaller club head.

At least that's how I read into it....
Thanks for that breakdown, MC. I look forward to seeing this one in person and giving it a few swings.

Regular AMP cell for me, all the way. I can L to R on my own.

I like the ability to adjust loft specific without impacting the face angle. That has to make production much easier.

Regular AMP cell for me, all the way. I can L to R on my own.
If going L to R is for the better player...I am PRO-FESSIONAL! :D

I get it now...just thought it was wierd that it was one way or the other.

What's that suppose to mean? FrankA is a heck of a fella

He quoted and changed the original quote. Usually done to be funny.

Fixed it for you....OR FIFY

I didn't find anything amusing at all. I see I'll be dealing with a buncha smartasses in this particular forum! Keyboard tough guys! Noted

I didn't find anything amusing at all. I see I'll be dealing with a buncha smartasses in this particular forum! Keyboard tough guys! Noted

Oh come on, now don't do that. It might have been not in the greatest taste, but in the end it was a joke. No need to get defensive, we're here to help.

Well after effectively derailing this thread, back on topic, I cannot wait to see this in the MC staffers hands.

Deep breath everyone. Let's focus on the awesomeness that is and will be the AMP Cell driver.

A silver one may just call my name down the road.

Very nice looking heads. I hope the shaft wil be sufficient for us 110 MPH's

What's that suppose to mean?

Let's get this back on track. The Fixed quote was done as a joke, there was nothing malicious about it, but as a new member I can see the misunderstanding. No one here was trying to insult anyone.

Oh come on, now don't do that. It might have been not in the greatest taste, but in the end it was a joke. No need to get defensive, we're here to help.

I never posted that Nate. But as I did say before, keyboard tough guys attempting to make jokes since there's no fear of physical repercussions. Go write a sitcom if you wanna make jokes.

Deep breath everyone. Let's focus on the awesomeness that is and will be the AMP Cell driver.

A silver one may just call my name down the road.

Well I agree Jman, the silver does look SLICK! I'm just iffy on the stock shaft, but thats an easy fix for a club/shaft ho like me.

(Back to the clubs!)

I never posted that Nate. But as I did say before, keyboard tough guys attempting to make jokes since there's no fear of physical repercussions. Go write a sitcom if you wanna make jokes.

Enough, it was a joke, it was not meant to be rude, it wasn't a keyboard tough guy it was just a member making a joke that, unfortunately, you took the wrong way. It's all over now, let's move on.

Kuro Kage is a relatively new shaft from Mitsubishi. It is a mid launch mid spin shaft. I know Super Tuna could tell you a lot about it. I know a few people who are playing it their 3 woods and really like it.

Well they got this shaft right. There is no quit even when pumped up. The range was a valley with an uphill slop for the landing area so distance was a bit hard to judge as was ball flight. If I had to say, I would say I was getting a mid/high ball.

Through the zone it just moved with very little resistance. The dual face does mute the impact but the feel is still there.

Can anyone compare the Classic to the AMP Cell? I hate reading good things about drivers, it leeds to new toys.

Can anyone compare the Classic to the AMP Cell? I hate reading good things about drivers, it leeds to new toys.

I've really only hit the classic 310, but I do prefer it to the cell.. I think the sound is more lively and the shaft holds up better when I step on it.

Looks wise and adjustability wise I think they did a wonderful job with the new AMP. I can't wait to hit he x flex.

AMP Cell>Classic IMO

Well I'd hit that against what Cleveland comes up with next year rather than this year's Classic....

I've really only hit the classic 310, but I do prefer it to the cell.. I think the sound is more lively and the shaft holds up better when I step on it.

Looks wise and adjustability wise I think they did a wonderful job with the new AMP. I can't wait to hit he x flex.

The cell does give off a very muted sound when hit.

Thanks

AMP Cell>Classic IMO

Close or hands down AMP?

Well I'd hit that against what Cleveland comes up with next year rather than this year's Classic....

Change can be good or bad, knowing Cleveland its got to be better.

Back