2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was chatting with Callaway Chad on Twitter today and he said that we will know more about the 2013 Callaway offering very soon.

His exact words were: P.S. - you'll find out more info verrrry sooonnnn...

I like this A LOT!!!! Can't wait to hear all the info about the new irons whether I'm repped by them or not. I am just excited for them as a company and how great their new products are looking.

I will cover the golf for both of you if it were to happen. Hotel and airfare, you are on your own.

That's what I'm talking about. I'll just ding deal it up through SouthWorst and stay with family. I think Carlsbad is definitely the way to go for anyone that can make the trip.

I'm starting to get jealous of all you year-round golfers again now that its getting cold.

Rates down here can almost double. Yeah we can still play but there's something about paying double for mediocrity on some courses that never sits well for me. One course for example, I saw tee times at 2-3pm for 10-12 dollars a couple weeks ago. Same course, same time, now 30.

Rates down here can almost double. Yeah we can still play but there's something about paying double for mediocrity on some courses that never sits well for me. One course for example, I saw tee times at 2-3pm for 10-12 dollars a couple weeks ago. Same course, same time, now 30.

Do many courses down there do memberships or are they just per-round rates?

Was chatting with Callaway Chad on Twitter today and he said that we will know more about the 2013 Callaway offering very soon.

This is great, between the pics of the New line plus the radio show, I'm super interested to learning more about what's on the slate for 2013

Jake, there's a Performance Center in Kansas City. Just saying.

Question for all of the Morgan Cup rookies.

What are you most excited about? Be honest, if it's the thrill of a good match and intense competition then let's hear about it. If it's a bag full of gear you may want to lie. Otherwise no wrong answers here!

What if anything are you most nervous about?

Awesome!!!!! I swear I could order my irons right now. The 2013 X Forged are SWEET looking. Then again I am sure whatever we're going to soon find out about will be very awesome as well. Everything about the future of Callaway Golf just screams awesome right now.

To be perfectly Honest I'm just waiting to see what comes next. The idea of the unknown is pretty cool to me. No sure what to expect since things are always evolving. I guess with each annoucement I'll get more and more excited but now I am really wondering what I should do next.

What are you most excited about? Be honest, if it's the thrill of a good match and intense competition then let's hear about it. If it's a bag full of gear you may want to lie. Otherwise no wrong answers here!

Do many courses down there do memberships or are they just per-round rates?

Some do some don't. If I were in the MC (gotta keep it on topic somehow!) I'd use the winter to work solely on mechanics, short game, and really looking at the weaknesses and strengths in my game so I knew what I wanted in my equip and what it could do to turn weaknesses into strengths too.

Also, would do a lot of bunker work based on both the courses hehe

There wasn't anything quite like making a clutch putt in the MC. That's the kind of stuff that got my pumped up.

At the moment I'm most excited to find out my sponsor and team lol.

Over one it will be taking in the whole experience. Sure the clubs and gear are cool and I look forward to the selection process, but the competition and the comraderie between those 32 guys and volunteers out there that weekend will be somethig I will cherish forever.

Don't really get too nervous. I want to get my game fine tuned enough I don't embaress myself too much. Rest assured when the dust settles I will leave myrtle with a smile on my face

Wow, that's impressive that you're already getting out there.

I just checked for Callaway Performance Centers near me and it looks like Overland Park, KS is the nearest. Interestingly enough, Chicago is not showing up on their list. I did find out that the Austad's golf right in here Sioux Falls is a certified Callaway Fitting Studio though, that is awesome!

Very cool P4B, I can't wait to see the coverage of your performance center experience!!!

Jake you better let me know when you do anything MC related. I will be there in support!

There wasn't anything quite like making a clutch putt in the MC. That's the kind of stuff that got my pumped up.

This or when someone in your group hits a truly marvelous shot on camera. Doesn't even have to be someone on your own team.

Jake, there's a Performance Center in Kansas City. Just saying.

Wow, that's impressive that you're already getting out there.

I just checked for Callaway Performance Centers near me and it looks like Overland Park, KS is the nearest. Interestingly enough, Chicago is not showing up on their list. I did find out that the Austad's golf right in here Sioux Falls is a certified Callaway Fitting Studio though, that is awesome!
I didn't see that you had already mentioned the O.P. location. It's at Edwin Watts, by the way and it's where I went. Come on down, Jake! You can stay overnight here and we can go golfing while you're here! Probably won't be doing anything until March or so anyway I would think.

Awesome!!!!! I swear I could order my irons right now. The 2013 X Forged are SWEET looking. Then again I am sure whatever we're going to soon find out about will be very awesome as well. Everything about the future of Callaway Golf just screams awesome right now.

Yup. Amazing stuff happening over there for sure!!

I'm excited about being a part of something this big, and this unique, and this amazing. Really I'm excited about everything, but what I'm most excited about journey leading up to the MC.

I'm most nervous about possibly s____ing (h-rocketing). I don't want to say it! It's not something that happens often but it creeps in from time to time. It was definitely due to a swing flaw and since I've started "rebuilding" my swing they haven't happened since, so I'm hoping that wont be an issue.

Dude, soooo many things.. I don't think a "most" is appropriate...

1a - Being a part of an 8 man team. I am incredibly pumped by that.
1b - True Blue and Caledonia -- I hear they are incredible.
1c - Being able to be on the front lines sharing my thoughts on a full bag of equipment, leading the charge on getting THPers more knowledgeable of what I'm hitting.
1d - Becoming a part of THP history

I'm sure there's more.. I'm just excited to be a Morgan Cupper. So cool.

So excited to see what's in store. From driver to irons to wedges callaway is looking like they are gonna hit it out of the park!

Jconn - don't fear the s word. You won't be alone if you do it. It happens.

Posted via tapatalk.

Posted via tapatalk.

Yup!! For instance, last year Howzat hit a freaking $$$$ shot to about 4 feet to for us to stay even with TC and Tmex. I honestly didn't even want to swing his shot was so good. Over the ball, I said, "I don't even want to swing right here......" HUGE CHUNK hhahahhahahhaha it was priceless because it was on video. Then I drilled the birdie putt.

Jake, I'm also digging the unknown; the what's behind door number 2 excitement!! I like that! But right now, curious what OEM I will have the pleasure in working with. I totally plan on visiting the OEM's performance center and go the whole 9 yards no matter where they are located. Next would be my captain. Can't wait to find out what team I'm on. That will set the tone the rest of the way. Finally, my teammates! Can't wait to see who the 8 will be.

Posted via tapatalk.

Yea, i know everyone has bad shots but that just makes me sick to my stomach. I don't really fear it in my normal rounds anymore, but with the big stage of the MC I'm sure I'll be nervous and that was when they used to creep in once in a while. Like I said, since my swing change about a month ago it hasn't been an issue.

Yup!! For instance, last year Howzat hit a freaking $$$$ shot to about 4 feet to for us to stay even with TC and Tmex. I honestly didn't even want to swing his shot was so good. Over the ball, I said, "I don't even want to swing right here......" HUGE CHUNK hhahahhahahhaha it was priceless because it was on video. Then I drilled the birdie putt.

Ha ha ha, that is funny (looking back at it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back