2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do NOT go for a fitting until after the PGA show. Let's say you get fit for something before the PGA show. That product you were fit for may not be on the list given to you by your tour rep.

Happened to me that i was fit for a driver shaft that was only available in Europe not the US but we only found that out when the shaft options were released. It wasn't a major issue. I contacted the guy who done the fitting and he gave me a different shaft option from the list the tour rep gave me. Like i said it was no hassle but hassle that could have been avoided.

However, it doesn't mean you can't start supporting your sponsor before that. Not that you have to mind you, but I know I like to. I will be buying some gear from whichever company I get very soon after the announcements.

Sponsors will be announced starting this week. It will not be tonight however. Stay tuned for details on when announcement will start.

Hmm...I sense...I sense expectation, anticipation and a long wait.

Damn...the same tingling as on the selection week, and teams announcement week is creeping up on me...what a feeling!

Sponsors will be announced starting this week. It will not be tonight however. Stay tuned for details on when announcement will start.

Will it be a few each night like you have been doing for the other announcements?

Hmm...I sense...I sense expectation, anticipation and a long wait.

Damn...the same tingling as on the selection week, and teams announcement week is creeping up on me...what a feeling!

Seriously!! Feels amazing!

It's getting more and more real, looking forward to more details this week

That's awesome. I can't wait to see what sponsors each person gets. Each of the sponsors have some great clubs in their previous line and I can't wait to see what's bext

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Will it be a few each night like you have been doing for the other announcements?

It will look like this graph/spreadsheet

Spoiler
Once again, you guys will have to wait and see :D

I'm hoping my patience during the team announcements will be rewarded with an early sponsorship announcement. I'm not sure I can wait a full week again.

Absolutely and I dont see harm in people being excited for certain brands. In fact its human nature and there is no issue discussing it on our end. We know every company is going to bring it this year and we know that every golfer will be in great hands.

Little story. Last year I believe someone was not thrilled when they were given their sponsor. I wont embarrass this person but I can tell you by the time it was over, that they would not have gone back and changed. It was that great a ride for them.

In the end, everybody has favorites or choices going in and its our job as tour reps to make sure they have an incredible time if the choices do not go as perfect as they would have liked. Pretty easy job with the 4 companies involved.

i think this is how i feel i don't really have a favorite i like certain things about each company..... they all are great sponsors. and i think once i find out who is my sponsor its when my mind will go into overdrive thinking about all the great possibilities on what equipment i can pick. I'm pretty sure all the sponsors are going to ROCK the MC this year. it was really great to see the sponsors really step it up last year with some amazing things that the participants got last year. exciting to think about what this year can hold.

I'm excited to see this. Is it a randomizer that selects the equipment?

I'm excited to see this. Is it a randomizer that selects the equipment?

No due to a number of factors, there are considerations that are taken to pair accordingly.

I'm hoping my patience during the team announcements will be rewarded with an early sponsorship announcement. I'm not sure I can wait a full week again.

The worst part is, that JB said the announcements would start during this week. Not that they would be completed :smile-big:

But, lets hope I'm wrong, and we will know our sponsors during this week!

No due to a number of factors, there are considerations that are taken to pair accordingly.

Makes perfect sense.....I can think of multiple factors that go into that decision. Looking forward to hearing some announcement news!!

Excited for you guys to get sponsors the next couple of days

Spoiler

Thats aweful! Pretty funny, but aweful. I look forward to seeing the revealing process, it has been very exciting so far the way everything has been done so far this year.

Spoiler

Dude that's just cruel :D

Spoiler

You big tease!!! I love it, it's going to be awesome to find out!

Do OEMs have a say at all? As to who they would prefer?

iPad tapping!

We would never discuss that. It would not be fair to a company to possibly alienate someone by choosing elsewhere. All that matters is that there are 4 great companies and each participant will be paired with one starting this week.

This is really cool in my opinion. I love that as with everything else here at THP, there is a significant thought process involved. Freaking awesome.

Not the new Cell stuff, it was the AMP Forged from last year. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble. I am super excited to see the new line as well, it looks SOOOO good!

Oh, my bad I totally misread that, I haven't hit those either, so glad they worked for you!!!

Makes me really excited for what they have to offer for 2013. I'm excited for the MC staffers that will be working with Cobra/Puma, they are in for a treat if they haven't tried their equipment before.

Some MC'ers are going to be VERY happy with the Amp Cell stuff, I to this day daydream of the 3w...and WILL have one.

I didn't get the chance to try the new Cell woods but everyone at the Ohio stop was pretty pumped about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back