TaylorMade RocketBladez TOUR Irons Preview

Oh hell yes.
Wilson has a post on their FB page this morning pointing out that they had basically the same thing in the 70's with their "reflex irons". I got a chuckle out of that one.

https://www.facebook.com/WilsonGolf

Ken

On the Wilson golf thing, pretty hilarious:

wilsonreflexirons-velocity-speed-slot.JPG

Just got an email from KBS that their shafts will be the stock shaft in the Tour's.

I saw this and got really excited! can't wait to see if its the tour or tour 90

Man I really like these more than the regular Rocketbladez. And the fact that they have KBS TOURs in them stock....even better. Gonna really have to give these a ponder.

These bad boys looks sick! Not liking the yellow though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I really like the size of these. This package is looking more and more enticing.

Now that is what I'm talking about! They hit stores February 2013, right?? Cannot wait to try those out. Nice looking iron.

~Rock

Simply having a real shaft in the, and not the cheap stock crap in the standard versions will make these shine.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

Simply having a real shaft in the, and not the cheap stock crap in the standard versions will make these shine.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

I'd say that's a very uneducated statement. The shaft in the non-Tour version is there for a reason. It's lighter and (I assume) it's designed to help launch the ball high, which is something that will work well for many off-the-rack buyers. Probably not what I'd look for in a shaft, but fitting the masses is more important than appealing to internet golfers.

Not to mention that there are 10 custom shaft options available.

I'd say that's a very uneducated statement. The shaft in the non-Tour version is there for a reason. It's lighter and (I assume) it's designed to help launch the ball high, which is something that will work well for many off-the-rack buyers. Probably not what I'd look for in a shaft, but fitting the masses is more important than appealing to internet golfers.
very good point Hawk!

these irons are on a short list for me ....one day

Not to mention that there are 10 custom shaft options available.

Knowledge bomb!

I for one am VERY excited!!! having used TM players' Irons in the past( 320, RAC LT, R7 TP, Tour Preferred, R9 TP) I'm sure these will perform on a high level.The Slot technology is proven and the looks are just solid!!

from pics, they don't look that much different than the regular version..

Man I really like these more than the regular Rocketbladez. And the fact that they have KBS TOURs in them stock....even better. Gonna really have to give these a ponder.

Responding almost two months later because this really comes to mind after hitting the standard RBladez..

I can't wait to see how these hit differently.

It's a good looking iron...probably beyond my game though

That is a great looking iron, I will be trying them to see how they work for me. Thanks for posting the pics.

Are the tour models forged or cast?

This may be a dumb question but I looked on the TM website and cant seem to find the answer. I would assume with the speed pocket in the longer irons that these would have to be cast but i could be wrong

They are a cast head.

After spending some time with the Rocketbladez over the weekend, I really, really want to hit the Tours.

After spending some time with the Rocketbladez over the weekend, I really, really want to hit the Tours.

I think you will like them, I hit them a few weeks back and like we talked about, similar to the R9 series IMO

Back