What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A horrible 46/40=86, no birdies, 32 putts, 64.3% fairways and 27.8% GIRs. I started on the 16th hole in our weekly blitz and was 4 over thru 7 hole when I hit the worse 6 hole stretch I have had in quite a while. 10 over for the 6, then I settled down and parred the last five in a row. I hope I got all of those bad shots out of my system before the THP Invitational this Saturday.

+10
wow i need to talk to my swing coach
the ball was going every frikken where
tee shots... sucked
approach shots... see above so that means i didnt have too many real "approaches" and when i did... sucked
chipping... oops i mean blading... sucked
putting... well it rained last night so the greens were super slow but thats not an excuse cuz i was hitting them 40ft past the hole every single time... i had to double check if i was actually using my driver
i need to fix things with a quickness

Nicely done Mr. Thainer.

Ball 1 hitting anser 43
Ball 2 hitting classic 40

Got out and played yesterday afternoon...pretty solid round...had some struggles with the middle irons but putted and chipped really well...It was a pretty good round for playing in 25 mph winds.

41/40 = 81
1 Penalty for tee shot OOB
3 bunker shots
9/13 Fairways
5 GIR (this is where I really need to improve....if I am shooting low 80's with 5 GIR....what could I do with 10 or 12?)
29 putts ( I love it when this number is under 30)

Nice round Thain, scrambling pretty well today I see.

Shot an up & down 80 (PAR 71). Like JB, a tale of two 9s! 43 on the front but a super solid 37 on the back.
Credit to some :banana:power halfway!

great round thainer

Shot 41/52 for my best round of the year! If it wasn't for the 3 penalty strokes on 18 and 1 on 15 I would have broke 90. I had a few bad shot out of absolutely terrible lies around the greens balls sitting on dirt surrounded by grass that didn't help my score. My scrambling was awesome had a ton of 1 puts on the aerated greens and a few two putts cause bad bounces on the greens. I drove the ball great with the driver only had one penalty with the driver but had 2 with the 4 iron.

I honestly felt as if I played the exact way I should play.

Tapatalk killing phone batteries since day 1

Great shooting Mike and Thain!!

79 today. 40-39. Pretty solid all around just couldn't putt today. If I could have had a few drop it would have been nice. Oh well. I'll get them next time.

49/44. 134 slope from 6534 yrds.

today was horrendous
+8/+13
how is that even possible?
i didnt have enough beer and it got way too dark way too fast
i have terrible night vision so the later it got the worse i played
by the time we got to 18 i tin cupped 3 balls into the drink
3 triples on the last 4 holes
i officially suck again

today was horrendous
+8/+13
how is that even possible?
i didnt have enough beer and it got way too dark way too fast
i have terrible night vision so the later it got the worse i played
by the time we got to 18 i tin cupped 3 balls into the drink
3 triples on the last 4 holes
i officially suck again

Beer. More beer.

I shot a career round today... I went 32/36 grand total of 68... lowest round I have ever shot... will probly never have a round like this again.. six birds and 2 bogies......

Congrats on the new Personal Best APCoGolfer. I am a Ga Power retiree myself.

I shot another 41/40=81 with a double, no birdies, 31 putts, 64.3% FWs and 33.3% GIR, lipped out 4 putts including 2 for birds so it could have been better.

I shot a career round today... I went 32/36 grand total of 68... lowest round I have ever shot... will probly never have a round like this again.. six birds and 2 bogies......

Great round, congrats. It will happen again too.

Congrats on the new Personal Best APCoGolfer. I am a Ga Power retiree myself.

I shot another 41/40=81 with a double, no birdies, 31 putts, 64.3% FWs and 33.3% GIR, lipped out 4 putts including 2 for birds so it could have been better.

Dang, if those lip-outs fall, 27 putts. Good day anyway.

I got out of work with enough time to squeeze in a quick nine. It was ugly but though 8 I was only 4 over. I made a bunch of miraculous up and downs to save pars and bogeys. #9 is a short par 4 with an elevated tee box but a wide open FW so it still lends itself to hitting driver. There are overhead power lines that run parallel to the fairway and the local rule states that if you hit the power lines you have to replay the shot. As you've probably guessed my first drive hit the lines. Too bad too because it felt and looked liked it was going to be the best drive of my life. My 2nd tee shot faded right, 2nd shot completely plugged in the face of the green side bunker, (took an unplayable lie), got it out but off the green, chipped on and 2 putted for a triple. :at-wits-end: 43

81...bad finish...

96. And I'm happy about it. Played the tips at 7400 yards (which I have no business doing) in preparation for Nightmare before Christmas two man scramble. They make you play from the tips and put the pins in the toughest locations. I had 2 OB and 3 water balls but, overall, considering I'll have a partner, it was a good day.

77 round 1, 82 round 2. Driver took about half the time off and my chipping took the other half off. Fun to play 36 in 80 degree weather!

77 round 1, 82 round 2. Driver took about half the time off and my chipping took the other half off. Fun to play 36 in 80 degree weather!

Ahhhh... that sounds SO NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back