The Honda Classic [Spoilers]

I have had wisdom tooth pain. It does suck. With that said, it doesnt all of the sudden go from nothing to excruciating. Gradual progression. I would think with his money, he could have taken care of this weeks or even months ago. Seems like a poor excuse. He just had a temper tantrum today.

Jason Sobel put it best, IMO about this reason...

Jason Sobel ‏@JasonSobelGC
Seriously, though: "Severe wisdom tooth pain affecting concentration" is brilliant strategy. Can't disprove it and it can heal in a hurry.

Anyone else think it might be coincidence that Wozniacki had one of her worst losses as a professional on Wednesday? She lost 2-6, 7-6, 6-1......

I have had wisdom tooth pain. It does suck. With that said, it doesnt all of the sudden go from nothing to excruciating. Gradual progression. I would think with his money, he could have taken care of this weeks or even months ago. Seems like a poor excuse. He just had a temper tantrum today.

Yeah. When I had my wisdom teeth come out, I felt a gnawing pain that I thought was just a cavity in back bottom tooth. So it's not like when your wisdom teeth come in you randomly get debilitating waves of pain.
Now when I had them taken out, they had come in crooked so the whole procedure didn't go so well. I woke up towards the end and heard them still drilling. Mouth was swollen and gums were bleeding for a week and a half. Couldn't eat solid food for over two weeks (at which point I tried to eat some scrambled eggs and I think I ate 14 eggs to make up for lost time).
got a lot of vicoden though :banana:

So I could understand taking a lot of time off after having wisdom teeth removed, but I am dubious of the idea that wisdom teeth pain can result in playing 8 holes in 7 over

Jason Sobel put it best, IMO about this reason...

Jason Sobel ‏@JasonSobelGC
Seriously, though: "Severe wisdom tooth pain affecting concentration" is brilliant strategy. Can't disprove it and it can heal in a hurry.

I guess we have different definitions of "brilliant" haha

On a more serious note, this leaves the door wide open for G-Mac to swoop in and grab the W.

I would respect him immensely if he just old the truth instead of having his PR handlers come up with this BS excuse. A simple "golf is really hard and frustrating, even for pro's, and I didn't handle it well today" would do. Then pay your fine and move on. This excuse is even more weak than the quitting.

(For those who may be tempted to believe the line just ask yourself if you think he walks off after being 7 under and hitting it stiff on 18 instead of the water.)

rounding a corner

paul casey 6 over on the day, 14 over for the tournament. still grinding away

Man I hope GMac sticks around the leaderboard this weekend.......love watching him play the game now.

I would respect him immensely if he just old the truth instead of having his PR handlers come up with this BS excuse. A simple "golf is really hard and frustrating, even for pro's, and I didn't handle it well today" would do. Then pay your fine and move on. This excuse is even more weak than the quitting.

(For those who may be tempted to believe the line just ask yourself if you think he walks off after being 7 under and hitting it stiff on 18 instead of the water.)

I love that his response came after he got into the clubhouse or car or whatever.

Answer to them while walking off "I just wasn't in it mentally"
Answer after talking to his people "yeah.. umm.. Wisdom teeth!!"

@McIlroyRory: "Apologies to all at the Honda. A tough day made impossible by severe tooth pain. Was desperate to defend title but couldn't play on. Gutted"

Yep. Unfollowed.

@McIlroyRory: "Apologies to all at the Honda. A tough day made impossible by severe tooth pain. Was desperate to defend title but couldn't play on. Gutted"

Yep. Unfollowed.

So the day was already tough and then the "tooth pain" made it impossible to continue? I wonder if it would have bee impossible to continue if he stuck it on 18 as Tequila said above?

in less surprising news, camillo went from the lead yesterday to being one shot off the cut line today. ouch

He's 7 over on the day and right on the cut line. That's sad.

He told reporters in the parking lot that he wasent in a good place mentally...So is it wisdom teeth or mentally...

Big risk...no reward this week for me... (Stupid!)

I think this sums it up perfectly

Phil Shiffley ‏@caddiesense2011 So, LPGA player gets bit by black widow, uses tee to open wound, sucks out venom, then finishes round. Rory has a toothache & quits? #golf

Back