Looking for new wedges.

Rageshadow

Reaction score
Handicap
Me
I am looking to replace at least two of my wedges, my acient sandwedge which is a Topflite Magna ( for those of you who can remember those ) and my flop wedge which is a off brand a friwnd of mine didn't like and tossed into my bag lol it is a 68%. I have looked at the Scor wedges and love the look of them, however I can't bankroll that much right now. What are some suggestions for a not super cheap but not super high end wedges?

The Callaway Forged wedges were good.,..the cleveland 588's can be picked up cheap right now and I have heard nothing but good things about the J40 wedges

My pops is gaming the Callaway Jaws series wedges and he enjoys them a lot. Those things are dirt cheap right now if I remember correctly.

CG15 or 14

Callaway jaws
Mizuno mp-r12
Cobra trusty rusty

I have had great experiences with the taylormade ATV wedges, xFT wedges, vokeys, and Cleveland 588 wedges all of these are worth looking at, I also have heard so many awesome things about scor wedges, they are worth checking out too!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nike forged wedges. Wilson staff wedges. Cally forged. Bridgestone j40.

As long as it has grooves, maybe a bounce angle, and a loft then it will work for me.

Other than SCOR's and ATVs, all wedges are pretty much the same to me.

I regret not getting SCOR wedges.

Nike forged wedges. Wilson staff wedges. Cally forged. Bridgestone j40.

As long as it has grooves, maybe a bounce angle, and a loft then it will work for me.

Other than SCOR's and ATVs, all wedges are pretty much the same to me.

I regret not getting SCOR wedges.

I forget to mention the Wilson staff fg wedges. You need those on the list

If you're really on a budget I would look at:

Callaway JAWS
Nike Victory Red V-Rev
Nike VR Pro
Cleveland CG14

New, these can be found online for really cheap are are pretty good.

If you can spend just a few more dollars your options really open up and I would look at the Cleveland 588's among others.

CG15 or 14

Agree I saw the 15's for 49.99 and 59.99 at a few places...I also saw a set of 54 and 58 * atv wedges with spinner shafts thats a plus!.....they were 100 for 2...i may still be able to grab them! I am on a quest for new wedges and just dropped 310 on 3 new sm'4s and they are nice but I like the 400 series and some other face profiles better I think! I will be hunting for some stuff tomorrow and be sure to PM you if I find anything in a lower price range....and remember what may work for some , you may dislike! So you could spend the money and not like them! I wish you well with your search and will PM you if I find a deal and give you a nice discount code on a few sites I have to lower the price if the allow it on the particular item!

Mizuno MPT 11 white satin doing a good deal with them just now in the UK

The J40s by Bridgestone are the best wedges I have ever played. From the spin and feel to the control and look. I have been very impressed since I put them in the bag.

The J40s by Bridgestone are the best wedges I have ever played. From the spin and feel to the control and look. I have been very impressed since I put them in the bag.

I agree with this, I still think they are overall the best wedges I have ever gamed. The variable sole which eliminates the bounce options just really works for my game.

If you play lefty, I have a few you could use to help decide, mostly Titleist but so TM and Cleveland too. They are in decent to very good condition. Oh yeah, forgot, got some Mizuno wedges too.

Thanks flykixz23 that would be great, lefty78 sorry righty here but thank you for the awesome offer. I saw a set of three Callaway Jaws on Ebay for a pretty good deal I am looking at right now. The 588's also look good. I wish there was a place less than an hours drive I could actually try some of these at but there isn't so I have to just buy blind which stinks.

Never played them, but nothing but good things to come from the members here. Not to mention they can be found for good prices.

Never played them, but nothing but good things to come from the members here. Not to mention they can be found for good prices.

I highly recommend picking up a set

588s can be had for about $70 now. I hit them and liked them, I just liked the RTX more. Haven't had the chance to hit the J40s, but everyone does seem to like them

If you do not mind if they are not new you should check out a local golf shop or Play It Again Sports. I lost the SW to my set so I needed a new one and went to my local golf shop and picked up an older model Vokey for 20 bucks, it was pretty beat up but after a few round playing with I love it. Check the deal of the day thread and that can give you some great ideas of where to look for deals on clubs and also cheaper used clubs. Good luck

I am looking to replace at least two of my wedges, my acient sandwedge which is a Topflite Magna ( for those of you who can remember those ) and my flop wedge which is a off brand a friwnd of mine didn't like and tossed into my bag lol it is a 68%. I have looked at the Scor wedges and love the look of them, however I can't bankroll that much right now. What are some suggestions for a not super cheap but not super high end wedges?

You can get the Nike VR Pro's from golfsmith online using code 13publ88 they are $63 each.

There are so many great wedges out on the market right now, it's really hard to narrow it down.

I have been gaming one of the new 588 RTX wedges, and really, really like it. There is a huge forum testing review thread on them right now, so perhaps take a look at that thread and see what the testers are saying, as well as their thoughts on the new RTX wedges compared to their previous gamers.

Here is a quick link to that thread; http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...veland-588-RTX-CB-Wedges-Review-Forum-Testing

I'm in the same boat Rage, BUT I am a lefty and I'm watching this thread for suggestions as well.
I just saw a Trusty Rusty 53* in Satin New for 50.00 including shipping.

There are so many great wedges out on the market right now, it's really hard to narrow it down.

I have been gaming one of the new 588 RTX wedges, and really, really like it. There is a huge forum testing review thread on them right now, so perhaps take a look at that thread and see what the testers are saying, as well as their thoughts on the new RTX wedges compared to their previous gamers.

Here is a quick link to that thread; http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...veland-588-RTX-CB-Wedges-Review-Forum-Testing

I too have been playing the RTX's lately and give them a big vote of confidence.

Do you have any preferences? Rounded or flat leading edge? Bigger or smaller head size? Maybe you can get to a demo day or go somewhere and try a few out.

I remember those wedges. Good ol' TopFlite! Unfortunately I have no other suggestions for new wedges other than what's already been said.

~Rock

Back