TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Stage 2 Driver Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has the full details of the new TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 driver release. Click the link below to read about the driver in full and scroll down to see in hand pictures of the club.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=18521

DSC_4177-L.jpg

DSC_4179-L.jpg

DSC_4183-L.jpg

DSC_4186-L.jpg

DSC_4189-L.jpg

DSC_4190-L.jpg

DSC_4187-L.jpg

I am sure the shaft is going to cause some stir. But reading about the graphics and their use in alignment. I like it.

Interesting. I'm anxious to see if there is a RBZ stage 2 FW also.

That is wicked looking. I love the paint scheme and graphics!

This would be a winner for me if the crown was clean.

This would be a winner for me if the crown was clean.

But there is a purpose to those graphics. I like it.

I didn't think that I was going to like the look, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be? I look forward to giving them a swing at some point.

Maybe it is Tapatalk, maybe it isn't?!?!

Not a bad offering here. I actually kinda like the graphics on the top as an alignment aid. Looking forward to seeing some more in hand information.

Hmmm. I'm not sure about the yellow

I didn't think that I was going to like the look, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be? I look forward to giving them a swing at some point.

Maybe it is Tapatalk, maybe it isn't?!?!

Agreed on this one. I just wonder if it sounds as terrible as the RBZ did.

I really like the look of the sole, alot.

I'd like to try this to see how it performs for me compared to the Tour RBZ I have in my bag now (which I love). Can't see myself buying for a while though, did a lot of club upgrading last year.

Agreed on this one. I just wonder if it sounds as terrible as the RBZ did.

I really like the look of the sole, alot.

Are you worried about that stock shaft?

I like this one. The crown graphics are pretty good and I like the sole of this one a bunch.

“It’s hard to imagine bringing a driver to market that outperforms the original RocketBallz driver,” said Todd Beach, vice president of metalwoods R&D.
An interesting comment suggesting it would be hard to outdo the original RBZ, as most of the on course commentary I heard this year suggested that their driver offering wasn't nearly as good as the rest of their line.. Seemed to me like there was quite a bit of improvement to be made there.

Either way, I'm excited to hit it.

Head cover is pretty sweet looking!

This just doesn't appeal to me, I feel like I could get used to the R1 graphics, but these don't do it for me at all. I don't care for the headcover at all, and I wasn't a fan of the original RBZ. I am interested in the Matrix shaft however.

I like better then original Rballz but still not into them....Way to busy crown graphics imo....if it work for you though play away!

As soon as I read "longer, lighter shaft" I know I'm barking up the wrong tree. That ship has sailed and sunk.

This one looks good. The crown graphics are eye catching but not obnoxious. I think it is interesting how the preview discusses how they are changing the swingweight. Smacks of a little Boccieri and Cleveland Black. Fascinating stuff all around. Going to have to do a little more reading and pondering.

Back