Miyazaki JDL Shaft Review Thread

WessCook

Tweet me @WessCook
Reaction score
Handicap
Here is the new JDL driver shaft from Miyazaki. It will be there shaft offering for Cleveland Golf in 2013. The shaft pictured below is the JDL 6s. I believe this shaft is the first from Miyazaki to have wrapped graphics. Based on looks alone I'm giving this shaft an 8.5 out of 10 as it is very simple, but after looking closely the graphics have a reflected ghost look almost transparent. The international flex code is 5543. I am not sure which head I will put this in yet, but will figure that out soon.

3616F1F0-53CB-4943-A5A6-E4D1B40A864E-13901-000006716D9C0B6D.jpg

3C115F06-E249-405B-8EE4-729CD33CCF2B-13901-00000674D7AB9AAF.jpg

19D2E231-AB7E-4EEA-9262-3057BFFB4EA5-13901-00000674DEDECEB4.jpg

F1FC2E05-6D47-47FF-960A-245D799C9585-13901-00000674DA3578C8.jpg

D612B40C-3801-455A-BF44-DB4274B6BC65-13901-00000674DC9A8C43.jpg

Sharp! I like that flex code.

That looks great! I can't wait for mine to come in and I definitely can't wait to get some swings in with this thing!

Very nice! This excites me!

Can't wait to hear what you decide to put it in Wess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is another beauty from Miyazaki! And wouldn't you know i just bought the 2012 Classic with the Kusala 61s in it. Keeping up with shafts seems to be like trying to stay current in the Computer world. Enjoy it Wes, looking forward to hearing the feedback of the testing

I like the graphics on this one, anxious to read your thoughts.

That looks great and can't wait for the review's and comparison of the Asha. What's the flex code on your asha?

Interesting to see where this fits in their 2013 line-up. The flex code is very close to the Dromos and Kusala Blue as well as several shafts from other companies.

Interesting. Is this replacing the Kusala?

Like the looks, will be interested to see your feedback

Awesome, graphics look great. Looks like a great offering for the 2013 line, now if we could just see the clubs to go with it.

I can't wait to see how it performs for you.

Looks nice, great pics Wess. Do you know how much it weighs?

Slightly off topic, but I must have missed it somewhere and I am a little confused. Was the B. Asha a two part testing, with the testers chosen for the B. Asha also getting to test this shaft as well?

Slightly off topic, but I must have missed it somewhere and I am a little confused. Was the B. Asha a two part testing, with the testers chosen for the B. Asha also getting to test this shaft as well?

That is correct JR. It was not public because this shaft had not reached embargo till today, but the testers chosen will be getting this shaft as well.

Very cool! Cant wait to see how it compares to the B Asha

That is correct JR. It was not public because this shaft had not reached embargo till today, but the testers chosen will be getting this shaft as well.

Daaaaaayum! Miyazaki and THP, in cahoots and being all slick and under the radar. That is cool as heck guys. Congrats!

Very nice! This excites me!

Can't wait to hear what you decide to put it in Wess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and me both body. I was thinking of pulling the 6m3 from my other Classic head, but I'm really thinking of trying something new and interchangeable and getting tips for all three shafts for an ultimate test. So with that I'm open to suggestions from the forum.

Following along with the B. Asha testing has been great, can't wait to see how this one fares once its put through the paces

Wow, this is very exciting! I can't wait to hear more.

Do we know anything else about this one? Launch, profiles, etc etc.

Very cool! Love that that y'all get to check out another Miyazaki shaft to compare/contrast and give this community some great feedback on.

Nice, that's a good looking shaft right there. Look forward to hearing more about this one.

wow that's awesome! what a great testing op that was, can't wait to see the results versus the B Asha

Do we know anything else about this one? Launch, profiles, etc etc.

Here's a question I asked Tim Gillis.
"Will the JDL shaft have a stiffer tip then B. Asha?" Mind you I asked him before I received the shaft.
His response was, "The code is 5543 so no it is softer but the butt isn't as stiff so you might get a little lower launch."

Lower launch I thought........my ears perked a little bit. So I can't wait to get this in a head and starting smashing balls.

As far as any other specs go, I don't have any. I will send Mr. Gillis an email right now.

Back