Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I have let a few people hit the DPCs, and everyone has been pretty positive about them. The last guy said it was the smoothest strike he has put on a ball.

Time for me to put the order in for the 5-iron. Called again this morning and it didn't show up. Oh well... someone out there is going to be playing with one awesome 5-iron, and a bunch of *other* clubs that pale in comparison.

man that really sucks, sorry to hear that. Glad to see everyone loving these irons though

I have really tried to make myself love my i20s, but I have come to the realization that they just aren't right for me. I was better with my old AP2 set. I guess these are like Ap2 with more forgiveness, huh? I also would like to spend some time with the PX Flighted shaft, so these could be a win/win. Another consideration is the Adams CB1, but I think the J40 may win out.

Yeah those would be cool also. Wrists and hands are beginning to swell again. Man how do you choose between the DPC and the CBs. Tough choice

You would love the PX graphite shafts! I do. I was worried about going to a graphite shaft. And am extremely happy that I did. My elbows and wrists are thanking me like you said they would for you.

Amphibians can tapatalk!

I have really tried to make myself love my i20s, but I have come to the realization that they just aren't right for me. I was better with my old AP2 set. I guess these are like Ap2 with more forgiveness, huh? I also would like to spend some time with the PX Flighted shaft, so these could be a win/win. Another consideration is the Adams CB1, but I think the J40 may win out.

Also try the kbs tour 90s they are amazing with this clubhead

I really can't wait to get my hands on some of these to hit, believe it or not I don't remember hitting one at all last year in Myrtle...I swung them a couple of times but never them. I also am thinking about going back to graphite shafts or maybe the KBS 90's or the new PX lightweight shafts...or I guess since we are talking Bridgestone, the Aerotech shafts may be an option as well.

I haven't been able to see the J40 DPC and i20 side by side. Are the J40 smaller headed? To me the i20 is too big and the sole is way too wide.

I haven't been able to see the J40 DPC and i20 side by side. Are the J40 smaller headed? To me the i20 is too big and the sole is way too wide.

They are smaller, not by a ton mind you. Both tremendous sets, I could game either for the rest of my life and be incredibly happy with it.

I am in the same mode as TBT and Mikedean, I am hopeful that if these are my option for irons for the MC I can pair the KBS tour 90 shafts with them. I know just about every one who has played that combination has really enjoyed how they perform.

Why is it that whenever im not on the course, i always forget how awesome my sticks are and always want new everything? These are soooooooooo nice..

You would love the PX graphite shafts! I do. I was worried about going to a graphite shaft. And am extremely happy that I did. My elbows and wrists are thanking me like you said they would for you.

Amphibians can tapatalk!

I do like those BF. Had them in my Pro Combos and really liked the feel. Whichever iron set I go with, they will most likely have graphite in them.

So, I played a different iron set for a few rounds last weekend, and kept mentioning how much I liked them. Had my DPCs back in the bag, and the thoughts of the other irons disappeared after about 3 swings on the range. DPCs are without a doubt, the best irons I have ever gamed. May not be for everyone, but I can find no fault with them.

So, I played a different iron set for a few rounds last weekend, and kept mentioning how much I liked them. Had my DPCs back in the bag, and the thoughts of the other irons disappeared after about 3 swings on the range. DPCs are without a doubt, the best irons I have ever gamed. May not be for everyone, but I can find no fault with them.

Glad to hear you hit them well, I could only imagine how great these will feel with the proper fitting and adjustments

I second this! I absolutely LOVE mine! Best clubs I've ever owned and I've had a BUNCH!

Glad to hear you hit them well, I could only imagine how great these will feel with the proper fitting and adjustments
The Tour 90s matched with the DPCs are just an excellent combo for me, cant deny the incredible feel I get with these.

I second this! I absolutely LOVE mine! Best clubs I've ever owned and I've had a BUNCH!
Some would say that I have gone through an iron set or two in my time playing golf.

What were the other irons and what about these do you like so much more?

Rhino, you will love the DPC's. Love. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

I'm with you buddy. There aren't many other irons I would throw ahead of them. Even at the outing last year where I hit probably 20 different sets these still were in the upper echelon of offerings. Made even better with KBS shafts for me.

I wish I could try some DPC greatness. They're so sessy.

Rhino, you will love the DPC's. Love. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

You keep saying that and I do believe you. I dont think I told you but I managed to find a j40 hybrid and after 2 swings it went in my bag and is making me forget about the Mashie that it replaced and I never thought I would find a club that did that.

I wish I could try some DPC greatness. They're so sessy.
I wish you could too Charlie. Some-day for LH's I hope!
You keep saying that and I do believe you. I dont think I told you but I managed to find a j40 hybrid and after 2 swings it went in my bag and is making me forget about the Mashie that it replaced and I never thought I would find a club that did that.

Nice! Seriously underrated!!

It is and I know I have the wrong shaft in it but I found it used and wanted to check it out. No doubt I am getting them in my bag for MC.
I like it. I've told you before but I will again, you are going to be VERY happy with Bridgestone.

I like it. I've told you before but I will again, you are going to be VERY happy with Bridgestone.

I am starting to agree with you. Even the driver is working a little better with the shaft change.

I'm really very please with my DPCs. I know what to expect on every swing which to me help with the confidence level. Staffers will be pleased with the product they have in the bag.

Back