Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Just caught up with this thread and I'm super intrigued by these irons. Seems like a lot of the distance claims Callaway made are pretty accurate. Both the X hot and X Hot Pro's have me in major ponder mode. I need to hit these irons.

Just went and paid my favorite irons a visit again. 2 demos, 6 iron of each X Hot Pro and X Forged each with their respectvie stock shaft in 6.0. Started out hitting the X Hot Pro and was again seeing great numbers, yardage of about 185 to 190 and a tiny baby draw or dead straight. Hit probably 20 so so balls then grabbed the X Forged and normally I saw a significant drop in distance but today it was much closer, still a good club shorter due to the differences in the loft but for a 6 iron not strong lofted I will take 175 to 180 yard 6 irons all day long. Still leaning toward the X Hot Pro but after today that lean isn't quite as heavily favored anymore.

I'm seriously wanting the XHot Pro's after reading this. Jake how do you think bridging the gap between XHot Pro PW and gap wedge will go??? Will you take the AW or go with a forged wedge???

I'm looking forward to spending some time with these at golf galaxy tonight. I'm going to give the X Hots the chance to win my heart. It is down to those and the XHPs now.

I'm looking forward to spending some time with these at golf galaxy tonight. I'm going to give the X Hots the chance to win my heart. It is down to those and the XHPs now.

There's a GG near you? That's not fair :(

I noticed some of you guys have hit both the XHP's and the R11 irons. Seems like the XHP are longer but what were you seeing on forgiveness and distance loss between the two? Thanks.

I'm seriously wanting the XHot Pro's after reading this. Jake how do you think bridging the gap between XHot Pro PW and gap wedge will go??? Will you take the AW or go with a forged wedge???
My first thought is a forged wedge of 50* for this spot, I think that would be perfect. 50*, 54* and a 58* to round out 4-PW in the X Hot Pro.

A 50* may be too much gap with the XHP pw. Yes, they are that long. I ordered the AW (49) in my XH with a 52, 56 also. Plans of bending them to 53,57, but the 3* gap to the 52 may be a better fit. I'll report back when I get them in and work out the gaps.

A 50* may be too much gap with the XHP pw. Yes, they are that long. I ordered the AW (49) in my XH with a 52, 56 also. Plans of bending them to 53,57, but the 3* gap to the 52 may be a better fit. I'll report back when I get them in and work out the gaps.
I'm used to having a pretty big gap between PW and gap, typically I've used a 52* gap wedge always and have had sets like Burner 2.0s where I've gone straight from the PW to that. It helps teach a lot of versatility in the use of a PW if nothing else.

I would think that shortening the degree gap between the PW and say like a 50* or even maybe like 49-48*. Basicly carrying 2 paw, then going with bigger degree gaps at the bottom of the bag...like to a 52* 57* set up.

My first thought is a forged wedge of 50* for this spot, I think that would be perfect. 50*, 54* and a 58* to round out 4-PW in the X Hot Pro.

Nice I'm thinking 3 & 4 XHot hybrids then 5-PW (irons pending) then 50, 54 and 58 in chrome forged

Nice I'm thinking 3 & 4 XHot hybrids then 5-PW (irons pending) then 50, 54 and 58 in chrome forged

I believe you and I may end up with very similar, if not mirror image, bags.

I recently purchased the 3 & 4 X Hot hybrids and they are so easy to hit and very forgiving.

Is there a hybrid thread? Or can we post our thoughts here?

It was difficult to turn my demo 6i into the shop today. I'd become pretty familiar with the club and want to hold on to it.
Today I warmed up with the 6i which is unusual for me but I figured what the hey. My swing gradually becomes harder as I warm up. But the mid high shots I was seeing with little effort was something to see. As I warmed up the flight climbed as did the distance. Even the misses had good height and distance.
I wasn't trying anything special
Just a steady increase in tempo and as that increased the results got better. Callaway Golf has produced a truly dynamic set of golf clubs in the Xhot pros. I'm really looking forward to an entire bag full of pro goodness

Freddie, you aren't helping me here with these thoughts.

When Freddie says legit, it means legit.

I'll vouch for he is speaking the truth.

I hate you all.

(Not really though).

That is so awesome to hear Freddie!!! Gets me pumped!!

Nice Freddie. I am still constantly thinking about the XHot Pro's. They really felt so nice.

I recently purchased the 3 & 4 X Hot hybrids and they are so easy to hit and very forgiving.

Is there a hybrid thread? Or can we post our thoughts here?

I currently game the Razr X 3 hybrid and had the Diablo Edge before that one. Always have been a fan of the Callaway hybrids, great feel distance and like you say very easy to hit.

I dont think there is a thread for the XHot hybrids but maybe a mod will come along and tell us

I currently game the Razr X 3 hybrid and had the Diablo Edge before that one. Always have been a fan of the Callaway hybrids, great feel distance and like you say very easy to hit.

I dont think there is a thread for the XHot hybrids but maybe a mod will come along and tell us

David ill start one since I've hit them both, the Xhot and xhot pro. Then others can share as well.

It was difficult to turn my demo 6i into the shop today. I'd become pretty familiar with the club and want to hold on to it.
Today I warmed up with the 6i which is unusual for me but I figured what the hey. My swing gradually becomes harder as I warm up. But the mid high shots I was seeing with little effort was something to see. As I warmed up the flight climbed as did the distance. Even the misses had good height and distance.
I wasn't trying anything special
Just a steady increase in tempo and as that increased the results got better. Callaway Golf has produced a truly dynamic set of golf clubs in the Xhot pros. I'm really looking forward to an entire bag full of pro goodness

I'm just hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew with the Pro version :beat-up:.... I had some great numbers on the launch monitor and there was only was miss that showed gawd awful numbers and that was when I hit a couple of inches behind the ball :D. Everything else was solid, sounded awesome, and gave me better than ever carry and spin.

Quick question as I can't seem to find this anywhere, what is the tip diameter on the pros? Hopefully someone out there knows....

Quick question as I can't seem to find this anywhere, what is the tip diameter on the pros? Hopefully someone out there knows....

Im not 100% sure but I would guess the x hot pros at .355 taper and the x hots at .370 parallel

Tapping away on my S3

Mine came in yesterday and I hope to get out to the course today and start the bonding process. They sure are nice looking and when I tore into the box, I got a surprise. Instead of the shafts my fitter had ordered they came with the Project X 95 5.5 shafts. They are obviously a bit heavier than the GS95 shafts that I had thought were coming. Anyways I have heard some good stuff about the PX 95s so I hope they perform to expectations.

Im not 100% sure but I would guess the x hot pros at .355 taper and the x hots at .370 parallel

Tapping away on my S3

That's what I was thinking as well but I can't find any info. Maybe someone that knows can chime in for a second opinion.

Back