True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Yessir! First swings will be on the range and course.

Are you familiar enough with the S-300's to be able to make a comparison?

Awesome, I can't wait to hear how thee perform! Thanks for the reply.

No problem!

Like I mentioned earlier, I moved away from the original S300's because of the lack of feel, it was never the numbers I was getting. So, I'm curious to see what effect this step pattern on these has and/or is supposed to have for sure.

Jman, those clubs are awesome looking. Def going to be able to see you swinging on the range and the course. Can't wait to see them in person.

Last edited:
Jman, those close are awesome looking. Def going to be able to see you swinging on the range and the course. Can't wait to HIT THEM.

FIFY buddy. Hehe

Dang right though, repping THP!

Those look awesome Jman. Can't wait to hear your feedback.

FIFY buddy. Hehe

Dang right though, repping THP!

I appreciate you fixing that. You would not believe all the different club /shaft combinations that I have hit this week. I will have to add this one in also. Looking forward to it. See YOU tomorrow.

Loved hitting these today on the range, Jman. They felt pretty dmn good, IMO. I liked these in the i20, and those irons look SO GOOD.

Some information came in on these today, very interesting to me and helps to explain the stepping a bit:

1-L.jpg

2-L.jpg

Now, yesterdays round in the wind didn't really let me get any feel for these yet. I will say though even though we were on an elevated range I could see a flatter trajectory in the short irons. As the the vaunted "feel" no real thoughts just yet as I was swinging to beat the wind rather than analyzing the feel.

I'm eager to get out on a normal day.

I've also added these to the first post!

Basically a flighted profile then? I could dig that.

How did they perform into, cross and down wind? Where a club short or two clubs short? Could you control the ball in cross breezes?

Basically a flighted profile then? I could dig that.

Pretty much seems like that to me buddy. I agree, its a smart move for DG's IMO.

I'm eager to see if the thinner walls make a difference in the feel, or if its the same ole DG feel.

How did they perform into, cross and down wind? Where a club short or two clubs short? Could you control the ball in cross breezes?

I could control it pretty well Freddie. Easy to flight down for me, no different than the original DG's were there for me.

On the cross winds, I could put it on a line, but the winds were such that they were going to move the ball no matter what you did, I could play it out and let the wind bring it back without much of a loss of distance though, did that nicely on a couple holes.

It was a 2 club wind when in your face for sure.

Glad your finding some information Jman! You are correct in that it was tough to form any real opinions yesterday in the conditions we played in, but from my few swings taken I saw nothing that would turn them off to me.

I know on 17 when I hit the 6i, I saw a decently high ball flight with the wind at our back and my distance was spot on, just left it out right from 176 yards.

In the end, they likely aren't anything that I'd personally be looking for, but I do like to see a little freshness coming from the DG line.

Have always been a DG fan. Good stuff!

Have always been a DG fan. Good stuff!

Why did I not have you hit these on the range? All new shaft from True Temper, I should have gotten Nate in on this.

You going to have this iron setup in Dallas next weekend Jman? I must check it out!!

Why did I not have you hit these on the range? All new shaft from True Temper, I should have gotten Nate in on this.
I was on overload with all the toys you guys had available!!! Easy to miss!

Judging by the graphic you posted they look like they have a nice launch in the mid irons, I think these are worthy of a try. DG has always been a favorite of mine and I still use them today. I can't wait to hear more man.

I wasn't a huge fan of it after a few years with my KBS Tours. Definitely lower launching than my KBS for sure. Kinda reminded me of the Project X shafts? If I were a high launch high spin player, these would be a solid ponder.

You going to have this iron setup in Dallas next weekend Jman? I must check it out!!

Heck yes I will buddy!

I was on overload with all the toys you guys had available!!! Easy to miss!

Invitational. A few swings, I'd really like to hear your thoughts. Everyone's as a matter of fact, good for the review!

Heck yes I will buddy!

Invitational. A few swings, I'd really like to hear your thoughts. Everyone's as a matter of fact, good for the review!
I will absolutely be taking a few swings with these in that case!

Are these replacing the XP line?

Back