Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

ryebread: I did see something yesterday or this morning that was discussing how the cavity design really helped to improve the audio feedback from this driver. Will be interesting to hear for certain.

I've never got on with a Nike driver yet. The closest I've come is the Machspeed black, which was alright for me. Not saying they aren't good, but I'm waiting on them surprising me....maybe this time.

A painter did this last night for the reveal in 4 minutes. Pretty cool.

[video=youtube;erzo-QSTUxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzo-QSTUxs[/video]

I know I am new to posting here, but I have been reading here for a long time. I am pretty sure that 95% of you guys who say you won't play it for the looks, would play this thing if it looked like a tomato, stem and all, if it performs. For the most part, you guys are all about performance. If this thing is long and straight you won't let something that a little touch-up paint can hide keep you from hitting more fairways and scoring better. I am not a Nike guy, but I will try anything. If it works for me and improves my game consistently, it goes in the bag. Just sayin...

That's pretty cool cookie. Was that John from Lost though? haha

It's creating some buzz for sure, that's awesome!

That is absolutely awesome! 4 minutes?!

Dude that's awesome.

I really really like the looks of this bad boy

Red? Is that red? Really? I don't get this at all. Nothing ''covert'' about it.
thats pretty funny, I didnt even think of that.

I actually like the look...I am interested to see how it performs

That painting video is just awesome.

Watching that guy paint at the release was pretty cool.

As someone who games one of the funkier designs from Nike, this new stick looks pretty tame in comparison. I'm really looking forward to the spring demo season when I can get this bad boy outside.

Who knew John Locke could paint?

I wonder how many times he practiced that?

thats pretty darn impressive. Like his all white outfit

That painting vid was pretty cool, I for one like the red on the Covert and think it looks pretty BA, I am looking forward to being able to actually swing this driver.

John Locke......LOL!!! Nice Hanks! Was thinking the same thing!

I like the adjustable drivers. I like the red. I don't think I like the swoosh on the crown. But as with any club....I want to hit it!

I just literally drooled over the keyboard, this looks sick!!!

I know this thread isn't for the irons, but I saw a few pictures when I googled the Driver earlier. Please put me on the list to Review those if THP gets the opportunity. Wow, I want to hit them.

I know this thread isn't for the irons, but I saw a few pictures when I googled the Driver earlier. Please put me on the list to Review those if THP gets the opportunity. Wow, I want to hit them.

Yes, same I've always hit Nike stuff well, but haven't ever purchased any before. Maybe that'll change in 2013, and I do happen to have a B. Asha I could meander into that driver.

Wow, who knew golfers were such a fragile bunch. I'm curious as to how can the swoosh be distracting, its just sitting there.
I think if I were distracted by a stationary object on the driver, that would say more about me than anything.

I think it looks freaking sweet. I like the swoosh there.

Wow, who knew golfers were such a fragile bunch. I'm curious as to how can the swoosh be distracting, its just sitting there.
I think if I were distracted by a stationary object on the driver, that would say more about me than anything.

i don't like it that much its actually the only thing look wise that i would change. i just don't like a busy top of my driver. never have.

boy this looks solid i want to hit it and see how it feels in hand. very interesting technology though.

The force is strong in you, some are distracted by things such as bright white swoosh on the head of a driver. Some don't mind but it boils fine to individual taste and preference. I don't think liking or not liking it makes any fragile.

I'd rather seen the swoosh small and black as an alignment aid, as I think most golfers like an alignment aid on their driver. I personally don't, but I do like the looks of this. The idea and technolgy behind it are pretty awesome.

Real easy. Its bright white and in an odd location for something that might draw my attention from the center where I want to hit the ball. And what the hell does that say about me that I might be distracted by that? Please explain.

That abomination is god awful looking. Nike what drugs are you taking? It would have to give me 50 extra yards and come with sunglasses to repel that red luster.

Back