THP Preview - Nike VR_S Covert Irons

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a little information on the next generation of the Nike VR_S iron line.

The 3-7 irons are cast from a high-strength, 450-Carpenter steel to maximize ball speed for added distance. The short irons - 8-iron through wedge - are made from 1704 stainless steel for a to enhance the feel.

The stock shaft is True Temper Dynamic Gold, and the clubs should cost about $699.

Nike-VR_S-Covert-Irons-Topper_640-640x330-L.jpg

hawk do you have them in hand? or just a preview?

• Staff
Not a big fan of the "covert" on it to be honest

No, I do not. Just a little info and a picture we received.

just curious.... very interesting look. looks like the paint is chipped or something in the middle near the sole already..

I a guessing that is a prototype in the photo as the paint fill looks pretty sloppy.

Regardless, not the biggest fan of the covert word on it but definitely intrigued with the cavity engineering that Nike is using for 2013.

is it just me or does it look like a $ sign in the middle??

• Staff
just curious.... very interesting look. looks like the paint is chipped or something in the middle near the sole already..

Yea, paintfill doesn't look brand new either.

While the back of the club looks WAY too busy for me, I am definitely intrigued at how the cavity is going to affect performance in this club. I also assume that they will try to bring that Nex-cor (sp) face tech into the irons.

Hmm interesting look. Nice from address, horrid from behind. It really lives up to its name!

Um.....

I'm going to try and hold back my thoughts until I can see them in hand somewhere. Try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not terrible looking. Looking forward to more information and pictures.

I a guessing that is a prototype in the photo as the paint fill looks pretty sloppy.

Regardless, not the biggest fan of the covert word on it but definitely intrigued with the cavity engineering that Nike is using for 2013.

My thoughts exactly Cookie

Those look okay. I'd like to hear/see more though.

Nike is really taking it to another level with the cavity sizes on this line of clubs. Interestingly, though, you don't see the gaping cavities at address. Maybe that is the thought process behind the name.

These must be Rorys gamers for next year ;)

Deffs a prototype, look terrible!

Hmm, not something I am super fond of.

At address its ok, but my god that's an ugly back

Don't care for the Covert on it either....cavity looks interesting....pretty wide top line too

This looks like a step backwards from last year to me. I would have a hard time gaming these unless they were remarkably better than other options.

Um.....

I'm going to try and hold back my thoughts until I can see them in hand somewhere. Try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, my thoughts too bro.

So far I'd say I'm not a fan but that could change when I get better in hand pics.

Interesting. I just don't see how this is a step forward from last year's line at all.

Seems backward engineering. Most irons have weight behind center for well struck shots.

It looks like they are geared for toe and heel shots and would punish you on we'll struck shots.

I have no problem with these and I bet they are going to look bad ass in person. I'm not as excited about them as I am with the driver but I have confidence that Rory and many others will like these.

Umm is that a new ball? I don't recall a nike ball with a swoosh and red number like that.

Back