Cleveland Classic XL - Sneek Peek

I expect this to be marketed as more forgiveness with a larger sweet spot. Definitely not just a styling change.

MORE Forgiveness?! BIGGER sweet spot?!

I'M IN.

Love the look of these drivers but just can't hit them!

Well dang. That little picture got all kinds of conversation going. I thought it might :D

I actually got to hold one of these a few weeks back after running into a Cleveland rep. The driver he showed me had the B. Asha 4x in it and was not adjustable in any way. It was black and gold and I think he said it was the tour model but I don't remember for sure. When held side by side to the Classic the face was about the same depth if I remember correctly. It's possible he had a one-off or a custom shaft in it.

Disappointed if there is no adjustability. I need to read the review threads to see if the JDL or BAsha is the one for me
I actually got to hold one of these a few weeks back after running into a Cleveland rep. The driver he showed me had the B. Asha 4x in it and was not adjustable in any way. It was black and gold and I think he said it was the tour model but I don't remember for sure. When held side by side to the Classic the face was about the same depth if I remember correctly. It's possible he had a one-off or a custom shaft in it.

Homeruns right there for Cleveland. So many great looking drivers coming out for the 2013 season. Could be an expensive year for me!

Very interesting. It would take a lot to pry my Classic out of my bag but I'm intrigued.

Very interesting. It would take a lot to pry my Classic out of my bag but I'm intrigued.

I feel like the rumours that a Matrix shaft might grace one of the offerings as stock would bolster your interests man!

Without getting too in depth...

XL will have one stock shaft option.

XL custom will have 4 and they should cover a number of different swing types.

Miyazaki will be available in both.

Lots of buzz for these. I like the looks of them both from what I see in the pictures. I am in the minority here, but the Cleveland Classic just didn't do it for me, for whatever reason. I haven't gamed a Cleveland driver since my HiBore, which was a beast in it's day, so I will be interested to see what Cleveland has to offer here. Adjustability has almost become a deal breaker for me. I like the idea of being able to swap out shafts if I choose and tinker with my club at the range. I think it will be a huge downer if Cleveland doesn't jump on the adjustability train this year.

Love the stylized 1 (which is missing far too often these days) and the different shades of grey.

This is a nice looking driver. Looking forward to pitting this against another couple for a spot in the bag.

Again with the bottom of the club, show me the whole potato. I know it'll be good it's been a year in the making

No BS'ing: I had a dream last night about this driver and the B Asha shaft......strange I know. Think I have a testing thread that I am overdue on catching up with! :D

Lots of buzz for these. I like the looks of them both from what I see in the pictures. I am in the minority here, but the Cleveland Classic just didn't do it for me, for whatever reason. I haven't gamed a Cleveland driver since my HiBore, which was a beast in it's day, so I will be interested to see what Cleveland has to offer here. Adjustability has almost become a deal breaker for me. I like the idea of being able to swap out shafts if I choose and tinker with my club at the range. I think it will be a huge downer if Cleveland doesn't jump on the adjustability train this year.

I agree on all points here. The Classic ever sat well with me, even after so many raved about it. Just couldnt find a combo that I hit consistently well. It sounds like this will be the year for adjustability from Cleveland, looking forward to that.

I agree on all points here. The Classic ever sat well with me, even after so many raved about it. Just couldnt find a combo that I hit consistently well. It sounds like this will be the year for adjustability from Cleveland, looking forward to that.

I struggled with the 2012 Classic as well. Great up/down forgiveness but I miss more left/right. Plus the fact that the Kusala Black was a bit too stout for me. Liking the idea of the larger sweet spot.

No BS'ing: I had a dream last night about this driver and the B Asha shaft......strange I know. Think I have a testing thread that I am overdue on catching up with! :D

That's awesome!
Gonna be some fun making that decision huh?

Which B. Asha were you thinking?

The black is pretty cool although i like the original colors too

That's awesome right there. Nothing I had seen, heard, or thought of. IF TRUE, would be exceptionally cool!
I would be so excited I may cry.

Which B. Asha were you thinking?

No idea man, I really need to catch up on that thread. Will probably be looking for a similar IFC to my Dromos which is 4423.

With all of the discussion about adjustability, assuming we do see it, I wonder if the loft / face position will be independent of one another. That seems to be hot thing this year with several OEM's bringing it in 2013.

I will own one of these with a B Asha 4s. No doubt about it.

With all of the discussion about adjustability, assuming we do see it, I wonder if the loft / face position will be independent of one another. That seems to be hot thing this year with several OEM's bringing it in 2013.
I have been thinking about that as well, Cookie. I would love to see one with an adjustable loft that doesnt affect face angle.

Back