2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'd rather be laying up too 100 out but when I had my Cleveland's I was terrified to hit them. Idk why but they just didn't work for me

Depends on the format and situation to me. Course management & strategy are not big parts of my game and something I know I need to change.

I agree but these are holes that if you miss your all but certain to have a double or bigger. Thick woods or a bean field on either side and fairway probably less than 30 yards wide in places

When I got in to work this morning I decided to go through a stack of papers on my desk that needed to get weeded out. Low and behold in that stack were notes that I had jotted down on potential pairings for the 2012 MC. Not only for my team, but who I thought the other captains would pair together as well. Really interesting look back on those notes. Once formats get announced I'm sure more thoughts will be jotted down and left on my desk for potential pairings.

When I got in to work this morning I decided to go through a stack of papers on my desk that needed to get weeded out. Low and behold in that stack were notes that I had jotted down on potential pairings for the 2012 MC. Not only for my team, but who I thought the other captains would pair together as well. Really interesting look back on those notes. Once formats get announced I'm sure more thoughts will be jotted down and left on my desk for potential pairings.

were you notes close to the actual parings

I can understand course management and putting the ball in the right position off the tee. But isn't a driver to 5i a little drastic? How about a 3W or hybrid? Now you're into a shorter shafted club with more control but will still provide you with some distance.
I was thinking the same thing, there are some longer options between 5i and Driver!!!
I'm looking forward to teeing it up with so many more THPers throughout this process. After looking at all the rosters again, I've only played alongside a few participants and volunteers so far.
I hope some of the dates and travel can work out to get some more THP time before the MC for sure!

I arrived home tonight to a nice little package from my fellow Cobra staffer, IceyShanks. Man I love the Morgan Cup, THP, and its' wonderful members.
Big thanks to Kyle for doing this for all of us. So cool...

8340092028_dbd6508bca_z.jpg

8339033155_9c0c8389c7_z.jpg

8339037981_de11c7297e_z.jpg

That's sweet!

Very very cool Kyle!

I arrived home tonight to a nice little package from my fellow Cobra staffer, IceyShanks. Man I love the Morgan Cup, THP, and its' wonderful members.
Big thanks to Kyle for doing this for all of us. So cool...

8340092028_dbd6508bca_z.jpg

8339033155_9c0c8389c7_z.jpg

8339037981_de11c7297e_z.jpg
Very nice Kyle! I see Tyler is enjoying his already. Mine may be here I didn't check the mail. Guess I should do that

Very cool to do IS! Wish Freddie would have done that for me since we're Callaway and all but that's for another time.......

Very nice!

Very cool to do IS! Wish Freddie would have done that for me since we're Callaway and all but that's for another time.......

Very nice!

Was thinking the same about Chunky for the Bridgestone guys... again for another time.

Those bracelets are pretty cool. Great idea.

Yep my envelope was here. Thanks Kyle I will wear it proud!

Nice work partner, glad to have ya inboard TEAM DOT COM

I'm a couple states away, but will proudly rep my bracelet when I get it. This past week I've been in Memphis and Little Rock and had the opportunity to talk golf with lots of friends and family. Many of them have been keeping up with me on my MC experience and couldn't wait to hear more about it in person. I'm hoping a few will join the site and she what we're all about.

That's a great gesture. Wear them well boys.

cool bracelet..... very cool gesture... Really looking forward to see whats next for the MC i can only imagine what our tour reps have up their sleeves and our sponsors have in store for us. pretty soon all the new equipment will be coming out and then the pondering will go into overdrive.

Very true Buck.
I await Cleveland news daily! I'm pondering things I don't even know about yet!

That's awesome. I've been looking at local golf shops for one of them

Very cool bracelet right there! I'm with you DHill. I can't wait to hear news about Cleveland/Srixon!

That was just an example. A few of the par 4s at my local course are drive able but very tight and lined with trees. A 5i leaves me a stock 7i into the green. My wedge game was sketchy so I was more comfortable with the 7 into the green at that time.

I've hit my 5i off the tee many times. In the late spring when I was playing my best golf I was playing to 150 off of every par 4, no matter what the distance was. On a 350 yard par 4 I was playing a 5i off the tee. Like I said I played my most consistent golf when I was doing that, not really sure why I got away from it.

Very cool bracelet and great gesture fellows.

You guys are livin the high life

That's an awesome Cobra bracelet. Great gesture! I love that we not only have our teammates but we also have our sponsorship brothers as well and we are all looking out for each other when it comes to our sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back