2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must have been awesome Dean. Definitely would bring back memories, but now for the big question. Did you make par in the sim?

Yes. Hit my 3 wood right in the waste bunker. On the green and missed a 25 footer for birdie. The bunkers even had the cart path tracks in them. It was cool to see it again.

Yes. Hit my 3 wood right in the waste bunker. On the green and missed a 25 footer for birdie. The bunkers even had the cart path tracks in them. It was cool to see it again.

That's pretty freaking cool.

Is this thread mostly for MC guys to talk about timing as far as showing up and leaving etc or is also for MC updates? I haven't been staying up to date that well in here but if MC updates are coming in separate threads, I will just look for those.

Genuine question as I want to be a supporter but don't need to keep up with entrant specific details.

Is this thread mostly for MC guys to talk about timing as far as showing up and leaving etc or is also for MC updates? I haven't been staying up to date that well in here but if MC updates are coming in separate threads, I will just look for those.

Genuine question as I want to be a supporter but don't need to keep up with entrant specific details.
This thread is for anything Morgan Cup related my brotha. You'll see most of us talking about our plans or memories of the event in here but anything and everything Morgan Cup related gets brought up. It kind of changes directions with the wind really.

JJ - its supposed to be used for certain talk about the event and so forth. We are trying to limit the every day banter in here that way when someone comes looking they don't have to go through page after page of banter. Some updates will be made and talked aboutin here, but for the big updates I would imagine a separate thread would be made for that.

JJ - its supposed to be used for certain talk about the event and so forth. We are trying to limit the every day banter in here that way when someone comes looking they don't have to go through page after page of banter. Some updates will be made and talked aboutin here, but for the big updates I would imagine a separate thread would be made for that.

Perfect. All I wanted to know is if updates would be in here or new threads. Thanks

I think that's what gets confusing to many people.

I don't think it has to be confusing. The point isn't to avoid posting here. The point is that when people camp out in here rather than post in the rest of the forum, people don't really know who they are, what they are pondering as far as equipment goes or what they are working on with their games, etc. I know there's not always a definitive line where topics belong, but it's more insular if you all are talking about golf clubs here when you could be using the threads we have for those purposes.

I don't want to make this sound crass, but nobody really reads this thread but you guys and a few others. It's been that way from the very first event and I don't think that will change. It's nothing personal. Just something that's been learned through trial and error. The thought is that by bringing that talk into the general discussion, at least the bulk of the forum can be involved and follow your journies.

With that said, you guys are all great and I don't say that to make anybody mad :D

I don't think it has to be confusing. The point isn't to avoid posting here. The point is that when people camp out in here rather than post in the rest of the forum, people don't really know who they are, what they are pondering as far as equipment goes or what they are working on with their games, etc. I know there's not always a definitive line where topics belong, but it's more insular if you all are talking about golf clubs here when you could be using the threads we have for those purposes.

I don't want to make this sound crass, but nobody really reads this thread but you guys and a few others. It's been that way from the very first event and I don't think that will change. It's nothing personal. Just something that's been learned through trial and error. The thought is that by bringing that talk into the general discussion, at least the bulk of the forum can be involved and follow your journies.

With that said, you guys are all great and I don't say that to make anybody mad :D

No reason to be mad, I think you clarified things very well

That's awesome Dean, that had to be cool to see that hole come up!

I wouldn't mind doing a Wednesday night party again, maybe just do hamburgers and hotdogs or something...and of course tofu dogs for Cookie....haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down and will do some Picana (Brazilian beef) with chimichuri sauce.

You heard it here first folks, party at TBT's villa on Wednesday night!!!

I think I might come in Tuesday this year. Just seems like a good idea.

I'm always game for a party of THPers, that night was awesome! So I don't mind doing it again.

Right now I'm thinking if coming in Tuesday as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was catching up and I saw more arriving on Tuesday and I thought that would be great. Then I saw this... hmmmm are you guys planning on staying at the resort the entire time?

Skimmer...hahaha...they are renting a house just a few minutes north of the resort.

Rhino quit being a silly biscuit. To quote dean: "Fact: Yorkem is right." We'll be around tho Rhino. First couple days are gonna be a little R&R. Probably won't kick into golf until Mon or Tues, but from there, all bets are off.

Yes, excuse me. Where is the 2014 campaign thread? I'm already planning my pursuit for a seat.

Yes, excuse me. Where is the 2014 campaign thread? I'm already planning my pursuit for a seat.

Well the 2013 MC'ers need to do a good enough job so that there is a 2014 Morgan Cup. I would suggest following along and helping us make this a tremendous success

What Chunky said! You, along with us, play a big part in making that happen. I will get on my soap box for a minute if I can, but it is amazing to look back and see that some of the guys that applied and didn't get in are no where to be seen on THP. Now I know there are some factors that are involved but my advise to you 2014 hopefuls.....don't be "that guy".

Haha. It was sort of a joke. Just being silly. Ok, a joke about the campaign thread, but serisouly already pondering what my video would be if the entry rules were the same. :act-up:

I hope I can follow along and contribute to getting it out there! Let's go 2013 Morgan Cup!

Haha. It was sort of a joke. Just being silly. Ok, a joke about the campaign thread, but serisouly already pondering what my video would be if the entry rules were the same. :act-up:

I hope I can follow along and contribute to getting it out there! Let's go 2013 Morgan Cup!

The Morgan Cup is no joking matter!!!!!

Seriously....very cool to have you follow and join in when you can!

It is right? I mean last year I was supposed to land a little after noon on Wednesday and flight delays wound pushing the arrival back until around 6 if I remember correctly. I was furious! Had to miss a tee time with my boys and everything.

So in order to keep that from happening this time I believe I'll just come on Tuesday. Looks like the flights are the same, arrive in Myrtle around noon.
So you'll be getting in about 6PM on Tuesday then? hehehe

I wish the MC was tomorrow. I need to get the heck out of ohio.
You and every other Ohio resident.

What Chunky said! You, along with us, play a big part in making that happen. I will get on my soap box for a minute if I can, but it is amazing to look back and see that some of the guys that applied and didn't get in are no where to be seen on THP. Now I know there are some factors that are involved but my advise to you 2014 hopefuls.....don't be "that guy".

I will say there hasn't been a whole lot for us to be involved in. Once formatting is announced, teams are set against each other and the staffers know for sure what their equipment options will be, much more will be involved.

Once we see bags and gear in hand, most people will be amped to follow along more closely.

I will say there hasn't been a whole lot for us to be involved in. Once formatting is announced, teams are set against each other and the staffers know for sure what their equipment options will be, much more will be involved.

Once we see bags and gear in hand, most people will be amped to follow along more closely.

Jessie, I don't think Nate was talking about you, I think he was talking about the group that haven't even been around the forums at all, flat disappeared...thats sad really.

Starting to look at airline tickets....maybe Ill get there on Monday....LOL...just more awesome time with some THPers on some great golf courses!

I know for a fact he wasn't talking about me! He probably wasn't talking about anyone in particular, just was more as a friendly reminder.

I am probably just as pumped as you guys for the event, I am ready for bags, details, and clubs to start popping up throughout the forum!

TeamJakeEffingParadiseNation, babay!

I whole heartily agree with this post, I'm not in here much as i prefer to be in equipment threads talking about MC setups there. I chime in here every now and then but i guess i could do a bit more

Totally fair Jesse, we appreciate knowing you still jump in and keeping us honest. With the PGA Show wrapped up, things are already starting to get rolling. I know for a fact, we have a few ideas up our sleeves this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back