Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

The only downside to all of these raving reviews is I'm assuming the B Asha won't be a Callaway offering.

I hate you all. I love my Classic but I'm now wanting this.

This was certainly my favorite club that I hit today, and that includes my everyday driver. The ball absolutely JUMPS off the face! It flies. But the star of the club and all the clubs that were available to test was the B. Asha shaft. That this is SOLID. It is a light shaft but it is strong, you feel a smooth transition from backswing to downswing and you can attack the ball without worry of vibration or other ill side effects. Just amazing! Not to mention it is absolutely beautiful with artwork that includes a samauri sword fight depicted on it. I found love out there swinging that today.

You hit this thing a mile man. That was a pleasure to watch.

The only downside to all of these raving reviews is I'm assuming the B Asha won't be a Callaway offering.

I'm betting you're correct, don't think Miya was an option for the Cally guys last year.

Don't worry, it's not that great a combo /lying

I'm pretty sure I need to acquire one of these for my B. Asha. That sounds nice.

You hit this thing a mile man. That was a pleasure to watch.

It really was a pleasure to hit! Thanks again!

Probably not

I'm betting you're correct, don't think Miya was an option for the Cally guys last year.

None of the Miyasaki shafts were on our list last year, of course that's not saying things wont change, it's not on the Bridgestone list either but I am crossing my fingers :D

Was at a GolfTown today and myself and a couple strangers somehow started talking about the B. Asha shaft. There really seems to be a lot of buzz around it. What kind of distance gains (roughly) are people seeing with the RFX?

Hey JB, will there be a LH one of these at the outing? Every post in here makes me more and more interested in this.

Hey JB, will there be a LH one of these at the outing? Every post in here makes me more and more interested in this.

There will be.

This was certainly my favorite club that I hit today, and that includes my everyday driver. The ball absolutely JUMPS off the face! It flies. But the star of the club and all the clubs that were available to test was the B. Asha shaft. That this is SOLID. It is a light shaft but it is strong, you feel a smooth transition from backswing to downswing and you can attack the ball without worry of vibration or other ill side effects. Just amazing! Not to mention it is absolutely beautiful with artwork that includes a samauri sword fight depicted on it. I found love out there swinging that today.

Yeah man I saw you smash this driver on the range. I liked the B Asha too and hit it well.

I'm so accustomed to my Razr Fit that the smaller Xtreme head looked odd the first few swings. Curious to see how the 9.5 with my DI-6 will perform.

The club was nothing like I expected. The head shape isn't a departure from the Callaway mold just different from last years design. I want to say it is similar to the Big Bertha II in its shape. I hit a handful of balls and paired with the right shaft this will be a beast.

The club was nothing like I expected. The head shape isn't a departure from the Callaway mold just different from last years design. I want to say it is similar to the Big Bertha II in its shape. I hit a handful of balls and paired with the right shaft this will be a beast.

Is this early Freddie approval??

Good. I like the shape of old Callaway drivers. I hope the 11.5* is available in LH. I asked Chad and Harry on Twitter, so I should know soon.

I'm liking the sound of this more and more

Is this early Freddie approval??
Based on an immediate once over the pear shaped head is nice departure from the bulbous heads we have seen from drivers over the past couple of years. The shaft setup that was present is a sweet combo just too soft for me. With custom options available I don't see this driver missing. I managed a few smooth passes and I can see early that with a proper fitting it will flat preform.

Based on an immediate once over the pear shaped head is nice departure from the bulbous heads we have seen from drivers over the past couple of years. The shaft setup that was present is a sweet combo just too soft for me. With custom options available I don't see this driver missing. I managed a few smooth passes and I can see early that with a proper fitting it will flat preform.
Thorough as always Freddie, I'd expect nothing less, thank you. Good stuff, it add fuel to the fire for me!

I bet the soft shaft would work well for a senior golfer huh Freddie? I've finally moved over to the regular shaft these days so I would imagine the stock regular shaft, would work for me however there are some good options available.

So, umm yeah, this driver head with the B. Asha shaft was well liked to say the least today.

I had a feeling this would happen. I am thinking I will have to put a tip on my 5x and put this in my testing for shafts when my Xtreme gets here, me thinks it will be towards the top of the heap.

I had a feeling this would happen. I am thinking I will have to put a tip on my 5x and put this in my testing for shafts when my Xtreme gets here, me thinks it will be towards the top of the heap.

I think you owe it to me....er....THP to do so! I need feedback! Hehehe

I think you owe it to me....er....THP to do so! I need feedback! Hehehe

I will not only do it for you and THP but also for myself as well. Haha. I really think this would be a deadly combo.

I will not only do it for you and THP but also for myself as well. Haha. I really think this would be a deadly combo.

As do I! I can't wait until you get yours in hand and start handing out the feedback.

As do I! I can't wait until you get yours in hand and start handing out the feedback.

You and me both! Been anxious to get this for awhile now, but didn't think I would like the trinity shaft so I opted to wait for the Black Tie.

Back